Singaporeans lose jobs to FTs

Scion

complete the sentence..........

'Sing-Chin-Pura' .... [:p]

LOL, good one!

Btw, morning marikita in bed more exciting, I think !

↡ Advertisement

Triple confirmed doesnt work here, since the garment here 101% support and welcome FTs. -_-

We may have a FT parliament one day, coz its cheaper, better, faster! [thumbsup]

do you think it will work here if gov welcome FT to SG ... -_-

Heng here is spore, in other countries the tour guides would strike on the street liao. [laugh] [laugh]

Why don't STPB follow the footsteps of MOE...... -_-

Employ those retirees from Army, Police or SCDF or any other Ministries as they all live long enough to know the history of Singapore and better still, they had served their services to SG. Time to pay them back.

Gave them the second career after retirement just like MOE did when employing Army or Police retirees as 'Operations Manager' ... [smash]

Bloody good idea! This is to fill the vacancies, let our lao jiao ex-defenders share their knowledge, killing two birds with one stone.

Heng here is spore, in other countries the tour guides would strike on the street liao. [laugh] [laugh]

Heng, or maybe sad?!

(edited)

do you think it will work here if gov welcome FT to SG ... -_-

Vote for more alternative voices! Be more vocal yourselves. Take proactive actions. Be a leader and shaper and lastly all the nice motherhood statements you can think of.

Edited by Kangadrool

it should read Cheenapura! [:p][:p]

After all, ah tongs tourists spend money here...... They will like it if parliament adds extra red flag next to national flag since its also a tourist spot to tell the ationgs our open-legs policies :D

Do you think sir s raffles statue mind holding a red flag, white n red go well together?

wahhhhhh, you do a quickie before going to work ... [:p][:p]

Try it, release all the stress before starting work [thumbsup]

Like I told my friends, its not a matter of which industry, its a matter of when!

True. Talked to my nursing fren, I told her nursing in Spore is very stable job cos low pay and long hours so no sporean wanna do. She told me stable yes but many competition from FT. These FT jus use spore as stepping stones to go other countries. I dun think our gov is so na

True. Talked to my nursing fren, I told her nursing in Spore is very stable job cos low pay and long hours so no sporean wanna do. She told me stable yes but many competition from FT. These FT jus use spore as stepping stones to go other countries. I dun think our gov is so na

Supersonic

We may have a FT parliament one day, coz its cheaper, better, faster! [thumbsup]

I would not be surprise to see FT in parliament! Even recent news reported that lesser and lesser s'porean & PR entering into ns. So i believe there might be one day when FTs also can enter ns with an exchange for citizenship. [rolleyes]

Turbocharged

I saw the news few weeks ago. It seems like the local tour guides are badly treated..

One of the tour guide being interviewed was suggesting Singapore to follow Malaysia (if I not wrong) way of doing is all oversea tour must employ one local tour guide. I think this make sense. [:)]

yah agreed...

i feel the job of a tour guide, beside having knowledge of Singapore's history and culture, needs passion too... a tour guide has to sometimes relate his/her own memories or experiences of that particular place when introducing it to the tourists

i dunno how a foreigner moonlighting the job can do this

by the way, the max fine the authority can impose on a tour agency hiring bogus unlicensed tour guides is only $2,000...

(edited)

heard this news on the radio, so decided to search for the full story online... but only Straits Times and Channelnewsasia covered it

the local tour guides, although many of them are free lancing, are badly treated by Singapore Tourism Board

many foreigners, on S-passes, come here to moonlight as tour guides, charging cheaper fees and forcing our own local ones out of jobs

despite years of complains, the situation does not improve

the bogus foreign tour guides have no qualifications (the local ones need to go through 9 months of trainings) and they have limited knowledge of our country (sometimes providing wrong information to the tourists, eg saying we are the descendants of Merlion according to legends)

of cos, the tour agencies play a part as they are usually the ones hiring the tour guides

personally after listening to their plights, i feel it's a sad thing because

- tour guides generally dun earn alot, and even so, they are being forced out of jobs by the bogus FTs

- the authority is sleeping and not protecting the interests of the local tour guides

- most importantly, tour guides are like unofficial ambassadors responsible in introducing our country, history and culture to the tourists... how can this role be taken by foreigners with limited knowledge?

haiz... <_<[:(][mad]

You thnk the garment will give a s--t about tour guides and poor people ? If they have no share of the $$$, they don't bother

NTUC launches new chapter to safeguard rights of tourist guides

Published on Jul 2, 2012

By lua jia min

The National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) officially launched the Tourist Guide Chapter (TGC) on July 2 to better protect the workplace rights of licensed tourist guides in Singapore.

The chapter, which is under the Attractions, Resorts and Entertainment Union, was organised in July last year to prevent illegal tourist guide practices while also upgrading members' skills through familliarisation tours at attractions such as the Marina City Gallery and Maritime Experiential Museum and Aquarium.

The TGC also hopes to encourage older Singaporeans and back-to-work women to join the tourist guide industry.

The NTUC estimates that there are currently 2,600 licensed tour guides in Singapore.

You think the garment will give a s--t to tour guides and poor people. They will not bother if they have no share of the $$$

Edited by Pentium

Many of our local nurses have been lured to other countries like UK and Aussie.

Not wanted here (hospital not paying decent pays), bit welcome in other countries! [:(]

Supersonic

yah agreed...

i feel the job of a tour guide, beside having knowledge of Singapore's history and culture, needs passion too... a tour guide has to sometimes relate his/her own memories or experiences of that particular place when introducing it to the tourists

i dunno how a foreigner moonlighting the job can do this

by the way, the max fine the authority can impose on a tour agency hiring bogus unlicensed tour guides is only $2,000...

This is the reason why foreigners can come to sillypore and survive. Could be they are very good in story telling and smoke people. [:p]

You think the garment will give a s--t to tour guides and poor people. They will not bother if they have no share of the $$$

When a group, in this case the tourist guides, have little connection or not strong supporters to lobby for their fair treatments, the members will be left alone to perish...... Does NTUC or tourist board care??

↡ Advertisement