Problem with Domestic Maid - yr best advice please.

A_korusawa

siao ah. u spoil market by letting maid have internet. tablet. later she go spread story.....every maid in sg will want that. because of this maid are all spoilt today

Maybe he gave her a pay cut for those perks?
↡ Advertisement

siao ah. u spoil market by letting maid have internet. tablet. later she go spread story.....every maid in sg will want that. because of this maid are all spoilt today

It's just internet leh.

Who the heck cares if she surfs the net as long as she gets the job done.

It's just internet leh.

Who the heck cares if she surfs the net as long as she gets the job done.

Unfortunately the first impinges on the quality and quantity of the second.

You are hiring a human or a slave?

9:30 am now... hope you ain't surfing from work  [sweatdrop]

You are hiring a human or a slave?

9:30 am now... hope you ain't surfing from work  [sweatdrop]

We hire a human who agrees to the rules before she is hired, as we all do in our jobs, but then she continually breaks them.

We've had maids/helpers for 15 years and the standard of them has dropped off with every one.

I gave my helper access to wifi as well. She surfs the net, finds good recipes and replicates lots of nice dishes for the family. Always trying to cook new dishes. Good what!

• Praise 1

I gave my helper access to wifi as well. She surfs the net, finds good recipes and replicates lots of nice dishes for the family. Always trying to cook new dishes. Good what!

Ya lo, heard some employer even allow they maid to use their car so that the maid can help in driving around their family members. Lol.

We hire a human who agrees to the rules before she is hired, as we all do in our jobs, but then she continually breaks them.

We've had maids/helpers for 15 years and the standard of them has dropped off with every one.

Agree with you; might I say that I have had maids for over 30 years now; yes they might have improved in certain fields of techonology only ; from

sending air mail letters and Bank Drafts and no off days wake up at 6am  and sleep by 9-10 pm (but we still bring her out on weekends for makan/ shopping as kids were small) 

to

calling cards and Bank Drafts and no off days; wake up at 6am and sleep by 9-10pm (but we still bring her out on weekends for makan/shopping as kids were small) 

to

basic mobile phones and TT's and off days (once a month) wake up at 6.30 am and sleep at 9-10pm (only bring her out for makan once a month) 

to

smart phones and still TT's and off days (twice a month) wake up at 7.00 am and supposed to sleep at 9pm but up till 11pm to midnight can still see her room light is on

to now some are even asking every weekend off and still come back tired and not even refreshed and we all know whom was vocal in getting them to get the off's other than our Selected  P............. 

I stopped giving wifi ; last maid I had was "hooked" on to it;

Employers get screwed always (during interview everything can; suddenly they will just go to embassy and we are screwed and bear all the losses for repartriation)

of course there are a Ugly employers too which are highlighted more than Ugly Employee   

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Ya lo, heard some employer even allow they maid to use their car so that the maid can help in driving around their family members. Lol.

My maid got no driving license, too bad. But I bought her a bicycle so that it’s easier for her marketing and supermarket runs. Offered to get her an e scooter but she don’t want

your helper is special case la
  • Praise 1

You are indeed lucky; mine will be chatting only the whole night and she is like the UN representative here  to all her relatives.... everyday she is trying only to settle disputes; In the morning next day she is like so stressed out with all her outside problems

I know of someone in my neighbourhood, Indonesian maid has been with them for over 20 years..... hats off to them and her... mine the max anyone worked continously is 7 years (of course she took her  home leave every 2 years and came back ) ; but last few years quite teruk ; they hardly work for 1 year want to balik kampung already...... dont know what really is going on       

• Praise 2

Your maid is really talented.

My maid got no driving license, too bad. But I bought her a bicycle so that it’s easier for her marketing and supermarket runs. Offered to get her an e scooter but she don’t want

You can send her for driving lesson. Lol.

I gave my helper wifi access too, so that she can talk to her family in the Philippines via internet call and or Facetime but I restrict wifi access to between 8 to 11 pm daily and all day on Sunday (via router setting). Giving 24/7 access does affect productivity, to be fair.  By restricting free access to certain hours, it keeps her off her mobile (not 100%) during the day as well.  It is a win-win.

• Praise 2

Got quite a number of CNY recipes for goodies might wanna get her to bake ;) Save money...

This is another problem with domestic helper. I wonder if such tragedies can be avoided if employer are more observant and sensitive to the maid's condition.

Murder conviction for maid accused of stabbing employer almost 100 times set aside

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/murder-conviction-maid-employer-telok-kurau-set-aside-13130262

telok-kurau-murder---2853252.png

Edited by Didu
↡ Advertisement