Usage of disabled/handicapped parking space/lot

Bloodymiko

I think there's a longer version of that video if im not mistaken. The malaysian said better to give the 1000rm the Singaporeans offered to repair the car and donate to the disabled instead

and the couple did not keep their side of the bargain, thus he let it go public.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone posted this before?

From HWZ:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bmake-til-so-big-%5D-couple-misused-parking-privilege-reserved-persons-disability-5382075.html

g6ISHlm.jpg
Lee Siew Yian shared in her Facebook about a couple who may have abused the handicap-parking privilege. The Car Park Label Scheme for Persons with Physical Disabilities (PWD) allows eligible persons with physical disabilities to embark and disembark from their vehicles in accessible parking lots by displaying a special vehicle label.

Lee shared that on 27 May at about 6.50pm the couple parked the car at the spot designated for persons with disabilities at Punggol Waterway Point. Lee publicly shamed the couple because she felt that the couple were not truthful in why they needed to use the privilege reserved for PWD.

Her post has gone viral and has been shared over 2000 times. We republish her Facebook post.

27 May 6:50pm at Punggol Waterway point, this car SGD 8322P pulled into a parking lot for the disabled. A man walked out alone. I thought he might have missed the sign and said politely: “Excuse me sir, this is a handicap parking lot.” He said: “Can’t you see that I have a label? I am picking my mother in law.” I felt a little embarrassed for my over reaction.

I walked into the mall and saw the man walking with a lady. They went up the escalator where I was heading and started queuing outside Swensons. I was puzzled and asked: “Sir did you parked at the handicap lot?” He asked: Who are you? Are you a civil servant? Me: “No, I am just a human being.” He: “You have no right to question me.” Me: you can’t park at the handicap lot because you are not ferrying the passenger.’ He: “what are you going to do to me?” The lady next to him told me: “my mum is inside Swensons.” When I asked to verify, suddenly they don’t need to eat at Swensons anymore. (followed by play catching at the escalator as I record their video)

I can’t do much and only hope to help create awareness. As I am typing this, I am struggling within myself, Am I being mean to create this post? Due to our ageing population, there is a shortage of parking space for the disabled due to increased demand.

Please share this if you feel that more people should be aware that they can’t park at the lot meant for the disabled , if they are not ferrying the disabled passenger. (even if they have a label.

Information on types of parking label for people with disabilities. Class 1 vs Class 2. >>https://www.sgenable.sg/pages/conten...l-disabilities
Note: this car has a class 2 label.

Turbocharged

Seems like class 2 label too easy to get... plus potential for abuse as you can park for 1 hour.

I thought it should only be valid if there is a handicapped passenger?

(edited)

I hope the authorities can issue more such labels dan we can get to see "handicaps" or "elderly" fight over that one lot. [laugh] 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Shame them. A lot of such people exist in our tiny island.

Divine justice if his car got scratched by a passing wheelchair as it is blocking the lot...  :D

Hypersonic
(edited)

To be frank, they are just one of the thousands abusing the yellow label. Just that they are not caught.

Same with underaged driver.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

All handicapped lots shd be cctv recorded. Any abusers shd be shamed online with full license plate shown.

We need a tribal council society.

Turbocharged

It is sad like what we are witnessing at mrt trains. Society should be such that that person with the most needs should be given priority regardless if that lot or seat is designated for them.

We should avoid these lots but for good reasons, you should be able to park there. Ultimately, gracious society is not by law.

Looking at the car, will roughly shape my impression on the driver.. There are 4 most important words in life, Love, Honesty, truth and respect.. Apparently, he got none..

Mentally handicap ... considered as "handicap too".

I am sure that the driver knows the restriction with the different decals. They are simply exploiting the situation.

As the saying goes ... You can do anything but dont get caught. Got caught still want to kpkb and defend. What happen if a Class 1 label car came by and needs to park ?

Too selfish and inconsiderate

Must really salute this lady for pursuing this matter, usually i will just report the matter to the mall or building security, no need to get upset by such people who abuse the disabled car label.

• Praise 1

Most yellow label handicap decal abuse the system.

Many at times, they are driving alone and don;t have the handicapped passenger with them, and still park in disabled lot.

Disabled lot should be strictly for those with disabilities and require assistance in driving and operating a car.

post-27974-0-11214000-1471074702_thumb.jpg

Many at times, they are driving alone and don;t have the handicapped passenger with them, and still park in disabled lot.

Disabled lot should be strictly for those with disabilities and require assistance in driving and operating a car.

Hmm maybe they go pick disabled family member?

There are also blue label ones who abuse, my house here got one woman ok de, driving and parking the blue label in handicapped lot everyday

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2