49 heavy vehicle drivers nabbed for speeding, other offences

Nonewid

Neutral Newbie

Wah, just this morning i saw one of these lorries on PIE zooming arnd.. easily 90km/h.

And yes, it use the left lane.... to overtake.

<_<

SINGAPORE : Traffic Police carried out a five-hour speed enforcement operation on Thursday morning at Tuas.

Forty-nine drivers of heavy vehicles were booked for speeding and other offences like failing to keep left.

The highest speed recorded was 91 kilometres per hour, above the legal vehicle speed limit of 60 kilometres per hour.

Police said they will not let up on road safety.

They have warned all motorists to abide by road speed limits.

Last year, 4,000 summonses were issued to heavy vehicle drivers for a multitude of offences.

This figure is up from the 3,500 summonses issued in 2010.

↡ Advertisement

Fail to keep left is still consider as an offence ma? it's like no longer an active one as every day u will see vans, lorries, trucks etc speeding away on lane 2, tailgating private car somemore.. haha..

Hope they clamp down more on it.

i do drive the company lorry out occasionally, high speeds when there are other cars around is a no no.

their braking distance is further then other normal cars.

I believe that heavy vehicles are limited to 55kmh...if they can cheong up to 90kmh...then they would have to answer to LTA as well...

This morning...i was doing 80kmh and a bus was pulling away from me...if they wanna catch...West Coast H'way every morning also got plenty to book....better ask them to bring extra memory card for their digital cam....hahahahahaha

I believe that heavy vehicles are limited to 55kmh...if they can cheong up to 90kmh...then they would have to answer to LTA as well...

This morning...i was doing 80kmh and a bus was pulling away from me...if they wanna catch...West Coast H'way every morning also got plenty to book....better ask them to bring extra memory card for their digital cam....hahahahahaha

Fail to keep left is still consider as an offence ma? it's like no longer an active one as every day u will see vans, lorries, trucks etc speeding away on lane 2, tailgating private car somemore.. haha..

Agree those lorry are playing like it their grandpa road.

Supersonic

It's happening everywhere and everyday. Was driving along PIE towards Changi yesterday at about 4.30 pm. First lane, heavy vehicles. Second lane, a long line of about 8-10 medium/light goods vehicles, lorries, vans etc. Cars limited to only the right lane.

Supercharged

Wah, just this morning i saw one of these lorries on PIE zooming arnd.. easily 90km/h.

And yes, it use the left lane.... to overtake.

<_<

SINGAPORE : Traffic Police carried out a five-hour speed enforcement operation on Thursday morning at Tuas.

Forty-nine drivers of heavy vehicles were booked for speeding and other offences like failing to keep left.

The highest speed recorded was 91 kilometres per hour, above the legal vehicle speed limit of 60 kilometres per hour.

Police said they will not let up on road safety.

They have warned all motorists to abide by road speed limits.

Last year, 4,000 summonses were issued to heavy vehicle drivers for a multitude of offences.

This figure is up from the 3,500 summonses issued in 2010.

only 49 in a morning? are you joking? think the authorities may be merely patronalising the public to show that they "are on the ball"... i see so many of these jokers every single time i drive on the road...

the deterrrence effect can only happen when we see these incidents as exceptions.. now, these are the norms on our roads ..

Neutral Newbie

Good one.. prolly also can link it to some system. if yellow light come on for more than 10seconds, LTA automatically notified.

:D

should fix back that yellow light on top of commercial vehicles

Way to go. Hope to see more TP on road. No need to catch those lorry, speeding car also must catch.

Why no need to catch speeding lorries?

should fix back that yellow light on top of commercial vehicles

dont la...mine also commercial vehicle...but the smallest one u can find :D