Usage of disabled/handicapped parking space/lot

Bloodymiko

Neutral Newbie

If were me if the guy and wife keep on staring, probably I will ask them WTF and don't just staring.

These ppls better stare till eyes pop out.

Haiz... i really got abit freaked out.... i'm a lady, all alone in my car waiting lol.... and the carpark was rather quiet at that time....

I feel that being a gracious society, perhaps such actions is really uncalled for.... how about asking or just saying "excuse me... can i go first or i really need the lot?"

↡ Advertisement

Would you like to consider who needs the handicap carpark lot more - between a fully fit driver and a handicap driver?

Another nutcase in this highly stressed sh.thole.

Government should consider building more mental health hosp to cater their needs.

Seems like every once or two weeks there's some nutcase tussle on public transport.

Supersonic

If the other car has a handicap label, he shld juz ask or tell you to move if you're obstructing (which you shld oblige without any hesitation). Even if the other car doesn't hv the label but needs the lot for ease of access for old folks, juz be gracious and make way and not adopt the "i was here first" selfish attitude.

I've encountered similar situations at loading bays where someone hogs 2 lots but since the driver was in the car, I juz asked politely (but firmly), for him to park his car within his lot so that others could also use 2nd lot. They usually oblige except once when this CB juz stood there, stare at me, pretend no speaking engrish and looked away. But rather than telling him what i thot of his mother and what a CB face she has given birth to, I juz moved on knowing one day, he'll surely get himself in trouble that kinda F-up attitude.

Staring and whipping out camera phone for such situations simply shows low EQ and loser 'entitlement' mentality, IMHO.

Neutral Newbie

If the other car has a handicap label, he shld juz ask or tell you to move if you're obstructing (which you shld oblige without any hesitation). Even if the other car doesn't hv the label but needs the lot for ease of access for old folks, juz be gracious and make way and not adopt the "i was here first" selfish attitude.

I've encountered similar situations at loading bays where someone hogs 2 lots but since the driver was in the car, I juz asked politely (but firmly), for him to park his car within his lot so that others could also use 2nd lot. They usually oblige except once when this CB juz stood there, stare at me, pretend no speaking engrish and looked away. But rather than telling him what i thot of his mother and what a CB face she has given birth to, I juz moved on knowing one day, he'll surely get himself in trouble that kinda F-up attitude.

Staring and whipping out camera phone for such situations simply shows low EQ and loser 'entitlement' mentality, IMHO.

I definitely agree with the action of making way for those elderly who have difficulties in walking and not making things hard for them as life have been for their age....

actually i had mentioned in some replied posts that i had wanted to get off my car to ask him if he needs the lot and i'll gladly make way for him to use the lot first since my grandparents have yet to arrive.... but the way he drove his car, suddenly his car was already in front of mine, while i am still trying to understand the situation, then after dropping them, he turn his car around in split seconds and his car already opposite mine.... leaving me no space to move out or turn or whatsoever..... then when i wanted to step out of my car, his wife already at the spot where she alighted then suddenly i heard screeching sounds again, there is his car in front of mine again.....

i was in no position to drive because of the sudden actions of this driver is unpredictable as i can't estimate when he'll driving and i definitely don't want to get into any accident.....

besides, i would have appreciated more like what u had done previously, just ask politely... i'm sure things can be worked out somehow....

thanks for your kind response, both my aunt and another uncle are usually the ones who ferries them around, but as a granddaughter, i feel that i should do my part and not tires them out as they also are working adults so when it's possible or when the relatives they visit are nearer to my area or so, i'll try to ferry them since i dont really sleep so early so they can stay longer if they want and don't have to rush them.

as for the label, i think my aunt/uncle has it on their car so i might not be able to get it right?

The handicap label allow you to specify up to 3 different cars number plate that are use to fetch the handicap person. But that is during the submission time. I m not sure whether are you able to amend the car plate listing after the successfully application of the label. I think you can call hdb to find out more.

Neutral Newbie

The handicap label allow you to specify up to 3 different cars number plate that are use to fetch the handicap person. But that is during the submission time. I m not sure whether are you able to amend the car plate listing after the successfully application of the label. I think you can call hdb to find out more.

Really appreciate the advice and tips given by you.... plus the other kind souls' advices as well.... at least hearing from them gives me a better idea..... and most likely that i'm not alone facing such incidents.... :) glad you guys help me out....

Neutral Newbie

seriously, handicap lots are grossly under-utilised.

just like handicapped toilets..... oops.... :)

perhaps our society's aging population is increasing.... on top of that, i think more and more disabled people are getting more independent hence they are more likely to be able to or in need of such facilities bah....

seriously, handicap lots are grossly under-utilised.

Although there are not many handicapped people who own cars (because cars are expensive and most are elderly, whose eyesight might no longer be that good and their savings are spent on medical expenses), I think the lots must remain. Very useful for family members to fetch them from their home.

The normal lots are simply too small to offload/load the passenger and wheelchair and the natural thing of the driver to do is to stop as near to the lift lobby as possible, then park the car at another place.

So yes, although it is less revenue for government, people having that thinking, "since for 5 years I have been staying here I know my block got no handicap label car, so I use the handicap lot to park my car", I will still support having handicap lots around.

Inconsiderate drivers who are able bodied and park at the handicap lot, I think sometimes just have to live with it. They are inconsiderate doesn't mean that the general population must follow.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Although there are not many handicapped people who own cars (because cars are expensive and most are elderly, whose eyesight might no longer be that good and their savings are spent on medical expenses), I think the lots must remain. Very useful for family members to fetch them from their home.

The normal lots are simply too small to offload/load the passenger and wheelchair and the natural thing of the driver to do is to stop as near to the lift lobby as possible, then park the car at another place.

So yes, although it is less revenue for government, people having that thinking, "since for 5 years I have been staying here I know my block got no handicap label car, so I use the handicap lot to park my car", I will still support having handicap lots around.

Inconsiderate drivers who are able bodied and park at the handicap lot, I think sometimes just have to live with it. They are inconsiderate doesn't mean that the general population must follow.

You gave me a good idea, perhaps i should also go explore to see if there is any space near the lift lobby where i can let them alight.... but is it against the law to do so?

Edited by Bloodymiko

Aiya TS, U r not at fault la.. Just so happen that the area got alot of old folks.. My situation pretty similar, if im gonna bring my grandpa/ma out, i'll drive and park at handicapped lotl but ill make sure im always near the car in case, some holy nothing better else to do ppl will kpkb or someone who really need the lot. I'll get down, open my boot, adjust the seat...

something like action action to show the kaypo public tat I have a wheelchair-ed person coming. If i gonna come across this kinda ppl, maybe i'll just get down from my car, approach them, tell them real nicely tat my ah ma or ah gong coming down. will they take long to unload their passenger? if not then, I'll drive out of the lot first, give way to other, there might be a day that u might need others to give way to u.

Dun be so bother by it, others might not know who r u waiting for, they might misunderstand.. Generation gap and difference mind set will cos some misunderstanding, maybe tat uncle thought u young gal must be waiting for young bf or something.. "no offence" younger generation now dun really spare thoughts for elderly cos elderly r the ones who spare too much thoughts for the young, which have culture them to be "selfish" "self-centre"..

Just my 2cents worth... for those young peeps.. seriously.. no offence.. it's not all of u... at least TS u r not.. :)

Neutral Newbie

Aiya TS, U r not at fault la.. Just so happen that the area got alot of old folks.. My situation pretty similar, if im gonna bring my grandpa/ma out, i'll drive and park at handicapped lotl but ill make sure im always near the car in case, some holy nothing better else to do ppl will kpkb or someone who really need the lot. I'll get down, open my boot, adjust the seat...

something like action action to show the kaypo public tat I have a wheelchair-ed person coming. If i gonna come across this kinda ppl, maybe i'll just get down from my car, approach them, tell them real nicely tat my ah ma or ah gong coming down. will they take long to unload their passenger? if not then, I'll drive out of the lot first, give way to other, there might be a day that u might need others to give way to u.

Dun be so bother by it, others might not know who r u waiting for, they might misunderstand.. Generation gap and difference mind set will cos some misunderstanding, maybe tat uncle thought u young gal must be waiting for young bf or something.. "no offence" younger generation now dun really spare thoughts for elderly cos elderly r the ones who spare too much thoughts for the young, which have culture them to be "selfish" "self-centre"..

Just my 2cents worth... for those young peeps.. seriously.. no offence.. it's not all of u... at least TS u r not.. :)

geez... thks for consoling me.... :)

plus thanks alot for your tips too! :)

Supercharged
(edited)

Some people only dare to stare stare but dont dare to approach to clarify. So you can safely ignore these people. If you ferry ur grans real often maybe you wanna apply for the orange label. More info at this link

Edited by Xers007

Neutral Newbie

Some people only dare to stare stare but dont dare to approach to clarify. So you can safely ignore these people. If you ferry ur grans real often maybe you wanna apply for the orange label. More info at this link

thks for the link!

And a BIG thanks to everyone who gave advices and tips... really appreciate it! Thank you!!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, need some help here. Where or which authority should I inform if I found out those people with the blue or yellow labels abusing the disabled parking lots? Example, vehicle with blue label but owner is an able person and work as a heavy vehicle driver. Park vehicle in disabled every single day and only go out when he drives or his kids drive. Even wash his car in disabled lot. Second is a yellow label vehicle parking in the disabled lot for hours and overnight everyday. Sometimes he go overseas then will park for days. Driver is an able young man. Best! got deck 1A or 1B normal parking lot he will park if not he will flash out his yellow label and park in the disabled lot overnight.

Why I want to complain, 1st jealous caused they always get to park at deck 1A and 1B. 2nd angry caused I have seen twice that real disabled drivers can't get a disabled lot in this carpark. Once there was this disabled man about to drive off but due to his condition, it took him longer to move off, then this yellow label vehicle owner keeps staring at him impatiently as he wait for the lot.

I called HDB twice but till now(almost a year) still nothing is done. Ask the parking attendant she say call HDB.

You can say I nothing better to do but I really think that these people should be more considerate and not only for their own convenience.

Quite a number my neighbours are complaining about it too but I don't know whether they have feedback to any authorities or not.

hah park HDB overnight can?

i park in my own hdb for 2-3 hours tio $70+ summon already (yellow sticker for me)

go and report if yellow sticker in hdb for more than an hour or overnight

if blue sticker driver fit that one bo pian report also no use

Remember the car with label sticker deserve the handicap lot but not for the driver/passenger disabilities

Even if ur leg broken/ ferrying ur disabled elder, if u dont have the label, u wont deserve the lot.

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement