Japan: Tokyo - 1 Day Tour from Tokyo to Mt Fuji

Yaloryalor

Hi guys,

Any suggestion or experience to go from Tokyo to Mr Fuji (till 5th station)? Not driving. By local tour or public transport.

Taking cruise at Lake Ashi is it good idea? Worth to go or can skip?

Tks!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

when? if it's during their snowing period, u need to do a rain check.

the last time i went, becoz of unpredictable snow, we cant get to mt.fuji at all.

road block and all due to heavy snowing.

my 2 cents. :)

Edited by Rainbowbiatch

Turbocharged

Take Tokaido Shinkansen to Shin Fuji station and get up to 5th station by bus from there.

Now is summer so its all good to go.

when? if it's during their snowing period, u need to do a rain check.

the last time i went, becoz of unpredictable snow, we cant get to mt.fuji at all.

road block and all due to heavy snowing.

my 2 cents. :)

Tks! Going at early Sep.

Take Tokaido Shinkansen to Shin Fuji station and get up to 5th station by bus from there.

So not worth to visit the Lake?

From the Shin Fuji station just take the bus from there, no need booking? How long it takes from Tokyo to reach Shin Fuji station and how long it takes for the bus to go up 5th station?

Kam sia!

Neutral Newbie

Take shinkasen?? Tt will costs a BOMB!! Hehe

Take shinkasen?? Tt will costs a BOMB!! Hehe

Dun wan too ex. This year spent a lot on travelling liao.

Mt Fuji is a one day tour. There are a few major tour operators in central Tokyo.

I joined the Grayline Tour which include Mt Fuji 5th station, Hakone, Lake Ashi, Gondola ride, and the "Sulphur" Mountain (Owakundani Valley). All these + lunch + bullet train ride back to Tokyo at 16,000 Yen per audult. It's money well-spent. [thumbsup] No tipping required.

Since it's all inclusive, just follow the cattles when you are there with the group.

July-August is the peak season. Should be super packed now.

At the Sulphur Mountain, don't forget to buy black eggs and their signatory souvenir - black egg long long chain.

Mr Yaloryalor,

here's the information:

http://www.jgl.co.jp/inbound/rakuten/fuji.html

Tks bro, I joint the grayling One day tour to Mt. Fuji and Lake Harkone today. Din manage to go up 5th station, only 2nd station due to limited time.

A group of my tour mates made noise, KPKB say they rather skip lunch so have more time to go up 5th station. These ladies are from FIFA ( women world cup for less than 20 years old players), representing diff countries. They said if the tour guide dun go to 5th station then tmr when they have meeting with the Japan officials, they will lodge a formal complain.

The tour guide called back office twice and final decision is still skipping the 5th station.

I am also disappointed lar.

Tks bro, I joint the grayling One day tour to Mt. Fuji and Lake Harkone today. Din manage to go up 5th station, only 2nd station due to limited time.

A group of my tour mates made noise, KPKB say they rather skip lunch so have more time to go up 5th station. These ladies are from FIFA ( women world cup for less than 20 years old players), representing diff countries. They said if the tour guide dun go to 5th station then tmr when they have meeting with the Japan officials, they will lodge a formal complain.

The tour guide called back office twice and final decision is still skipping the 5th station.

I am also disappointed lar.

Bad timing lah. It's peak season (towards the end) - summer holidays where many people are climbing now. Super jam maciam Cameron Highlands situation during PH. So, they have no choice, but to abandon the 5th station.

I went in May, end of spring, nice weather, can see some snows enroute to 5th station, only 3 tour coaches up there when we were there.

↡ Advertisement