Where to get cheap AMSOIL EO?

Blueraven

anyway he told mi i could try to change the oil at a longer interval.

example after i clock 10k on my current oil jus change the oil filter and top up abit using the left over .

then clock another 10k then change oil.

is tis advisable.?

any bros here dis tis b4.?

yes, its ok. he showed me that the EO can last longer than the recommended 24k km oil change. so not to worry. just change the oil filter at the 10 to 12k km mark.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

yes, its ok. he showed me that the EO can last longer than the recommended 24k km oil change. so not to worry. just change the oil filter at the 10 to 12k km mark.

thx bro for the confirmation. its realli value for money .

Neutral Newbie

Registered yourself just to answer this post?

No doubt Amsoil is good lube. Sad to say they have poor distributing and marketing techniques. Customers here are looking for more than extended drain interval properties. If they insist to continue on their mark up pricing techniques, very soon they will kill themselves before anyone else. Maybe you can help to bring the message back to them.

Of cause not to just to reply that post, wanna understand more about amsoil. As i just got my 1st car, so i registered to read up more.

Just random reply, but i gotta agreed with u about the poor distributing and marketing techniques. Seen like there are a few distributors in the market.

I'm not related to them...

I went to their showroom today to purchase their Signature series 5W30 at S$62/gallon. I was attended to by their sales engineer and was told that in order to purchase it at this price, I have to join their membership program at S$29/2 years inclusive of a free Performance additive. This was not reflected on their website nor facebook page. Original price for non-members is S$98/gallon, according to the sales engineer.

Initially had wanted to get the Signature series 10W30 at S$58.50/gallon but they only have ex-stock which is packed in transparent bottles which I decline to purchase due to the dubious packaging.

By the way, this could be a one-time deal for me and I may just give up the membership at a token price for any MCF member who's keen. Pretty disappointed of the overall buying experience.

Neutral Newbie

I went to their showroom today to purchase their Signature series 5W30 at S$62/gallon. I was attended to by their sales engineer and was told that in order to purchase it at this price, I have to join their membership program at S$29/2 years inclusive of a free Performance additive. This was not reflected on their website nor facebook page. Original price for non-members is S$98/gallon, according to the sales engineer.

Initially had wanted to get the Signature series 10W30 at S$58.50/gallon but they only have ex-stock which is packed in transparent bottles which I decline to purchase due to the dubious packaging.

By the way, this could be a one-time deal for me and I may just give up the membership at a token price for any MCF member who's keen. Pretty disappointed of the overall buying experience.

Ya. They will keep on increasing the prices, as they know the customers have no other channel to get Amsoil now.

2 years membership? I doubt they will still be the distributor by then. I will give Amsoil a pass, until they have found an honest distributor, not this kind of marketing gimmick.

I thought their membership is FREE?? This was last I communicated with their customer service about 1 month ago!

Amsoil is not the only oil producer in the whole world.

No matter how good they are, there are always alternative.

what alternatives would you recommend?

what alternatives would you recommend?

"Good" engine oil is highly debatable. But I believe any of those sold by m--x is plenty good enough.

I thought their membership is FREE?? This was last I communicated with their customer service about 1 month ago!

I thought so initially until their sales engineer mentioned that they no longer give free membership. I should have just walk away and purchase other EO elsewhere if not for my tight schedule to get my ride serviced.

The chargeable membership will start from next year on so I'll be going go back to Red Line...

Neutral Newbie

After trying various oil, redline gives me the deepest impression.

Currently on pennzoil ultra which is not bad too, but not Chong enuff.

Hi Club21z. You are currently on pennzoil ultra? How is it compared to Amsoil? I am also thinking of switchin to that. Which grade of amsoil u used? and how much u bought the pennzoil? Thanks.

Hmmm was thinking of dropping by Amsoil this noon tip I read this thread. It's just greedy tryin to monetize their monopoly. It's not as tho they dun enjoy the savins from the bulk orders. Bye bye Amsoil. Switching camps. Wanna start a boycott Thread??

Hi Club21z. You are currently on pennzoil ultra? How is it compared to Amsoil? I am also thinking of switchin to that. Which grade of amsoil u used? and how much u bought the pennzoil? Thanks.

Amsoil is quiet, but requires top up for my old car. 5w40

Pu still on first 1k , early to comment, average so far.

16 dollar from mx.

I used 5w30 redline n darn shiok, but workshop say no good for my old car.

Hmmm was thinking of dropping by Amsoil this noon tip I read this thread. It's just greedy tryin to monetize their monopoly. It's not as tho they dun enjoy the savins from the bulk orders. Bye bye Amsoil. Switching camps. Wanna start a boycott Thread??

this is a free market. if you unhappy with the price, dun buy it. why need to boycott?

this is a free market. if you unhappy with the price, dun buy it. why need to boycott?

Eh, I dont see how 'free market' and 'Monopoly' go hand in hand..

Besides, I also switching camp after this- been using Amsoil for the past 6 years. Maybe try Pen..oil also. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement