ST Forum: Time For Three-Quarter Tank Rule To Go

Vulcann

Reminds me of times when standing in queue behind the only urinal with an old man in using it......... dribbles, shakes, dribbles,shakes and dribbles again....

nakedurinal.jpg

Come on, saving that couple of dollars to make that kind of weekly or daily pilgrimmage up north to pump....the person will need to seriously re-evaluate if he should save more tax and petrol money by taking our world class public transport...

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Reminds me of times when standing in queue behind the only urinal with an old man in using it......... dribbles, shakes, dribbles,shakes and dribbles again....

nakedurinal.jpg

Come on, saving that couple of dollars to make that kind of weekly or daily pilgrimmage up north to pump....the person will need to seriously re-evaluate if he should save more tax and petrol money by taking our world class public transport...

totally agree bro! it only takes 1 incident over there to lose all...and more...

penny wise pound foolish

When your nozzle clicked, it isn't really full yet, because there is air in the fuel tank that prevents the petrol from going in.

Eventually air will be pushed out and now the space for air is smaller, you can start squeezing the nozzle again and the same repeats. Some people do that by shaking the car for the air to be dispersed out

Though the tank itself is full, you can still squeeze in more petrol as the pipe to the tank can hold some extra petrol.

happily squeeze but make sure your car does not have charcoal filter cannister.

That piece is about 150 to 250. 

Once that is habis. And you continue to drive because nothing bad happen, next will be your cat converter. 

By then its a very expensive bill for that rock and roll of pumping fuel.

I usually self pump & maintain 1/2 lever pressure so as to reduce losses from evaporation and so that as the 'click' doesn't occur prematurely.  But I stop at 1st click.  Coz a little space is needed to accommodate expansion.

SPC lately advertises that they are the 1st to have certain stage 2 Vapor Reduction  .....not sure how that works.  Does it suck up the evaporated petrol & re-drip it into our tank?

• Praise 3

https://www3.epa.gov/region1/airquality/gas.html

Gasoline dispensing pump vapor control devices, commonly referred to as Stage II Vapor Recovery Control, are systems that control volatile organic compound (VOC) vapor releases during the refueling of motor vehicles. This process takes the vapors normally emitted directly into the atmosphere when pumping gas and recycles them back into the fuel storage tanks, preventing them from polluting the air. The Stage II system controls the release of VOC, benzene and toxics emitted from gasoline.

The storage tank is the pump station's storage tank i suppose. :(

Some ppl prefer this way ... I can only say to each his own ....

Reminds me of one of my current staff ... drives a car, but don't want to park in office cos don't want to pay the monthly subsidized parking ...

So, every morning, he will park at some secluded spot and then walk abt 15-20mins to office .. coming in, all drenched in sweat ...

I see liao also nothing to say ... :blink:

Some ppl prefer this way ... I can only say to each his own ....

Reminds me of one of my current staff ... drives a car, but don't want to park in office cos don't want to pay the monthly subsidized parking ...

So, every morning, he will park at some secluded spot and then walk abt 15-20mins to office .. coming in, all drenched in sweat ...

I see liao also nothing to say ... :blink:

i used to know someone even more extreme.

found an illegal parking spot near office. He monitored number of times police come around to issue summon

finally decided to park there for a month cos the fine is less than season parking... i blur sia.. won't he kanna court summon if keep getting fined at the same spot??

• Praise 1

Twincharged

found an illegal parking spot near office. He monitored number of times police come around to issue summon

finally decided to park there for a month cos the fine is less than season parking... i blur sia.. won't he kanna court summon if keep getting fined at the same spot??

I don't think will get court summon unless he don't pay the fines. If he pay on time then he'll just keep getting the normal summon.

How to monitor when the police comes along?

Wahhhh...u sound like me donkey years ago.

I always squeeze 10-12l extra for my lancer 1.6 cvt with tank cap 50 litrs

The longest I manage to chiong on one full tank is 799km!!!!

I practically roll into the petol kiosk for topup with vapour petrol left in the tank....hahahahaha.

Now I dont even think abt jbee anymore. The last visit was like 2 years ago.....lolll.

For most cars , you can squeeze another 10-12 litres in after the click . If you employ extreme methods ( humping the car , propping one end of the car up with a small ramp ) , you can possibly squeeze in 15-18 litres

Edited by Hiphiphoray

The queuing, toll, weekly time wasted/risk taking just does not make sense.

If it really comes to that, might as well be a sole proprietor.

• Praise 3

How to monitor when the police comes along?

i don't know. anyway he said he kanna fine twice a month, so still more worth it than buying season nearby  :mellow:

• Praise 1

happily squeeze but make sure your car does not have charcoal filter cannister.

That piece is about 150 to 250. 

What car has CHARCOAL filter for fuel?

Some have charcoal cabin air filters.... but for fuel?

• Praise 1

Wahhhh...u sound like me donkey years ago.

I always squeeze 10-12l extra for my lancer 1.6 cvt with tank cap 50 litrs

The longest I manage to chiong on one full tank is 799km!!!!

I practically roll into the petol kiosk for topup with vapour petrol left in the tank....hahahahaha.

Now I dont even think abt jbee anymore. The last visit was like 2 years ago.....lolll.

Nah , I don't patronise JB for petrol exclusively since the early 2009. The traffic jams, security , and overall increase in price for other activities within JB means I do it when it is on the way back after visiting relatives .

Not worth the time and effort . Esso DBS card for 17% off . That good enough for me 

What car has CHARCOAL filter for fuel?

Some have charcoal cabin air filters.... but

There is a charcoal filter for fuel too , but its for escaping petrol fumes so it does not pollute the air . Pain in the ass if you ask me . I got frequent check engine lights for that when I was driving the GTI. ripped it off in the end

Nah , I don't patronise JB for petrol exclusively since the early 2009. The traffic jams, security , and overall increase in price for other activities within JB means I do it when it is on the way back after visiting relatives .

Not worth the time and effort . Esso DBS card for 17% off . That good enough for me 

There is a charcoal filter for fuel too , but its for escaping petrol fumes so it does not pollute the air . Pain in the ass if you ask me . I got frequent check engine lights for that when I was driving the GTI. ripped it off in the end

I don't even bother to drive in, either tongpang or if visiting relatives, take the pirate taxis.

Especially when the new VEP is to be implemented, you won't know if the M'sian side will hire debt collectors to come hang pig head at your doorstep when you register your address with them.

• Praise 2

Fuel tank is 70 litres.

Am equally puzzled how the tank can accommodate 48 litres with the fuel gauge needle pointing at a mark above half tank.

what i heard but i dont really know is that that fuel tank or maybe sensor is designed like a funnel.

so the first one quarter on your fuel meter actually means your tank is half full of fuel. something like that. i do believe this because i notice from full tank to one quarter tank I can drive a lot but from then on the fuel meter seems to drop faster.

this I notice when i pump to the first click in singapore. when i pump in jb it is not accurate because i pump to the brim so one quarter tank is not exactly one quarter.

I don't even bother to drive in, either tongpang or if visiting relatives, take the pirate taxis.

Especially when the new VEP is to be implemented, you won't know if the M'sian side will hire debt collectors to come hang pig head at your doorstep when you register your address with them.

sometimes no choice la. Visit once a fortnight and its a " bird no lay eggs " area

Depends on yr car make and model. I filled in 48 litres for my Passat, with fuel gauge needle pointing at One mark above the half tank mark.

But that requires patience. Fuel pump cut off at 33 litres. Took me another 15 mins to slowly squeeze in another 15+ litres. But I do this only in the Wee hours when there is no queue behind.

218km and fuel gauge needle still pointing at Full.

post-27974-0-10769300-1471371048_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement