Wrong to have doors open when in carpark? pics*

Luv_presea

I was inside my car after parking it in a proper lot. Off the engine and opened the door while I gathered my things. And out of no where, a lady said "how can he open the doors like that this is a walkway". I turned back and looked, she was walking to the next space looking frustrated and kept staring at me like I did something wrong to her.

All these while I was sitting in the drivers seat. She looked 30+ with a 6+ year old girl. And then I thought to myself, this is a walkway? I got out and look, ok, it was a walkway behind my car. I just continued gathering my things, closed the door and went on my way.

Look at the pics, I don't know what u guys will think. But to me, no big deal to just cross at the next car right?

And I also did not know there is a walkway behind.

So in your opinion, do u think I've done something wrong?

post-12223-1341821152_thumb.jpg

post-12223-1341822307_thumb.jpg

post-12223-1341822342_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Nope.

And that's not a "lady". It's just a prize cheesepie who think everyone else owes her something. Very common in Sg.

Up North, I see women pumping their own air.

Down here, I see men being forced to carry their women's handbags.

Sigh...

(edited)

Maybe she meant that you should have check to see if anyone is walking pass your car (assuming you didn't) b'cos there is a walkway leading to the lot your car is in. Or you should have been more 'considerate' to to keep the door closed until you are ready to get out (but again, she could have asked). Otherwise, I don't see why she should be saying that? Maybe siao.

Edited by Silver_blade

And just to be clear, when I'm about to leave, I opened the door, sat in it and purposely kept the doors open for awhile. I noticed everyone crossed at the next car without a hint of unhappiness on their face. One even smiled at me when they saw me looking at them.

The thing is my door was opened for about 15secs before she appeared. Meaning she should have seen my door opened from a distance.

You are not in the wrong. Just suay that you block a b*tch's way. The gap between 2 vehicles is not a walkway. But i would close the door if the car next to me is moving out or reversing in.

(edited)

Just noticed it is SGH...cut her some slack...she could be in a lousy mood and rushing to see some one dying, etc...

Edited by Silver_blade

Nope.

And that's not a "lady". It's just a prize cheesepie who think everyone else owes her something. Very common in Sg.

Up North, I see women pumping their own air.

Down here, I see men being forced to carry their women's handbags.

Sigh...

She looks quite :wub: too bad for her attitude.

SGH carpark behind NCC? Haha, I usually just cut diagonally across the grass patch (u can see its a worn path) to cross the road to my office. Never have I felt that a driver can't leave his door open though, as I too, do DO it.

1st Gear

:blink: she must be having a bad day..so she took it out on you , i dont see there's anything worng on your part tho.

You are not in the wrong. Just suay that you block a b*tch's way. The gap between 2 vehicles is not a walkway. But i would close the door if the car next to me is moving out or reversing in.

All the other cars parked beside me had no one in it. Maybe its my suayday.

can be a pavement design issue as your driver side of door is in line, joining with the walkway. But it is totally uncalled for the "extra" from the lady...maybe you should make your day better by demonstrating climbing over to the front passenger side & open the door from there, to the lady.

Just noticed it is SGH...cut her some slack...she could be in a lousy mood and rushing to see some one dying, etc...

Wow! Like that also u can tell its SGH. [thumbsup] I did not wanna end up in stomp so just let it go.

i thk there is a genuine case, its a walkway and car door was opened for 15sec. how would she know if it would be closed in the 16th sec or remain open for the next 10min waiting for someone?

although some pple would jus detour ard, this is def not another blind and lame whining, deserving of some of the comments made.

SGH carpark behind NCC? Haha, I usually just cut diagonally across the grass patch (u can see its a worn path) to cross the road to my office. Never have I felt that a driver can't leave his door open though, as I too, do DO it.

Wha u all really good. Can even tell its NCC carpark.