Usage of disabled/handicapped parking space/lot

Bloodymiko

lots of news abt teksie these few days hor @spring

you better drive carefully :grin:  :grin:

He is a [scholar]  banker not a [drivingcar] teksie driver, you played tennis with him before and you :a-no:  forgot his profession 

You'd mistaken him with another shock absorber "Spring"    [dizzy]

Edited by 2BDriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Oh my apologies about the 2nd part.

Still, the carpark management has acted and the taxi driver has apologised and has been punished right? What more can be done? Jail sentence or death penalty?

Just curious .... are you the taxii driver ?

He has apologised and paid to release the clamp .... technically case closed.

The issue now is whether the authority wants to do more to help the handicaps.

Fact is , if the taxi driver has been more considerate .... we would not be having the discussion.

Just curious .... are you the taxii driver ?

He has apologised and paid to release the clamp .... technically case closed.

The issue now is whether the authority wants to do more to help the handicaps.

Fact is , if the taxi driver has been more considerate .... we would not be having the discussion.

Are you the handicapped?

Agreed if taxi driver did not park there, we won't be talking. But we don't know why he parked there in the first place. One sided story.

Edited by Weez911

Twincharged

What I dislike is a car with a handicap decal taking up a regular lot when there is a handicap lot available.

:a-aggressive:

What is wrong with that?

• Praise 1

What is wrong with that?

In Chinese proverb, well water won't offence river water  aka  井 水 不 犯 河 水    :D       [laugh]       :XD:

• Praise 1

What is wrong with that?

Something about what is legal and what is right, we seem to have a preference to practice the former.   

Something about the driver who holds up traffic in the first lane travelling at 90km/h while the car in front of him is 10 car lengths away.

Something about the taxi driver who stops just after a busy intersection  to pick up a passenger and causes an accident behind him but shrugs because he is justified to do so as he needs to earn a living.

Nothing is wrong with that. Absolutely nothing.

[laugh]

Edited by Mason016

What is wrong with that?

Yeah, should be nth wrong. The guy probably want to give other handicap users the lot.
  • Praise 1

What I dislike is a car with a handicap decal taking up a regular lot when there is a handicap lot available.

My mom is half paralysed due to a stroke 4 years ago and my dad has a handicap car park label, the orange one which allows him to park in handicapped lots for up to an hour.  But when he takes her to rehab and to the hospital, he always drops her off first with the maid and parks in a normal lot.  He says should leave handicap lots free and available as far as possible in case others need it more urgently.  

• Praise 14

Twincharged

Something about what is legal and what is right, we seem to have a preference to practice the former.   

Something about the driver who holds up traffic in the first lane travelling at 90km/h while the car in front of him is 10 car lengths away.

Something about the taxi driver who stops just after a busy intersection  to pick up a passenger and causes an accident behind him but shrugs because he is justified to do so as he needs to earn a living.

Nothing is wrong with that. Absolutely nothing.

[laugh]

Yup. In this case, what is legal and what is right is the same right? It is right that he leaves the handicap lot free for other people who need it more since he is also legally allowed to park in any other non-handicapped lot. There can be many reasons why a person with handicapped label doesn't need the lot for that day. Maybe he lent his car to relative/friend, someone fetched him there or maybe the handicapped lot was occupied when he arrived and he got no choice. Able bodied drivers can easily drive off and find any other lot to park but some handicapped drivers really need the extra space to get out and in of their cars.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

Yeah, should be nth wrong. The guy probably want to give other handicap users the lot.

Urm, no. He's a resident and the only one with the blue label.  The joke is the disabled lot is closer to his residence but will choose to park in the normal lots when they are empty and park in the disabled lot when all the normal lots are occupied.

Yup. In this case, what is legal and what is right is the same right? It is right that he leaves the handicap lot free for other people who need it more since he is also legally allowed to park in any other non-handicapped lot. There can be many reasons why a person with handicapped label doesn't need the lot for that day. Maybe he lent his car to relative/friend, someone fetched him there or maybe the handicapped lot was occupied when he arrived and he got no choice. Able bodied drivers can easily drive off and find any other lot to park but some handicapped drivers really need the extra space to get out and in of their cars.

Context in my post above. 

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

Urm, no. He's a resident and the only one with the blue label. The joke is the disabled lot is closer to his residence but will choose to park in the normal lots when they are empty and park in the disabled lot when all the normal lots are occupied.

Context in my post above.

Maybe he is a nice guy trying to leave the handicap lot for those who really need it, but he's not a saint that will wait till there is a normal lot to park since he have the rights to park at the handicap lot. Pang chance la. Haha.
  • Praise 1

Maybe he is a nice guy trying to leave the handicap lot for those who really need it, but he's not a saint that will wait till there is a normal lot to park since he have the rights to park at the handicap lot. Pang chance la. Haha.

I think so too! :a-happy:

What I dislike is a car with a handicap decal taking up a regular lot when there is a handicap lot available.

Must see what color, if orange one, park in normal lot is ok coz they can only take up 1hr of the handicapped lot, strictly speaking

Blue one belongs to handicapped lot, they can park as long as they like

• Praise 1

I agree      with the saying, live and let live.  Some time young people tend to be too harsh and quick to condemn others due to self righteousness, but don't realise themselves have ever did wrong under some circumstances.  But things in life is not just black and white, and also, it is human to err, divine to forgive.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Urm, no. He's a resident and the only one with the blue label.  The joke is the disabled lot is closer to his residence but will choose to park in the normal lots when they are empty and park in the disabled lot when all the normal lots are occupied

Thats a nice guy trying to leave the handicapped lot available for others who needs it more. What is wrong with that? He's being considerate. There could be visitors with handicapped labels who needs the lot more.

Are you the handicapped?

Agreed if taxi driver did not park there, we won't be talking. But we don't know why he parked there in the first place. One sided story.

Well if you have read my earlier post .... I have a close friend that happens to be a handicap ....

I see no point in relying to your post again.

One sided story or not .... Does not matter to me. For me the taxi driver should not parked in between the 2 cars .... Period.

I agree      with the saying, live and let live.  Some time young people tend to be too harsh and quick to condemn others due to self righteousness, but don't realise themselves have ever did wrong under some circumstances.  But things in life is not just black and white, and also, it is human to err, divine to forgive.

I concur with you bro, I have the same beliefs.

However, I find the forgiveness part very hard to practise. Working hard on it.

↡ Advertisement