What gives an non approved exhaust away

Calvinus

wah liew got so bad mah? any car when accelarator is floored should pickup reasonable well... I am quite sure stock car especially for the reputable ones altis, civic, fit, ex, etc should be well balanced. well of cos dont expect the performance and stability of a type r right?

Cheers

just remember thee cars are designed for 'general' road conditions, from the terrible Indian roads (from what i read on forums) to the "better" conditioned roads of Singapore. The overly soft suspension and almost off-road design may more suited for India but it really not a very good setup in Singapore. Stock Civic and stock Altis is night and day in terms of handling. Comfort is another matter (in fact comfort for driver and passenger is 2 VERY different situation).

There is a reason Altis is not a popular cars for younger drivers. They either go for the cheaper Vios or Civic.

My catalytic converter may be spoiled, according to the mech. Engine warning light keeps coming up every 2 days or so ever since the top overhaul. Been reseting ECU myself as I find the warning light damn irritating after spending 5k+ change a lot of things. Mech says run 3 or 4 tankfuls of Techron fuel, clean out the lubricants they used on the engine during the top overhaul job, the engine warning light may go off. If it doesn't, then have to change cat converter liao. Stockist quote me $1450 for the part alone [knife]

Think I'll just mod and take out the honeycomb. Inspection come then put back. 1.5M, take out converter also should't be too loud i hope.. Tp pass by make sure gear 5 and light foot :o

Unburnt oil entering e cat can damage it. Cud b e ws never do a good job when overhaul so ty killed yr cat.

Maybe u can try scrapyards in SG n JB fr a 2nd hand cat cheaper. New cat is damm ex.

Not all cars easy to buy cat pipe. Stockist also know you cannot find anywhere else so jack up the price high high. One day kenna LTA catch, no choice you have to buy. It is like fishing with a big hook. Waiting for big fish to come bite one day.

I was ever caught before by LTA for illegal mod on the road, one is the exos of course. As topic suggests TP maybe see the shape of the exos to decide whether is it suspicious.. I think the cylindrical shaped ones are definitely a aftermarket part as stock ones usually never this shape... But because my ride is not a car ppl usually thought of modding so it's like many years after going illegal modding before get caught. I also think the choice of car can decide u get high profile or low profile.

Just bcos you mod your xos doesn't mean you're going to get a performance boost my friend...you need to mod a lot more than that. But if you must know what gives away an illegal xos mod, it's the smell and the sound.

one question? can the LTA guys hear ur exhaust when they are wearing their helmets and riding behind you...sorry i never wore a motorbike helmet before. I am not talking about those loud exhaust you can FEEL 2 blocks away but just louder than usual.

Neutral Newbie

Brudder is very simple ok...your exhaust kpkb one, will attract attention and got some pao toh kia call mobile and then you pitchar lobang liao. So the ideal way is to take an exhaust that is quite quiet one...even when TP ride by won suspect a thing...you remember NS rule #1 right? 'Can do, just don't kena caught' right?

Neutral Newbie

What if this happens.

Example, car A has this existing exhaust say "HKS exhaust" which is legal for car A and is in the list of approved exhaust from LTA. Thing is that this exhaust has been ordered from overseas and only comes with a jasma cert.

What r the ways to make this exhaust "legal" in singapore?

Possible to just show the jasma cert to the police when stopped on the road?

That time my exos additionally fitted with a muffler to cut the noise output as it's noisy inside the car.

Performance seems about the same as I'm not a ricer as default. Just wanted the looks and noise better than stock.

Anyway without the muffler still sound a bit different from stock as my midpipe has been decatted. Looking to change mine as I intend to drive my ride beyond 10 yrs. After 10 yrs every yr must inspect. Very troublesome.

That time my exos additionally fitted with a muffler to cut the noise output as it's noisy inside the car.

Performance seems about the same as I'm not a ricer as default. Just wanted the looks and noise better than stock.

Anyway without the muffler still sound a bit different from stock as my midpipe has been decatted. Looking to change mine as I intend to drive my ride beyond 10 yrs. After 10 yrs every yr must inspect. Very troublesome.

WTF?! Decat should be more illegal than noise lo. Also... you decate but put in muffler. Dont make much sense at all. You're better off getting a high flow cat and dont bother about the muffler.

Bro, this is very simple one. The more attention your xos attracts, the more likely it is for mata to saman you. Moral of the story? Get a discreet xos.

WTF?! Decat should be more illegal than noise lo. Also... you decate but put in muffler. Dont make much sense at all. You're better off getting a high flow cat and dont bother about the muffler.

Yeah air pollution or something. Can tell that the fuel is burning richer due to smell.

Even legal exhaust, if loud, and you're blowing, will attract TP attention. The difference is that you have the cert to tell them to get lost.

Turbocharged

they don't need to see shape or hear sound. The smell is a giveaway.... even those certified legal exhaust dun have that smell..

↡ Advertisement