How to get rid of paint smell inside the car

Joemit7850

my car use to smell of new leather smell even through after 2 yrs driving until recently a can of paint pour into my passenger seat carpet ,

now the paint smell still stay even after i change the whole carpet, what can i do?

[:(]

↡ Advertisement

Open up all doors and windows, let it ventilate for a few hours.

it will probably take a cycles to completely remove all smell.

Check also aircon filter, if its contaminated with paint smell. clean or replace it. I will most probably, drive without aircon and windows down for a few days, to help clean up smell.

Open up all doors and windows, let it ventilate for a few hours.

it will probably take a cycles to completely remove all smell.

Check also aircon filter, if its contaminated with paint smell. clean or replace it. I will most probably, drive without aircon and windows down for a few days, to help clean up smell.

thank guy, will try

I use Coffee powder. ^_^

Fresher better, not those 3 in 1 kind, mind ants.

Place on an open container inside the car and leave it overnight or more till unwanted smell disappear.

Works on any kind of smell. The car will smell coffee for a while after coffee removed.

Afterwards should be no more smell.

(edited)

The vapor most likely stuck in the air con filter, And anythings that is porous like the headboard and floor liners, etc.

The best is to spray the soft porous parts with Lysol disinfectant. Change the air con filter, replace it with those activated carbon type. If don't have, then just put a packet of activated carbon on top of the air con filter. Can get from Daiso.

Next, find two days of solid hot sun, maybe top of the MSCP, and let the hot sun bake the interiors, open the door to allow the UV from the sun to bake and kill off the odour on the floor liner and seats.

Shift the car if necessary often.

Then there is the professional Nano interior cleaning services from few workshops that can freshen up the car.

The weekly market fishy smell in my boot also lingers a few days. I just open the boot and let the hot sun do the job.

Edited by SimonTan

Smell is actually vapour. Even after drying there would still be some residual volative compunds still left.

Put the car under the hot sun with the windows slightly open.