Truck Tyre Exploded At Tyre Shop (China)

2BDriver

Truck Tyre explosion fatal accident happened in China at tyre-shop during wheel repair, it caused 1 dead and 1 injured.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4th Gear

One of my ex-school mate who was an army regular said that his unit got 1 man died when the tyre of the 3-tonners exploded. The man'a head flew off during the explosion.

(edited)

For safety of the tyreman, the tubless tyre to be inflated should be placed in a tyre cage.

post-272-1341588197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

For safety of the tyreman, the tubless tyre to be inflated should be placed in a tyre cage.

Having numerous visits to Tyre-Shop for tyres replacement, repairing, balancing & alignment tyres works, seen tyreman inflating the tyre with the "Pok Pok Sounds" and it does concern me about unexpected explosion, asked them about their safety.....I was told it is safe !

Next time round, I'll stay far far away acknowledging this cctv recorded accident [sweatdrop]

For car tubless tyres, the rim is one piece, the chances explosion is very much less. The most dangerous are the truck tubless tyres that uses a lock ring. Normally if there is an explosion the ring will be the first to shoot out.

For car tubless tyres, the rim is one piece, the chances explosion is very much less. The most dangerous are the truck tubless tyres that uses a lock ring. Normally if there is an explosion the ring will be the first to shoot out.

Seen tyremans fixed lorry big tyre inserting with a broken "closed c-shape" ring at one side of the metal rim, chisel another piece bend metal in between the gap of the ring, then put wheel onto rotating machine table for inflation with the 2 ~ 3 times Pok sounds, it makes me nervours now thinking I'm just standing near there to watch them at work [:(]

Twincharged

Truck Tyre explosion fatal accident happened in China at tyre-shop during wheel repair, it caused 1 dead and 1 injured.

Well China made tyres is like that.!R.I.P. for the tyreman.

Seen tyremans fixed lorry big tyre inserting with a broken "closed c-shape" ring at one side of the metal rim, chisel another piece bend metal in between the gap of the ring, then put wheel onto rotating machine table for inflation with the 2 ~ 3 times Pok sounds, it makes me nervours now thinking I'm just standing near there to watch them at work [:(]

This sound is normal. It is the sound of the tyre bead locking into the rim.

You should be worried if you don't hear this sound. It means the tyre isn't securely attached and may fall off when driving.

• Praise 1

Charles Darwin is always right [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

[nosebleed]

This sound is normal. It is the sound of the tyre bead locking into the rim.

You should be worried if you don't hear this sound. It means the tyre isn't securely attached and may fall off when driving.

sff.gifmuch appreciated

-bump-

One of my ex-school mate who was an army regular said that his unit got 1 man died when the tyre of the 3-tonners exploded. The man'a head flew off during the explosion.

yes this was correct because subsequently, 3 tonners tyres were not replaced in camp but done at vendor.

• Praise 1