Running Shoes - Are expensive running shoes a waste of money

Scb11980

No lah, replacing my asics kayano 23. It is feeling a bit worn already, so better get a replacment before it pichar. 

Actually brand is not that important, it is the fit that suits your running style that is important. Cushioning/neutral/stability. 

I find kayano that offers neutral to stability coverage perfect for me. 

No plantar or knee pain. 

That's why once you find a model that suits us, we tend to remain loyal to it. 

Preparing for school run hah?

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2715659-the-school-run-or-should-that-be-school-walk/

Or getting for your kids?

Not sure about those mentioned but I find saucony overrated. Bought a pair supposedly mid range outgoing model during discount...almost always get aches after run.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

No lah, replacing my asics kayano 23. It is feeling a bit worn already, so better get a replacment before it pichar.

Actually brand is not that important, it is the fit that suits your running style that is important. Cushioning/neutral/stability.

I find kayano that offers neutral to stability coverage perfect for me.

No plantar or knee pain.

That's why once you find a model that suits us, we tend to remain loyal to it.

Haha, I retire my shoes only when they starts to disintegrate, i.e pichar.

Supersonic
(edited)

Haha, I retire my shoes only when they starts to disintegrate, i.e pichar.

Hahaha, me too! My son saw the sole of my current pair worn and bought me a new pair. He asked me to throw the current pair, but, i still carry on clocking more mileage! [:)]

Here is the pair of Nimbus.

post-5603-0-69989500-1556092322_thumb.jp

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Hahaha, me too! My son saw the sole of my current pair worn and bought me a new pair. He asked me to throw the current pair, but, i still carry on clocking more mileage! [:)]

post-5603-0-69989500-1556092322_thumb.jpNimbus - for neutral wearer. 

Have tried various Asics shoe models.

One of the better choice is Nimbus which offers great cushioning, comfort and durability.

For neutral running - latest Flyteform material shaves off some weight and makes shoe lighter yet maintaining a solid feel.

Bought a pair from CCP recently - C&G  :))

• Praise 1

(edited)

Brooks is an underrated brand here in SG.

I've ran on their Ghost & Pure range models before & both pairs have served me well enough that I don't find them any inferior to the Asics Kayanos that I've owned as well at a much lower price point.

If you don't mind past seasons models, sometime you may find deals at more than 50% off the RRP.

They don't have their own retails stores like the Nike/Adidas/UA & most sports outlet outlets don't carry them as well.

Key Power & Sports Link do carry them... Would suggest to check them out & have a test drive  [laugh]

Edited by Spanly
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Brooks, New Balance, Nike, Adidas, Asics, Mizuno, Saucony, Salomon, Newton, Reebok, etc are all great brands offering broad variety and specific need options.

Many loyal fans out there will "swear" by each preferred brand.

Personally, I enjoy testing out selective brands/models when the offers are compelling.

Nowadays with online sales delivering to your doorstep at competitive prices, consumers are really spoilt for choice.

Older shoe models are usually offered at a discount primarily because the shoe "glue" will over time gradually lose its bonding strength causing higher chance of joints tear or slippages of rubber soles.

So shop and buy wisely with your $$$ (which is never enuff for me in particular)

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

post-5603-0-69989500-1556092322_thumb.jp

Still look useable.  I have quite a few pairs with split sole, and I am still gluing them back with contact cement. Bo bian, factory sales are aoll old stock

Then I have a very durable Nike, already 700km mileage, out sole mostly gone.  As long the glue holds mid sole to the upper foot housing, I will still be running in it. Hoping that it will reach the 1000km mark.

Edited by Ender

Hypersonic
(edited)

Review of Mizuno 22

Would recommend instead the New Balance Beacon.

Nike's ZoomX and React foam material are probably the reason I will be trying out a cushioning shoes for my next pair.  Now got better than React foam, must checkout..

Edited by Ender

Twincharged
(edited)

Anyone here familiar with Adidas product range. They have ultra boost, which I imagined to be the TOP end n then there is pure boost n pod.

As I don’t need to rob a bank n run like heck, any real difference between the 3?

Yes I Google but there don’t seems to have a comparison of the 3 differences

Edited by Sdf4786k

Yeah, agree very much on your comments. 

I also have the suspicion that the glue will deteriorate over time and soles coming off.

That's why i will at most get the 1 generation (usually they churn out shoe models 1+ yearly) behind the current one. Eg. I bought Kayano 23 when Kayano 24 was released.

They are usually discounted, but shoe sizes will be limited.

Anything older, the glue is even less likely to hold.

[thumbsup]

Brooks, New Balance, Nike, Adidas, Asics, Mizuno, Saucony, Salomon, Newton, Reebok, etc are all great brands offering broad variety and specific need options.

Many loyal fans out there will "swear" by each preferred brand.

Personally, I enjoy testing out selective brands/models when the offers are compelling.

Nowadays with online sales delivering to your doorstep at competitive prices, consumers are really spoilt for choice.

Older shoe models are usually offered at a discount primarily because the shoe "glue" will over time gradually lose its bonding strength causing higher chance of joints tear or slippages of rubber soles.

So shop and buy wisely with your $$$ (which is never enuff for me in particular)

Managed to pick up a good deal from Amazon, 

Asics Kayano 25 NYC marathon edition...... Usd 111 shipped. Works out to be about SGD160.

The rainbow lettering not exactly my style... But hey.... The price is damn good to pass. Queensway Kayano 25 best price is SGD 200++

:D

post-24957-0-82548000-1558487082_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Asics Kayano 25 NYC marathon edition...... Usd 111 shipped. Works out to be about SGD160.

The rainbow lettering not exactly my style... But hey.... The price is damn good to pass. Queensway Kayano 25 best price is SGD 200++

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190522-085404_Chrome.jpg

use black kiwi to brush over it ?

I believe you’re not one of those who contributed to Queensway closure by trying the size out over there but buy online...

Did you try Sportlink? I find their offer price sincerely genuine especially NB shoes, LiNing racket, teva sandals.

Turbocharged

Wow. Nice marathon running shoes.

Good choice fit for a running champion! :))

In the past, I also have been buying occasionally from Amazon or runningwarehouse etc during annual Black Friday sales haha.

Queensway Asics shoe prices are more or less "controlled" by main importing distributor - therefore grossly overpriced aside the high rentals.

Well, the rainbow colours will fade over time and serve to remind you have a special edition shoe.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

my nike frees are from amazon as well.

if buy funny colors, then it's cheaper than queensway. If the nicer colors, then maybe not far off from queensway

• Praise 2

Anyone here familiar with Adidas product range. They have ultra boost, which I imagined to be the TOP end n then there is pure boost n pod.

As I don’t need to rob a bank n run like heck, any real difference between the 3?

Yes I Google but there don’t seems to have a comparison of the 3 differences

I have been running with Adizero Boston. It’s light and responsive. Toebox is narrow though.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1