Problem with Domestic Maid - yr best advice please.

A_korusawa

Hi.. what was the final concluson?? I heard once police case is made.. sometime employers is also banned from taking any helper...

I am in similar state now... please advise

For seasoned employers here to give some advice, you may share what actually happened.
  • Praise 2

Hi.. what was the final concluson?? I heard once police case is made.. sometime employers is also banned from taking any helper...

I am in similar state now... please advise

Police case - but what happened exactly?? nowadays maids are no angels anymore - I changed 2 maids last year , so took 3rd one and MOM sent me letter saying frequent changing is not advisable ( can't remember the exact contents though) ....... go overseas got problems.... give weekends off .... got problems ..... the minute we go out all the mobile phone thing starts and it all starts and they are on phones till midnight and morning at wake up at 7am .... got got long face

It's always problem with welfare and communication. Do ppl here treat maids like slaves or employees? The welfare that you get at work vs the welfare that your maid gets working for you. It's more or less the maid is treated as a slave. How can she happy working for you? Confirm not happy. Duh.

I have seen my wife's friend work the maid until she blacked out twice and sent to the hospital. I don't even bother to ask what happened. As in I'm not going to judge as I take it she has not idea how to take care of the maid's welfare. Before the 3rd time happen the maid say she packing up to go home.

Problem with employers here is like new to having a pet. Forget to feed the pet and give her water. You ask yourself the way you treat your maid, you yourself can tahan or not? The hours of non-stop work she put into per day.

Still need to ask what happen. I think no need bah. If ppl feel mistreated by the employer of course the next thing to do is to make a police report. A party who is not biased like the maid agent. It's ownself pwn ownself. Better keep it to yourself.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I have maids for more than 20 years when the kids were young and later aging parents. I am now 'free' from maids since my children were all grown up and parents have passed away. In the 20 years, most were good maids both from Philippines and Indonesia.

However, if you ask me, I would prefer no maid if I could. That is why I say 'free' from maid. In situation where you really need someone then maid is the option. Where you can juggle and manage it, my advice is no maid. Infant car is the better option.

• Praise 2

the legal system is cwrtainly bias toeards the maid's situation once a report had been made. And again probably for good reason. If the rule is that once a report is made, the employer cannot hire a new maid until case close, I think it is a fair rule although it may cause hardship in certain cases.

Imagine if one day someone molest or torture a maid while a police case is pending against the employer, what will people be saying? What will xin Min or edmw be saying

the legal system is cwrtainly bias toeards the maid's situation once a report had been made. And again probably for good reason. If the rule is that once a report is made, the employer cannot hire a new maid until case close, I think it is a fair rule although it may cause hardship in certain cases.

Imagine if one day someone molest or torture a maid while a police case is pending against the employer, what will people be saying? What will xin Min or edmw be saying

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

......... all t and c not in favour of employers. Agency should give replacement in such short period like 3 - 6 months but still need to spend on insurance and paperwork. Should have some refund on such short period from insurance.

• Praise 2

......... all t and c not in favour of employers. Agency should give replacement in such short period like 3 - 6 months but still need to spend on insurance and paperwork. Should have some refund on such short period from insurance.

replacement free Yes... but all the other doc charges ... still we kenna pay like Mom online $30/- medical - $100  WP card -$30 and Insurance again $275 plus some crappy misc/transport fees... another 70/- ... end up losing about $500/- (not forgetting I paid ticket to send another maid back during peak school holiday season.. another $400) and Agency still had the cheek/audacity to ask me to pay for the taxi fare of the maid back to Airport from their house........

and best part later my wife said the maid is back in Singapore 5 months later (she said she saw facebook posting)......    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

replacement free Yes... but all the other doc charges ... still we kenna pay like Mom online $30/- medical - $100  WP card -$30 and Insurance again $275 plus some crappy misc/transport fees... another 70/- ... end up losing about $500/- (not forgetting I paid ticket to send another maid back during peak school holiday season.. another $400) and Agency still had the cheek/audacity to ask me to pay for the taxi fare of the maid back to Airport from their house........

and best part later my wife said the maid is back in Singapore 5 months later (she said she saw facebook posting)......    

Wa..This agency sucks big time. Please share the name.

Sigh...I just signed for a Myanmar helper last evening. Praying hard...

I recommend to have an "Enlightened" attitude to employing maids

have gone through it - pregnant, borrow money, homesick etc

but at the end - you are blessed that you can afford to pay money for someone from a poorer country to do the harder work for you at home.

as much as many maids give problems , they are still human beings who are daughters, parents, sisters to others

so take it in your stride and treat them with some empathy , as you would want your daughter to be treated at her workplace 

• Praise 1

Wa..This agency sucks big time. Please share the name.

Sigh...I just signed for a Myanmar helper last evening. Praying hard...

Wont name here but is in Tg Pagar HDB shop on second floor  

check the devil fine print

Insurance ... how many months can still get back , certain %

Replacement fees ( hidden costs) is it like really $0/- ??? then who pays for the MOM fees; medical; New Insurance....etc

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

if can no maid. i have maid for more than 20 years. there are good and average ones.

some are here for their family. it is those who are not that spoiled the market. try out other resouces first. 

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Firstly, maid dont want to work for you. She is not stupid. All these are tricks and intended acts from maids to purposely make mistakes and make employer angry and sent them back. But you managed to hold on for 6 weeks, before she draw her last option and run away.

At this juncture, you should cancel her WP to stop being her legal sponsor after her run away.

For me it will only be Pinoy because of communication.

2nd maid within 10 years

Current maid employed directly through recommendations from relative's maid.

So she dont have to paid high agency fees, this makes her really happy.

There are some papers works and trips to embassy, airport, safety training, insurance, and medical check up. But not too difficult.

Now my maid is even happier, I allow her free internet access, tablet and smartphone.

siao ah. u spoil market by letting maid have internet. tablet. later she go spread story.....every maid in sg will want that. because of this maid are all spoilt today
↡ Advertisement