Stiff Ring - Good to have?

Subutai

Well maybe this video will have a better explaination,

Its just a theory on how it works and what is it suppose to do, Whether it works or not is another issue, Only those that have installed it will know.

If the bolts are tightened to specs, the subframes shouldn't be moving (unless flexing). I believe if the subframes are loose, when you steer, you should hear some knocking sound. In the design of some cars, the bolt area is tapered so that it fits in snugly. But anyhow this is my opinion - and thanks for the video.

↡ Advertisement

To test if your car has a sub optimal design and that the subframe moves.... I would suggest you do the front wheel alignment, then go over a hump (or a few) and come back and check the wheel alignment again. If the bolts aren't holding the subframe tightly then it will affect the alignment.

Some good points put forward...

Bigbadguy - you from VOGS? Installed already? I am just a tad concern on the installation process. I understood that alignment may be required but if subframe is not tighten (torqued) properly, the alignment will always be skewed.

Some good points put forward...

Bigbadguy - you from VOGS? Installed already? I am just a tad concern on the installation process. I understood that alignment may be required but if subframe is not tighten (torqued) properly, the alignment will always be skewed.

Yup I've just installed today lol, Well its for $95 only so i gave it a try, So far no obvious diff as I have tighten chassis to sub frame before. I feel the turning sharpness and repsond is the same as before, But this is only a short drive form the wk shop to my wk place. Let me test out a few familar roads then i will let you know if there is any diff.

Don't worry, I wont give gd feed back just because I buy it and I want to justified the money spend, But my feed back will be from what i feel abt the product, If it is trash, I will say its trash, lol. Since I've already tried many trashed products [bigcry] [bigcry]

Give me abt a week of driving and I will update you the review ;)

Yup I've just installed today lol, Well its for $95 only so i gave it a try, So far no obvious diff as I have tighten chassis to sub frame before. I feel the turning sharpness and repsond is the same as before, But this is only a short drive form the wk shop to my wk place. Let me test out a few familar roads then i will let you know if there is any diff.

Don't worry, I wont give gd feed back just because I buy it and I want to justified the money spend, But my feed back will be from what i feel abt the product, If it is trash, I will say its trash, lol. Since I've already tried many trashed products [bigcry] [bigcry]

Give me abt a week of driving and I will update you the review ;)

Okay... Tks. Await your feedbacks. :D

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro here. Do not buy stiff ring frm the seller in market place name Alvin. I SMS him to ask for the price and only to know it is $5 more than what others are selling in other forum and some more got to wait. I politely told him on this and he reply me saying if I wanted to buy stiff ring why bother to save that few dollars. Must be I too poor to buy coilover so buy stiff ring.

I was so angry and told him off to go and beg if he is so desperate to earn my $5. An he reply me telling he drive a BMW and ya ya want to show off. And he also tell me other seller cannot be selling lower than his price and ask him don't come back to him if they are more expensive.

Please try to avoid buying from him. There are many better seller outside who are much more friendly them him.

Tq

Neutral Newbie

This item have been popping up everywhere in various car forum. Looks like the "in" thing now.

Price varies, $XXX to $XX.

Remains to see if this is well proven to work.

Just installed stiff rings to my Kia Forte last month at Mirage Garage located at Yew Tee Industrial Estate.

I was skeptical initially about this four rings before installing and was wondering how it helps and what are the effects.

After installing, immediately I can feel the difference before and after installation.

The steering is more responsive and slightly heavier (Kia Forte steering is very very very light) which allows me to have better control of the vehicle during lane changing and overtaking. Cornering is sharper and more stable. The car ride is firmer, lesser vibration and I dun feel the uneven road surface dat much. I'm starting to enjoy my ride now

Those are all the advantages I've gained from installing the stiff rings and I must say that I am not receiving anything to promote this products. Just an honest review of what I've gained for those who can't decide. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Neutral Newbie

I have also installed on my ride. There is a difference but not really significant imo. Handling tad sharper but after a few days you won't feel much diff. Paid about $300 for few "washers". Can do without unless you got spare cash to throw.

my take is that you will feel a diff, due to a tigher chasis... where gaps are filled

but its suceess is also its failure...

but being a softer metal, it will loosen over time due to repeat compression...

i will stick to hardcore bars

I drove someone else's car. There IS a difference and it's freaking obvious. If the price is cheap, e.g. the M'sian price, can do. If it is ex, e.g. Japanese version, no point.

Whether it'll last... as Vidz says.. I have no idea.

$440 for 16 pieces of aluminium washers just for a subaru? Those things are soft metals and probably will be weaken by the vibrations or knocks on the road thus loosening and c--k up the alignment again? Seems you need to change them often and for the price, I better upgrade something else. Geeeez I probably stick to the proven 2 piece rear subframe lockdown bolts for my subaru and get my chassis tighten to spec.

Or why dont people just tighten your chassis first and see if there is any difference before buying those expensive washers?

This stiff ring is a big joke... To me at least. Btw I can get a full set for my car for RM180. But I rather not.

This product is to me is like some turbo fan thingy after the open pod filter s--t.

Yes I understand a stiffer chassis equals better steering response. But the effects look extremely minimal so much i do not believe you can feel it on a daily drive.

But then again... The mind is a powerful thing.

And for this kind of money, much better spent elsewhere.

Technically it's a SPACER.

Paid video advestiment is highly bias. In Mechanical Stds mounting bolts which are 2 size smaller are not acceptable practice. It could lead to alignment issues between GB and engine. It will take much longer time to complete alignment tasks than putting in correctly sized bolts.

Bi-metallic corrosion effect. Unless all the materials are the same type. Bolting aluminium and steel materials will cause bi-metallic corrosion.

Better keep our hard earn money for uncertainties ahead.

Even after your post... People still asking where's the bin to throw away their money. [laugh]

My humble opinion. Stick with stock suspension, and if you really want to improve your handling/ride, save up for a coilover.

Undercarraige braces/strut bars will also enhance the drive, but a good set of coilover should suffice for everyday driving.

Stiff ring ? Sounds more like a marketing gimmick and if it does indeed work, I am unsure about the safety aspect.

↡ Advertisement