Problem with Domestic Maid - yr best advice please.

A_korusawa

Though very reluctant to get back into such domestic mess, that's the best I can do to lighten my wife's burden . . . . sigh

I have yet called your fren; still been travelling now.

Will give him a call soon (with your name).

But recent pay hike has made Indonesian on par with Phillipinos . . .

Thus, I'm still hesitating on the options

I'm not sure if your fren has good stringent examination on the biodata and 'scan' them well prior to recommendations on Phillipinos?

↡ Advertisement

many moons ago.....my maid ran off back to the agency after 2.5 months...I cancelled her permit the next day..

Concurrently, I wrote an email to the agency stated that the maid was with them during our tele-conversation(date and time) and

I have no responsibility whatsoever if anything happen to this maid.....C.C to MOM

Yes, the agency was very pissed off....but at least i can sleep peacefully

its many moons ago . . . its fortunate that there is NO police investigation that allows your cancellation of work permit - that was good for you

But did the agency:

- return you all the outstandings (since its 2.5mth) in salary, insurance . . . etc?

- charge you the maid's accomodation & meal when she was with them?

Of cos, you did the RIGHT thing swiftly!

But those agency fees that allow us to change maids . . . . its just gimmicks and of no benefit to us at all !!!

Seriously I don't understand why people can leave their still can't speak precious baby under the care of maid alone..

Is it becos if sent baby to infant care center, nobody help in house chores..

For the past 4 years I got a maid help up in house looking after 4 kids and house works too but under the supervise of my mum..

If I got no adult@ home, I will never leave my kids alone with the maid at home, simply becos the maid is not your anybody and they will ill treat your kids if she is been scolded by u or she not in good mood..

Too many cases had happened in our small shore but alot of people still think that,'no lah my maid will not be like that wan'

Normally people must wait till things happened on them than they realised they can be the victims too..

My advise, if u guys really need a maid so badly than sent your baby to infant care center than install a cctv@ home..

Seriously I don't understand why people can leave their still can't speak precious baby under the care of maid alone..

For the past 4 years I got a maid help up in house looking after 4 kids and house works too but under the supervise of my mum..

If I got no adult@ home, I will never leave my kids alone with the maid at home, simply becos the maid is not your anybody and they will ill treat your kids if she is been scolded by u or she not in good mood..

Too many cases had happened in our small shore but alot of people still think that,'no lah my maid will not be like that wan'

Normally people must wait till things happened on them than they realised they can be the victims too..

My advise, if u guys really need a maid so badly than sent your baby to infant care center than install a cctv@ home..

True, they are born and brought up from a very rural environment. My wife runs a agency, I've seen and heard a lot.

its many moons ago . . . its fortunate that there is NO police investigation that allows your cancellation of work permit - that was good for you

But did the agency:

- return you all the outstandings (since its 2.5mth) in salary, insurance . . . etc?

- charge you the maid's accomodation & meal when she was with them?

Of cos, you did the RIGHT thing swiftly!

But those agency fees that allow us to change maids . . . . its just gimmicks and of no benefit to us at all !!!

Police investigation???.....the contract binding did not specify that We (employer) are not allow to do that....

Only the Insurance we can get back.

The agency is always in the advantage position....All $$ taken.

well what to do

some of our parents are still working to support themselves even in their twillight years

some of our parents give the 'what, finally i can taste my freedom after many years taking care of you now you want me to relive those suffering by taking care of you kid?..LOL'

btw

any affordable hidden cctv that u can recommend

thks

Police investigation???.....the contract binding did not specify that We (employer) are not allow to do that....

Only the Insurance we can get back.

The agency is always in the advantage position....All $$ taken.

thats one of the reason i look for agency offering post dated cheque payment

i'm not happy with their service, i just cancel my post dated cheque

but now most of them smart

they scrap the post dated cheque preferring you to pay up front up to $3k

once they got your money then anything between you and the maid is your problem not theirs

of course there are agencies who do help you even though you have paid up but very rare

well what to do

some of our parents are still working to support themselves even in their twillight years

some of our parents give the 'what, finally i can taste my freedom after many years taking care of you now you want me to relive those suffering by taking care of you kid?..LOL'

btw

any affordable hidden cctv that u can recommend

thks

Some granny want kids but some want freedom (me myself want freedom, maybe too early to say)

1 of my staff don't want help look after her daughter child so ended up the mother look after her full time, she too had a bad experience with maid so she take no chances again.

Another option is infant care center..

As for cctv I don't know what to recommend cos I never use for house before..

Hi

Appreciate if you can share your experience, recommendation or advice should you have had this similar problem I'm facing now........

Hired a 9 yrs experienced Indonesia maid - paid more hoping she can help my wife........Maid arrived & complained not happy, wanna transfer on her 3rd day.

Called maid agency....... was told to hold on to her, no new Biodata available yet.

Waited & waited, while bearing with her bad, 'bochap' attitude towards us despite treating her like one of our family.... makans, short tour, outings etc. Of course, gotta bear with her mistakes made........ she spoiled 2 TVs by wiping with wet cloth, choked toilet pipe & many others. Despite lecturing her, she continued her 'bochap' attitude.

On the 4th week, she ran away (w/o our knowledge) to the agency & accused that my wife slapped her. Last I heard from maid agency that police report was made by them & she is now under investigation. I guess she's now either in the Home or agency's lodge. Obviously, agency is not helping us at all, for all this matter! We (me & wife) are concerned but not worry in proving our innocence. Yes, my wife chided her at times on her mistakes, but we do not lay hands on her! We lodged a police report for our perusal to further actions, if needed.

Called MOM, they adviced to speak with concerned IOfficer for permission to cancel WPermit. Called police, they dunno if any abovementioned report was made against us, just asked us to wait . . . Called maid agency, I summarized the answer: 'no disclosure until investigation ends'

Now, what can we do besides waiting........ WPermit is still under my name, I'm still liable for her & I'm sure there will be $$$ charged onto me during this 'investigation period'.

Your Best Advice Please. . . . .

The more experiences they got so as the tricks, so I will only take in GREEN HORN to train but when they started to have OFF DAY., That's where they learn the tricks from each others. All sort of maids I got, ran out during mid night as hookers and back early at 5 am. refuse to work and cut just the chicken drumstick to eat.... all ganna from me upside down......

(edited)

The more experiences they got so as the tricks, so I will only take in GREEN HORN to train but when they started to have OFF DAY., That's where they learn the tricks from each others. All sort of maids I got, ran out during mid night as hookers and back early at 5 am. refuse to work and cut just the chicken drumstick to eat.... all ganna from me upside down......

from this lesson learnt, the criticality of FDW service lies on the maid agency!!!

if the maid agency is good, they will know what the right things to do

but if they are all out to make $ regardless right or wrong, then all these 'patterns' will continue and grow!

in my case, the bloody agency - JAVAMAID EMPLOYMENT could have arranged to speak with me prior to police straightaway

its obvious the agency have ''plans'' for the maid for:

- another commissions from the maid & new employers

- able to have free labor while charging ex-employer on food & accomodation

- no more liability with the ex-employer

dun expect MOM, or any garmen bodies to help, they are just performing mickeymouse act!

its very true, once they are out, they will bring back all the bad habits no matter how well they are treated prior to that.

sigh . . . .

Edited by A_korusawa

from this lesson learnt, the criticality of FDW service lies on the maid agency!!!

if the maid agency is good, they will know what the right things to do

but if they are all out to make $ regardless right or wrong, then all these 'patterns' will continue and grow!

in my case, the bloody agency - JAVAMAID EMPLOYMENT could have arranged to speak with me prior to police straightaway

its obvious the agency have ''plans'' for the maid for:

- another commissions from the maid & new employers

- able to have free labor while charging ex-employer on food & accomodation

- no more liability with the ex-employer

dun expect MOM, or any garmen bodies to help, they are just performing mickeymouse act!

its very true, once they are out, they will bring back all the bad habits no matter how well they are treated prior to that.

sigh . . . .

We just need to be alert and keep track of what they do and also mobile numbers in small pcs of paper push by those looking for free s..... We need to protect our family so need to be very alert.

Turbocharged

Folks, thinking of getting a maid for my family.

Have heard of horror stories that the home would be turned topsy-turvy if the wrong one is chosen and agents are no guarantees either.

My wife know of a suitable person from Indonesia and would like to invite her to work as our maid. Is it possible to do the paper works ourselves without going through the agents (we know they charge exorbitant fees!).

Any advice on the proper procedures would be greatly appreciated.

its act not tat exhorbitant these days but pay peanuts get monkeys so avoid those $100, $200 type of gimmicky agency fees. go for long standing agencies if there r no personal referrals to those small time ones.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i just got my 5th helper. agency fee one of the more expensive ones, but it is worth it

finally someone who can really help around the house without having to worry if she would accidentally kill herself or kill my family due to whatever possible reasons

i just pray that my current helper will finish her 2 year contract without major headaches for us..

Turbocharged

I heard the maid needs to pay the agent a few months' of her salary to come here to work.

My wife knows of a suitable candidate from Indonesia and we are thinking of helping the maid save her payments to the agent by doing the paper works ourselves, without engaging an agent.

Is the procedure complicated?

We re-hired our previous maid of 7yrs. We engaged an agency to bring her in. Although she do not need to go through the standard lessons from MOM, still, many paper works need to be applied through agency.

One way to save cost is that we paid for her air ticket and lodging in Singapore when she arrives. The agency only helps to apply for work permit, insurance and medical review. They charge $588 for it. I was told rightfully agency will also charge the helper around $750 for finding an employer.

You can just pop into any agency and ask for advise. If you have someone in mind, that will saves you most of the headache liao.

I heard the maid needs to pay the agent a few months' of her salary to come here to work.

My wife knows of a suitable candidate from Indonesia and we are thinking of helping the maid save her payments to the agent by doing the paper works ourselves, without engaging an agent.

Is the procedure complicated?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Thank you for the suggestion, appreciate your advice.

We re-hired our previous maid of 7yrs. We engaged an agency to bring her in. Although she do not need to go through the standard lessons from MOM, still, many paper works need to be applied through agency.

One way to save cost is that we paid for her air ticket and lodging in Singapore when she arrives. The agency only helps to apply for work permit, insurance and medical review. They charge $588 for it. I was told rightfully agency will also charge the helper around $750 for finding an employer.

You can just pop into any agency and ask for advise. If you have someone in mind, that will saves you most of the headache liao.

Edited by Albeniz

Hi.. what was the final concluson?? I heard once police case is made.. sometime employers is also banned from taking any helper...

I am in similar state now... please advise

↡ Advertisement