JB Crimewatch

Zxcvb

Same as what I saw when I took coach. Those on the CW bus or blue bus(workers) ran to the immigration one. :o  While we just stroll to the immigration. [laugh]

These people hope to catch the connecting​ bus after clearing immigration. If they miss the connecting bus, they may need to wait for the next bus, subject to traffic conditions.

Some of the CW buses after alighting passengers at the Malaysian CIQ, will loop back​ to Singapore. Other CW buses will cover the Malaysian loop, and do not enter Singapore (maybe driver or vehicle do not have the necessary permits).

Just like you, we prefer to stroll leisurely in immigration areas. Do not wish to raise undue suspicion on our profile.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Speeding fine where?

Car park safe safe where?

Try parking the A6 anywhere on the list, most likely gone.

Tucson is a fave, most likely gone too. S'more with SG plate.

Try the Bezza. Safe bet.

[bigcry]

Then between a new Tucson, and an old 06 Wish, which one safer?

tts good. even my own family members i will tell them to stop being a bird by going cheeeap cheeap in msia. makes ppl turn off lol. citysq confirm is.hotspot. alot ppl i noe kena at city sq area, ah fook gai. as long as jb sentral.i try.to.avoid aft 10pm. haha.

from what i know, bmw merc toyota honda and local brands are hot fav. othere not so much.

wah lao... city square when you said kena, is what happened to them? Car got broken into? 

With my family in tow, confirm won't stay late. Likely after dinner only will quickly run. Still not safe?

Aiyoh... my only other choice is an 11-yr-old Toyota Wish, besides the new Tucson. Which is better/worse?

as far as possible, park with the mass and dont park isolated.

park head in, follow the locals.

keep whatever valuable away and leave an empty car. 

dont kpkb and cheap cheap cheap. 

other than that is just keep alert lor. 

yup, bro. 

will definitely do these - tks.

just that wondering whether if drive new car in will be safe or not (despite doing all these)...

[bigcry]

wah lao... city square when you said kena, is what happened to them? Car got broken into?

With my family in tow, confirm won't stay late. Likely after dinner only will quickly run. Still not safe?

Aiyoh... my only other choice is an 11-yr-old Toyota Wish, besides the new Tucson. Which is better/worse?

yup, bro.

just that wondering whether if drive new car in will be safe or not (despite doing all these)...

if its me, i will use tuscon. wish have alot in.msia and sg cars have relatively low mileage so parts are still def be able to sell. if im a car thief, ill aim for wish. tuscon take more time to let go.and low.price. its all supply and demand.le. i can get a 335 coupe for 15k rm... so tuscon really hard to let go. dont worry so much. jb is not as bad as it sounds... just be alert. dont be a victim of crime. if u really need any help in jb u can pm me for my nunber. the other day my.fren fren car kena tow by mpjb as they mistaken it for aeroplane car.. help in get.back in two hours. lol.

[bigcry]

yup, bro.

if its me, i will use tuscon. wish have alot in.msia and sg cars have relatively low mileage so parts are still def be able to sell. if im a car thief, ill aim for wish. tuscon take more time to let go.and low.price. its all supply and demand.le. i can get a 335 coupe for 15k rm... so tuscon really hard to let go. dont worry so much. jb is not as bad as it sounds... just be alert. dont be a victim of crime. if u really need any help in jb u can pm me for my nunber. the other day my.fren fren car kena tow by mpjb as they mistaken it for aeroplane car.. help in get.back in two hours. lol.
  • Praise 1

city square like another Singapore shopping mall full of Singaporean, I see that place quite safe leh.

The safer parking in JB. Lots in front of lion hotel. No one dare to touch.

Tucson can be mistaken as aeroplane car as well.

Well...kudos to you willing to help fellow forummer in time of need. Thanks.,

• Praise 1

(edited)

[bigcry]

yup, bro.

Bro, end of the day is heng suay lah. Everyday thousands of sg cars enter MY, many just as new, i am sure some may get unlucky, but many came back in a pc. Thousands of new MY cars hit the road everyday too, i dont believe all get stolenl MY is not as bad as some of us think, but if really have to be thinking so much, i would suggest leave the tucson at home. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 3

The safer parking in JB. Lots in front of lion hotel. No one dare to touch.

Tucson can be mistaken as aeroplane car as well.

Well...kudos to you willing to help fellow forummer in time of need. Thanks.,

tuscon too new to be aeroplane car. my friend.civic is about 6 years. apparently someone cloned.his.plate.in msia.and.used.it on another.civic to go and do funny stuff. haha. if can help.i.will help. but best no need to.help. tis means no trouble and everything under the sky is peaceful.

got people standing on train one

Donno issit fake ticket people

Like this ON the train right not IN the train 1

Your England and my England different 1 you know

post-157298-0-07695000-1497076776.png

• Praise 5

Thanks, bro, in advance. Always good to know helpful people.

Bro, end of the day is heng suay lah. Everyday thousands of sg cars enter MY, many just as new, i am sure some may get unlucky, but many came back in a pc. Thousands of new MY cars hit the road everyday too, i dont believe all get stolenl MY is not as bad as some of us think, but if really have to be thinking so much, i would suggest leave the tucson at home. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Yup, i agree that the element of luck is a significant one.

OK lah, will be taking some risk by going in anyway, either way. 

Think will go ahead and drive the Tucson. Else, wasted...  [laugh]

tuscon too new to be aeroplane car. my friend.civic is about 6 years. apparently someone cloned.his.plate.in msia.and.used.it on another.civic to go and do funny stuff. haha. if can help.i.will help. but best no need to.help. tis means no trouble and everything under the sky is peaceful.

hi bro Obleveonn,

btw what is meant by aeroplane car? i noob...

hi bro Obleveonn,

btw what is meant by aeroplane car? i noob...

oh it means cars that are scrapped in sg alr and deem to be dereg are running.arnd in.msia illegally.

Like this ON the train right not IN the train 1

Your England and my England different 1 you know

No wonder my colleague in the office always say, Singaporean spoilt lot. Compliant for the sake of complaining and not grateful.

Back home the train system is much worst. But we are proud and thankful for a train system that is cheap and does the job.

In Singapore your train system late a bit, every one said as if its a sin.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I went to JB for 3 days last week, in my 1-mth old Tucson. Came back 2 days later kanna flu, and MC 2 days...

Anyway, glad to update that JB was quite safe for the places we went to. No issue at all.

But was almost undone by... of all people, the men in blue...

When coming out via Woodlands, i trusted the GPS, which kept asking me to keep right... and I found myself going into the bus lane!

Straightaway kanna stopped by a few polis who were gathered maybe 10-20 m away, and asked me to park by the side, and asked for my passport and license. I apologised and explained that the GPS guided me to the wrong lane and as i was not familiar with the road, had diligently followed the instruction/direction given by the GPS.

One of them had asked me to go further from the car to talk. On hindsight, it could have been to avoid having anyone video us talking.

And he explained that I went to bus lane, normal is to give summon and i have to go JB Polis Station to pay fine, then only can go back SG... It was already 10+pm, and I was 'sian-one-half' already, and asked him to give me a chance. After that, he asked me 'so, now, what you want?'...

I explained that it's the first time I'm using Woodlands checkpoint, and only 3rd time in 10 yr I've driven to JB, and again asked for a chance. After a few min, another guy (not sure more senior, or just more conversant with English) came over and repeated the whole thing, and eventually (about 10-15 min after i was first stopped) said can help me, saying that instead of the normal RM300 fine to be paid at JB police station, i can settle there. And asked me how much I want to pay, suggesting RM150...

I had guessed that's what they were driving at much earlier, but also remembered the advice of better not give them money as recently they have been targeting people who do so, and charging for corruption. But it was so late, and with my family in the car (and my passport and license in their hands), i was in a dilemma... 

At that point, I told him let me talk to my wife, and went back to the car. My wife also guessed that they were asking for $$, and was fed up with it actually happening to us... we didn't know whether it's ok to give, or better to go to the polis station, and she tried calling her brother to ask for advice. But signal was bad and the call was dropped a few times. 

Then, the polis actually called out to me from outside, and gave me back my passport and license, and then asked me to go, telling me to follow the buses coming in from SG to JB, and to go back out...

That was a relief, after that 10-15 min of agony, and I quickly thanked him, and then made a u-turn back out to turn back in front to the car lane...

For anyone driving back via woodlands but is not familiar with the road, please be careful. Don't trust the GPS all the time. When you're nearing the checkpoint, look out for obvious signs on top, where apart from the Malay words, there are also icons/drawings of the buses, cars, taxis, motorbikes, etc., and make sure you go to the right lane.

Hope this will be useful to unfamiliar drivers going to JB...

Edited by Atrecord
  • Praise 6

I went to JB for 3 days last week, in my 1-mth old Tucson. Came back 2 days later kanna flu, and MC 2 days...

Anyway, glad to update that JB was quite safe for the places we went to. No issue at all.

But was almost undone by... of all people, the men in blue...

When coming out via Woodlands, i trusted the GPS, which kept asking me to keep right... and I found myself going into the bus lane!

Straightaway kanna stopped by a few polis who were gathered maybe 10-20 m away, and asked me to park by the side, and asked for my passport and license. I apologised and explained that the GPS guided me to the wrong lane and as i was not familiar with the road, had diligently followed the instruction/direction given by the GPS.

One of them had asked me to go further from the car to talk. On hindsight, it could have been to avoid having anyone video us talking.

And he explained that I went to bus lane, normal is to give summon and i have to go JB Polis Station to pay fine, then only can go back SG... It was already 10+pm, and I was 'sian-one-half' already, and asked him to give me a chance. After that, he asked me 'so, now, what you want?'...

I explained that it's the first time I'm using Woodlands checkpoint, and only 3rd time in 10 yr I've driven to JB, and again asked for a chance. After a few min, another guy (not sure more senior, or just more conversant with English) came over and repeated the whole thing, and eventually (about 10-15 min after i was first stopped) said can help me, saying that instead of the normal RM300 fine to be paid at JB police station, i can settle there. And asked me how much I want to pay, suggesting RM150...

I had guessed that's what they were driving at much earlier, but also remembered the advice of better not give them money as recently they have been targeting people who do so, and charging for corruption. But it was so late, and with my family in the car (and my passport and license in their hands), i was in a dilemma...

At that point, I told him let me talk to my wife, and went back to the car. My wife also guessed that they were asking for $$, and was fed up with it actually happening to us... we didn't know whether it's ok to give, or better to go to the polis station, and she tried calling her brother to ask for advice. But signal was bad and the call was dropped a few times.

Then, the polis actually called out to me from outside, and gave me back my passport and license, and then asked me to go, telling me to follow the buses coming in from SG to JB, and to go back out...

That was a relief, after that 10-15 min of agony, and I quickly thanked him, and then made a u-turn back out to turn back in front to the car lane...

For anyone driving back via woodlands but is not familiar with the road, please be careful. Don't trust the GPS all the time. When you're nearing the checkpoint, look out for obvious signs on top, where apart from the Malay words, there are also icons/drawings of the buses, cars, taxis, motorbikes, etc., and make sure you go to the right lane.

Hope this will be useful to unfamiliar drivers going to JB...

Now really cannot go liao

Train full bus full car full everything full full

↡ Advertisement