Beware pickpocket experts!

SimonTan

(edited)

so if someone leave their bag to chop table must be singaporean [laugh] but it wont be there for long ^_^

I think this shows just how insular and provincial Singaporeans really are. Maybe we have been asleep in la la land for too long.

The well-travelled will know that this happens in all 1st world cities in USA and Europe, especially those heavily populated ones where more people walk and take public transport than drive their own cars. Yes, even in Florence, Rome, Prague (pickpocket capital of the world) and Budapest, beautiful cities with an ugly underclass.

Not to mention cities in Vietnam, China, Indonesia, South Korea etc.

If you feel someone coming too close for comfort, get away! Why you gong gong still act like it is normal?

Please lah, there is no cure for stupidity. Grow up and stop expecting the government to take care of your every need.

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

so if someone leave their bag to chop table must be singaporean [laugh] but it wont be there for long ^_^

Years ago I had a Singaporean friend, first time in China, who was so flattered that this pretty girl came to dance with him at a Shenzhen club, he was half drunk liao and I guess he felt pretty good.

Next morning he told me his wallet missing.

Boss, that's like the dumbest s--t in the world.... Foreigners who come to singapore must be wondering what kind of idiots Singaporeans are!

profiling is very very dangerous -

I would agree that it does help, but you must be careful on your indicators.

For instance, in the US profiling is commonly thought to mean "beard and turban" = terrorist.

Rather than the behaviours itself - and with this belief of course, you are totally excluding Timothy McVeigh.

Further, what about all the turban and beard that are not muslem?

It would be far more effective to focus on the behaviours themselves - eg: overstaying, only interested in taking off etc...

In this instance, pickpocket alert on Singapore bus and to add 10 years ago no such thing (I know because I sit bus grow up) - only after FT start coming in - what kind of profiling do you think is fair? :D

Years ago I had a Singaporean friend, first time in China, who was so flattered that this pretty girl came to dance with him at a Shenzhen club, he was half drunk liao and I guess he felt pretty good.

Next morning he told me his wallet missing.

the case he was a willing victim, maybe a happy one :D

In this instance, pickpocket alert on Singapore bus and to add 10 years ago no such thing (I know because I sit bus grow up) - only after FT start coming in - what kind of profiling do you think is fair? :D

What is fair: ang moh girls profile sinkie men as having small dick but big wallet hence using us to the max.

What is fair: ang moh men profile sinkie men as having no balls and no c--k hence daring to whack us up.

What is fair: china men and women profile sinkie men as having no balls no brains and no spine so they can easily rob us blind.

Yes! Profiling works as all of them have been successful in their endeavors

3 months, 25 cases clocked , along Orchard Rd.

Be careful … losing things to pickpockets is a very unpleasant experience.

That's Orchard Rd only, what is the national stats for the last 3 months?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/25-cases-of-pickpocketing/1811738.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SINGAPORE: Police received 25 reports of pickpocketing along Orchard Road between Jan 1 and Mar 31. These cases occurred between 10am and 6pm when the victims were walking in crowded areas, the Singapore Police Force said in a news release on Tuesday (Apr 28).

Police are advising the public to remain vigilant at all times, especially in crowded places. They also have the following tips:

• Avoid exposing cash, valuables, or jewellery in public as this might draw unnecessary attention.
  • Avoid placing your wallet in your back pocket. For ladies, do ensure that your handbag is properly secured or zipped at all times. Cross-sling it in front or clasp it firmly while shopping or walking.
  • Never leave your valuables unattended on trolleys or strollers while shopping. Unattended valuables make for easy picking.
  • While having meals, never use valuables such as handphones to reserve seats. Arrange for someone to look after your valuables while ordering food.
  • Do not be distracted by strangers creating a commotion, bumping into you or accidentally spilling something onto you. Check your valuables immediately if this happens to you.
  • Praise 3

Looks like the lucrative sg image has attracted another group of FTs here .... Or maybe not

Edited by Yslim79
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

i hope they introduce death penalty for pick pocketing... i really dont want singapore to be like some of the european countries

Just be careful, and avoid huge crowds...

If cannot avoid, just hold on tight to your bag, wallet, purse ...

If cannot hold on tight, then don't bring a lot of cash, or credit cards, or ATM cards, IC, etc....

maybe cameraman pang chance....

Now that you are talking about cameraman, how did he know that she was about to pick pocket ? Is that video real boh. Edited by Ct3833

Twincharged

Now that you are talking about cameraman, how did he know that she was about to pick pocket ? Is that video real boh.

Haha... No idea...
↡ Advertisement