Things keep getting moldy at home

Ruriimasu

Anyone can suggest? Seems like my home is rather damp.. Wooden furniture moldy, plactic, rubber, books, leather also moldy if never touch them for few months. I already threw away those moldy stuffs but new ones also got moldy. Getting real poor throwing away good stuffs. Anyone can suggest any solution? I alreadied tried charcoal, hungry hippo, moth ball, sunning, a/c (cant turn on all the time as I havent got a money printer yet).

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Anyone can suggest? Seems like my home is rather damp.. Wooden furniture moldy, plactic, rubber, books, leather also moldy if never touch them for few months. I already threw away those moldy stuffs but new ones also got moldy. Getting real poor throwing away good stuffs. Anyone can suggest any solution? I alreadied tried charcoal, hungry hippo, moth ball, sunning, a/c (cant turn on all the time as I havent got a money printer yet).

I live beside a canal.

It's just normal to have increased oxidation rate when u live near some body of h20

Books i store in those storage boxes. Sun your cushions/pillows/bolsters, bedsheets, smaller furniture if possible.

Wooden furniture can apply certain lacquers/coats that make it more mold resistant.

Anything important i put inside drawers and plastic bags/those metallic boxes

where u stay? Near the sea?

I see outside selling humifier but dunno got sell dehumifier...but i think the only solution is to move house.

damp environment can be considered 'YIN'....

I think air flow is important.

Quite true.

Must be living in a forested area?

Either turn on aircon for whole house to dry the air.

Or get the heavy induustrial exhaust fans, install in toilets and kitchen n rooms. It will help to circulate the damp air out of the house.

Where you stay?

try thristy hippo, or go insdustrial area souce for those they drying agent they pack with shipping container. Or buy the machine that filter air into drinkng water

(edited)

Sunshine and airflow both very important.

Probably you are staying in those N-S facing blocks which is quite common and in-thing now + being blocked.

Those old blocks with your living and bedrooms getting the full morning sun is superb while your kitchen and bathrooms get the evening sun is marvellous.

Edited by Kangadrool

yup.. NS facing. So this is a reason?

Sunshine and airflow both very important.

Probably you are staying in those N-S facing blocks which is quite common and in-thing now + being blocked.

Those old blocks with your living and bedrooms getting the full morning sun is superb while your kitchen and bathrooms get the evening sun is marvellous.

your house is probably facing the afternoon sun, so it gets really hot in the day, and then night it cools down causing condensation

best to do combination of improving environment & protecting individual items

1) for small items, put them in ziplock with silica beads, you can buy in 10kg pack etc in the industrial areas

2) for bigger items like handbag, toys put into those vacuum bags, suck out the air and throw in some hippo packs

3) electronics get a electric dry box , see the camera shops

books are difficult because they are so bulky. if you want to display them, choose 1 room and leave that room fully aircon i guess. if not store them in air tight plastic boxes and throw a few hungry hippo inside

4) for environment, install several extractor fans to move the air inside your house out, with constant air exchange, it will help

(edited)

yup.. NS facing. So this is a reason?

Am staying in N-S facing blocks also + being blocked by other blocks. [:(] Facing the same issue.

Used to stay with parents with living + bedrooms having full morning sunshine blast and kitchen + bathrooms having evening sunshine blast. Best ever living experience. [thumbsup]

Edited by Kangadrool