How to feedback on hospital service?

Fuelsaver

Twincharged

malpractice suit liao lor

unless u went to a 24hr TCM

did you know if want to complain against doctor, must go and sompah first ??

And also to add on, especially those doctors under insurance panel.

They will not give you the more expensive medicine, which can definitely make your recovery faster.

I am taking sitagliptin for my diabetes ... not cheap ... 1 pill $2 !!

but when I went to polyclinic I told the DR that all the subsidized diabetic meds he gave me was causing side effect ... he said he got nothing to prescribe me already.

then i told him I was taking the above and the DR told me he is not prescribing it to me as it was expensive !  but wtf ? I am paying for it myself mah ...

↡ Advertisement

I once went to a 24hr clinic at midnite as I had a stomach ache. Doc gave me a few pills without checking me and he went back to sleep again.

Next morning still hurt so went to see my usual GP.i was told to pack my bags and check into A&E asap as I had appendicitis.

Turned out that the surgery was delayed too long over more than 16hrs and the appendix has turned gangrene. Left a big hole in my tummy and wound can not be suture up and had to leave it heal on its own.

One wrong diagnosis and it left with me with much inconvenience and pain. Haiz...

Early appendicitis can be difficult to diagnose. Sometimes can't blame the first doctor.

It can just look like normal gastroenteritis at the start.

Anyway treatment of appendicitis has changed over the years. 

• Praise 1

Early appendicitis can be difficult to diagnose. Sometimes can't blame the first doctor.

It can just look like normal gastroenteritis at the start.

Anyway treatment of appendicitis has changed over the years.

My GP has advised me way to identify appendicitis by feel and touch.

Problem is the 24hr clinic doc did not even bother to check anything at all.

My GP has advised me way to identify appendicitis by feel and touch.

Problem is the 24hr clinic doc did not even bother to check anything at all.

If he never examined you, then he didn't conduct due dillgence.

Funny thing is I was also never diagnosed by the house doctor at A&E.

Just by my own words I was cut up

?

You mean u were just having so much pain that they just operated on you without a preliminary diagnosis?

no CT scan?

OT a bit. Appendicitis is pain on left or right side?

Please don't say backside. Thanks.

Hard to say. 2 to 3 months ago my father felt pain below his chest/above the stomach area.

Went to ttsh and the doctor did a preliminary check and say it's appendicitis. Waited three days to go for operation. 3 days didn't eat. When ask the nurse, the nurse say when there's an operating theatre and a surgeon available will immediately start operation. So cannot eat.

Put him on IV drip for 3 days.

No hospital bed available too. Waited three days along a corridor.

My father say when finally push him to operation, it was like waiting at an abattoir. All the patients holding inside a room lying in bed. Inside finish then they push the next one in.

His operation finished they pushed him out into another holding room and waited there cos got no hospital bed.

My father was wheeled off to the operation room at 12am, and only pushed back to the corridor we were at near 8pm.

During the 20 hours my family and I asked the counter staff

Where's my father? Don't know

Is he in operation? Don't know

Is he out of operation? Don't know

What's his status? Don't know

Who can I find who knows what's going on? Don't know

8pm my father was pushed back to the corridor and was told they found a ward for him but now looking for staff to help push him to the ward. Near 11pm they got a frail old uncle to come, might as well just ask me to help push cos the old uncle almost no strength and kept asking me to help maneuver the bed.

By the time settle down in the ward and can rest? Slightly after 1am in the morning.

Later in the morning at 9am my father called me to pick him up. He say hospital discharge him and ask him to leave by 10am as they needed the bed space.

• Praise 1

Sounds like a tiring experience for all.

Haha that is normal lah. Usually half the room is for pre-op, another half or a room beside it is for post anaesthesia recovery. Holding area before they push to the OT or return from OT.

Hard to say. 2 to 3 months ago my father felt pain below his chest/above the stomach area.

Went to ttsh and the doctor did a preliminary check and say it's appendicitis. Waited three days to go for operation. 3 days didn't eat. When ask the nurse, the nurse say when there's an operating theatre and a surgeon available will immediately start operation. So cannot eat.

My father say when finally push him to operation, it was like waiting at an abattoir. All the patients holding inside a room lying in bed. Inside finish then they push the next one in.

His operation finished they pushed him out into another holding room and waited there cos got no hospital bed.

My father was wheeled off to the operation room at 12am, and only pushed back to the corridor we were at near 8pm.

8pm my father was pushed back to the corridor and was told they found a ward for him but now looking for staff to help push him to the ward. Near 11pm they got a frail old uncle to come, might as well just ask me to help push cos the old uncle almost no strength and kept asking me to help maneuver the bed.

By the time settle down in the ward and can rest? Slightly after 1am in the morning.

Later in the morning at 9am my father called me to pick him up. He say hospital discharge him and ask him to leave by 10am as they needed the bed space.

Sounds like a tiring experience for all.

Haha that is normal lah. Usually half the room is for pre-op, another half or a room beside it is for post anaesthesia recovery. Holding area before they push to the OT or return from OT.

Turbocharged

ttsh? lucky to come out alive leh....

it has a reputation i think.

waaa. so brave ...this forum got someone from hosp legal hoh. you die.. wait for drawaniiple letter..kong hei kong hei

?

You mean u were just having so much pain that they just operated on you without a preliminary diagnosis?

no CT scan?

no scan no anything. House doctor just asked me who gave me the diagnosis and i replied its my home GP.

The next thing i know i was wheeled into the OT.

(edited)

What does the E in hospital A&E stands for? Let me tell you, it is Elephant.

Accident & Elephant.

Got high fever 39.3 - 39.7 and still waiting to see doctor after 2.5 hours. 30 over patients and only 3 doctors in attendance. Every patient spends about 5-10 mins then a lapse of 15 mins before the next patient is called. Aiyoh!and there's a sign saying fever patients will be isolated in a different waiting area.

I think it depends how serious it is. Fever less than 40 degree is not really serious. Can see GP or 24 hours clinic I think.

I had high fever 39.5 last year but I just took medicine and sleep. I ever called KKH emergency hotline when my infant was having high fever last time. I was informed that no need to go down KKH unless it is above 40 degree and if there"s fits, dehydrated and etc....

My son who had a deep cut in the chin and was bleeding badly last time. We didnt wait very long at KKH. Less than 1 hour I think.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 1

T3 Raffles Medical is 24/7. Only 1 doctor at those hours with 3 or 4 patients. Of course, 30 mins wait lah.

Raffles medical clinic also 24/7 at Raffles Hospital. Next time can go there also.

(edited)

my advise is to drive to those 24hrs neighbourhood clinic for adult high fever. cheaper and faster.

children high fever straight to KK. parent more kan cheong than the child. no point go GP.

nod Nod...ever send my son to Thompson 24 hrs clinic. Waited 45min already made a few trip to the registration counter.ð¥

I cut my leg, went to nearby 24 hours clinic at hougang. Guess what?

Waited quite a while for the doctor to attend to me. There was no patient. He was sleeping!!!!! End up he asked me to hospital instead! I took cab n went CGH A&E instead.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I think it depends how serious it is. Fever less than 40 degree is not really serious. Can see GP or 24 hours clinic I think.

I had high fever 39.5 last year but I just took medicine and sleep. I ever called KKH emergency hotline when my infant was having high fever last time. I was informed that no need to go down KKH unless it is above 40 degree and if there"s fits, dehydrated and etc....

My son who had a deep cut in the chin and was bleeding badly last time. We didnt wait very long at KKH. Less than 1 hour I think.

infant 2 years and below - immediate attendance at hospital or polyclinic.

after 2 years depends on condition.

I cut my leg, went to nearby 24 hours clinic at hougang. Guess what?

Waited quite a while for the doctor to attend to me. There was patient. He was sleeping!!!!! End up he asked me to hospital instead! I took cab n went CGH A&E instead.

most clinics, the DR also don't want to take risk ... esp if bleeding case.

my mom went for day surgery at a clinic to remove a growth in her arm. the old dr there gave her a shot and just cut out the growth about the size of a small marble. she did bleed alot but the dr stitched her arm up and then put a bandage too.

then in the evening the wound started to bleed again and we went to a nearby 24 clinic ...when the DR saw the blood, he did not even think twice and just told my mom to go the hospital !

some dare, some dare not.

• Praise 1

Raffles medical clinic also 24/7 at Raffles Hospital. Next time can go there also.

Which floor?

Thx for the info

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1