Running Shoes - Are expensive running shoes a waste of money

Scb11980

Nike's ZoomX and React foam material are probably the reason I will be trying out a cushioning shoes for my next pair. Now got better than React foam, must checkout..

I think top end shoe gets ZoomX. Check out properly
↡ Advertisement

Lol.... Idea :D

I just hope I will not be mistaken to be from the LGBT community.....  :D

use black kiwi to brush over it ?

Yeah. That's what I realized too. 

Another source is to buy from asics website directly.  About SGD180 with free local shipping for the same model and similar unpopular colours. The newest version (colour) price remains at sgd250. 

Luckily, I value function over form, so these cheap weird colours deals are ideal for me.  :D

my nike frees are from amazon as well.

if buy funny colors, then it's cheaper than queensway. If the nicer colors, then maybe not far off from queensway

Supersonic

We have not touched on the second part of the thread - a waste of money.

I think these shoes offer better cushioning and protection for our feet. The give ourfeet proper grip without causing discomfort!

Paying for sich causes some pain to the wallet,but, the relieve the pains ftom our feet!

I think hit is $ wise to buy the just-rellaced model!

One thing for sure- these shoes cannot be kept too long. They would disontegrade like sponge cakes! I have experienced it more than once!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Yeah. That's what I realized too. 

Another source is to buy from asics website directly.  About SGD180 with free local shipping for the same model and similar unpopular colours. The newest version (colour) price remains at sgd250. 

Luckily, I value function over form, so these cheap weird colours deals are ideal for me.  :D

my 2 pairs now currently are red and orange.  [laugh]

as long not neon pink can liao  [:p]

I have uneven wear on my heels, so need to rotate. 

My oldest pair is kept in my car in case need standby driving shoes.

Edited by Lala81

I think these shoes offer better cushioning and protection for our feet. The give ourfeet proper grip without causing discomfort!

Paying for sich causes some pain to the wallet,but, the relieve the pains ftom our feet!

One thing for sure- these shoes cannot be kept too long. They would disontegrade like sponge cakes! I have experienced it more than once!

That’s because of humidity.

Keep it in a fairly dry sure no issue.

Hypersonic

Thatâs because of humidity.

How to keep dry? You use those thirsty hippo?

Supersonic

Thatâs because of humidity.

They were kept in shoe boxes. When they are not touched for too long, the problem arises!

That’s because of humidity.

Not in my case. Had kept my brand new army track shoes (Brooks) in the bomb shelter for almost two years...then one fine day...the run cut short after less than two hundred meters...Base sole came off neatly as one piece but the other parts disintegrated like crushed styrofoam.

Had another pair of the same model prior to that and was super comfortable-thanks SAF- got the silvers in ippt because of that. Running was never my like or forte...but that Brooks running shoes still my favourite.

How to keep dry? You use those thirsty hippo?

Keep in air cond room.

I keep my shoes in my guest room. I will switch on dehumidifier in that room.

They were kept in shoe boxes. When they are not touched for too long, the problem arises!

All my new shoes are kept in bedroom with dehumidifier.

I still got 2 - 3 running shoes that is BNIB.

Not in my case. Had kept my brand new army track shoes (Brooks) in the bomb shelter for almost two years...then one fine day...the run cut short after less than two hundred meters...Base sole came off neatly as one piece but the other parts disintegrated like crushed styrofoam.

Had another pair of the same model prior to that and was super comfortable-thanks SAF- got the silvers in ippt because of that. Running was never my like or forte...but that Brooks running shoes still my favourite.

Put humidifier in bomb shelter. It helps to prolong your shoes.

SAF shoes might be kept in warehouse for too long.

Yeah, no matter humid or dry, cannot run away from oxidation and natural degradation of the pvc foam and glue. 

That's why my policy is to just buy when I need them. No point hoard shoes even if there is cheap sale, because if really disintegrate like kenna infinity glove snap... Then cheap also is waste of money. 

After having similar experience as you, I treat running shoes like car tyres..... 

Buy the best model for your need (under/over pronators/neutral/comfort), they are not meant to last you a life time. It is a wear and tear item.

No point buy tyres to store as it will harden with time even when not used. Same like running shoes. 

• Praise 2

I always have a bad habit of buying too many running shoes.

I started running on new shoe bought 1 yr ago. Has clocked 25km without much issue.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I always have a bad habit of buying too many running shoes.

I started running on new shoe bought 1 yr ago. Has clocked 25km without much issue.

As runner, always good to have shoes for rotation so there is variety in training. Each time you swap another pair of shoes, you are training another set of the calves micro muscles. Same principle as trail running on uneven ground. Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

As runner, always good to have shoes for rotation so there is variety in training. Each time you swap another pair of shoes, you are training another set of the calves micro muscles. Same principle as trail running on uneven ground.

I used to rotate running shoe. Now lazy Liao.

How is your experience with trainasone?

Turbocharged

Agree that shoes which are kept too long un-used will disintegrate usually at the wrong place and time.

Used to run with "lelong" 3-year late shoes from sportslink and lo! whammy time - both shoes' foam and rubber disintegrate right in the middle of MacRitchie trail during a rainstorm. Happened to my NB and Nike shoes.  :((

Came home with a bad cold!!

Moral of story - buy shoes not more than 1 series late, eg Kayano current model 25, then buy kayano 24 fullstop.

I don't think it is a waste of money buying good shoes for serious and injury-free running.

However if it is for walking and casual use then it is dependent on personal choice.

Eg Decalthon has very attractively priced budget running/walking shoes but I am not a fan.

Hypersonic

I used to rotate running shoe. Now lazy Liao.

How is your experience with trainasone?

1 month trial for Trainasone is not enough to tell if will suit me. It's too early as these few weeks, it schedule too little runs week. I will carry on using the crippled free version.
↡ Advertisement