A short note to all drivers out there

A5ph

Neutral Newbie

I don't care how good a driver you think you are, but if you made a mistake while driving, you don't get to fix it immediately. You just don't. If you miss an exit, you don't get to slam on the brakes in 80km/h traffic and try to hang a 90 degree turn into it. If you missed your chance to get into the turning lane, you don't get to cut somebody off or pull some dangerous move to try to make it. You own up to your incompetence and keep on going while you figure out how to fix it safely - and legally.

Recognize this and apply it, so when you drive you won't be putting yourself or others in dangerous situations. [rifle]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I don't care how good a driver you think you are, but if you made a mistake while driving, you don't get to fix it immediately. You just don't. If you miss an exit, you don't get to slam on the brakes in 80km/h traffic and try to hang a 90 degree turn into it. If you missed your chance to get into the turning lane, you don't get to cut somebody off or pull some dangerous move to try to make it. You own up to your incompetence and keep on going while you figure out how to fix it safely - and legally.

Recognize this and apply it, so when you drive you won't be putting yourself or others in dangerous situations. [rifle]

Just let these drivers learn it the hard way ....... please see video ....

Edited by Civic6228

Supersonic

Very fair points, but I think it's also fair to say that all this terrible behaviour would be minimised if the equally terrible behaviour of people PURPOSELY NOT GIVING WAY when others signal early is eliminated.

Yup..saw one at CTE towards the city...he missed the PIE exit and braked in the middle of the road to try to inch left to still exit..saw a lot of cars behind e-brake because of this...

Supercharged

Very fair points, but I think it's also fair to say that all this terrible behaviour would be minimised if the equally terrible behaviour of people PURPOSELY NOT GIVING WAY when others signal early is eliminated.

Well, it depends. If a person is trying to filter into a filtering lane *sincerely* i will give in. What i mean by "sincerely" is when the filtering lane is very long way to the actual junction, he should start filtering at the begining of this filtering lane, i.e. join the queue at the end of it. If he drives right up to the front of the queue and then try to cut in, i am afraid that is considered cutting queue in which case i won't give in.

It's so dangerous and yet, it happens so often that i am quite numb to this. I just hope nobody gets hurt, that's all.

Well, it depends. If a person is trying to filter into a filtering lane *sincerely* i will give in. What i mean by "sincerely" is when the filtering lane is very long way to the actual junction, he should start filtering at the begining of this filtering lane, i.e. join the queue at the end of it. If he drives right up to the front of the queue and then try to cut in, i am afraid that is considered cutting queue in which case i won't give in.

I will give way if they signal early n cut in at the start of the filtering lane.

Those who complained are those opportunistic ones who zoom up on the fast empty lane, then last meters expect those waiting patiently in line to open a gap to slot in.

I have yet to witness a car that signal early n not able to slot into the Tail end of a turning lane!

Most will understand n give chance for such cars to join in the queue at the early part.

For every driver that drives like the OP describes, there are easily 5 or 10 that don't give way, forcing people to squeeze in at the last minute even if they don't want to.

What I learnt in recent days is that cutting "Q" without signal is rather legal. We do not allow those cutting with signal!!

What I learnt in recent days is that cutting "Q" without signal is rather legal. We do not allow those cutting with signal!!

You're absolutely right. This only happens in Spore. There's another group of drivers : signal while changing lane <_<

(edited)

You're absolutely right. This only happens in Spore. There's another group of drivers : signal while changing lane <_<

the reason is the driver signal early, sure kena block... if he just cut in... the other car LL. ^_^

Edited by Junxian

totally agree...

Turbocharged

Yeah boy...cars like Audis, BMW mercs etc..this morning kena one audi A4..dun want to queue up..use powderful engines to cut in.. [knife]

quite common for missing a turn, some driver even missed the turn by 50 meter and yet reverse the car and exit [knife] [knife]

i kana b4 by a beemer that drove fast and cut in left without signalling at the causeway. Let him have his way although i was a bit tulan. But i changed my lane to the right one that he was in and drove as normal. No doubt his lane seems to be faster one but when he reached the kastam, the abang closed one lane and he had to signal right to be on the faster queue. Even though he signalled i din give him the chance to cut in and when i passed him i looked at him and gave him a smile! [laugh][laugh]

quite common for missing a turn, some driver even missed the turn by 50 meter and yet reverse the car and exit [knife] [knife]

u ever see an auntie did a jam-brake when she exited the wrong exit? i had to jam brake and manouvre into the chevron to avoid colliding with her! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

also .. to add ..

At junction waiting to turn right (2 lanes turning right). while both cars turning right, the right car immediately signal left and wanna cut into left lane ... :angry:

So this case signal is big deal ?

↡ Advertisement