Dealer say subwoofer spoilt, what brand to change?

Idiooot

Hey bros,

Newbie qn here. If the subwoofer on a subaru legacy dies, what other brands shld i change to which are more compaitable with the factory macintosh sound system?
Due to take over a legacy but dealer just told me woofer kaput after i asked him doublr check, in the limited time dunno how much to spend to replace the woofer to make the sound at least on par, if not better than stock system. Need to know cause intend to ask dealer for price reduction from our agreed amount.

Thanks in advance for all ur responses

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Those subwoofer from factory is only middle grade,go to Paya Ubi,there are alot of audio shop for quotation....but anyway most brands now made in China,except you willing to pay alot then can get the real U.S. or Japanese ones.

but will the sound system sound v weird if i change to aftermarket subwoofer but leave sound system unchanged

my subwoofer on legacy also spoil. is it a legacy problem? mine is 2006. looking for replacement too

dunno leh bro. but more important is to replace. MI tell me they charge 562 for the subwoofer excluding labor and stuff. is that price justifiable?

dunno leh bro. but more important is to replace. MI tell me they charge 562 for the subwoofer excluding labor and stuff. is that price justifiable?

$562 can get quite good components....

Twincharged

Anyway just share with you,my car's O.E.M. Bose speakers are made in Mexico,not in U.S.A.....some cars even worse,made in China.

It should be a puncture in the linens. Just do a re-wrap costing not more than $50. Go to Legacy forum for more info.

↡ Advertisement