Some questions

Aerosmith

1. how is the mitsubishi galant 2.0A compared with the legacy gt 2.0? in terms of performance, fc, maintenance and cost of parts?

2. i saw an MG rover 75 in sgcarmart, seems to have a real cool interior, does anyone know whether the maintenance costs are high? are the parts hard to find and expensive?

3. between the cefiro, mazda 6, kia magentis and Lexus IS200, which one has a lower cost of ownership?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

1. how is the mitsubishi galant 2.0A compared with the legacy gt 2.0? in terms of performance, fc, maintenance and cost of parts?

2. i saw an MG rover 75 in sgcarmart, seems to have a real cool interior, does anyone know whether the maintenance costs are high? are the parts hard to find and expensive?

3. between the cefiro, mazda 6, kia magentis and Lexus IS200, which one has a lower cost of ownership?

I am a Rover 75 ex-owner,very nice car,but no spare parts now...

I am a Rover 75 ex-owner,very nice car,but no spare parts now...

so if they are no spare parts now, does it mean something spoil cannot repair?

how was your maintenance costs over the years?

Rover 75.. a car that was doomed when it was launched... has more fault than a corrupt govt... my friend has 1 and in 2 years... they told him they had no more spare parts... company going bust.. WOW... you can imagine the look on my friends face... PRICELESS...

Twincharged

so if they are no spare parts now, does it mean something spoil cannot repair?

how was your maintenance costs over the years?

I bought new in year 2000,top of line 2.5v6 at $195k with alot of option fitted,car was problematic,imagine new a new gearbox on 18 months of usage with less than 10,000km.after that themostat leak[replaced 3 times in 9 years],lastly airbag module failed...but the car is comfortable.

Twincharged

I bought new in year 2000,top of line 2.5v6 at $195k with alot of option fitted,car was problematic,imagine new a new gearbox on 18 months of usage with less than 10,000km.after that themostat leak[replaced 3 times in 9 years],lastly airbag module failed...but the car is comfortable.

I remember now alternator also changed 3 times,total mileage after near 9 years,38,000km only....car scrapped,body only got $900.00,despite near new condition.

i dun understand why nissan can sell..? sometimes eg..the juke..mitsubishi sell..then nissan relaunch...then more on the road..? why so..? corporate buy then drive on the road to promote the car..?

ok, scrap the mg rover, but what about the gallant?

Supercharged

I hope the bros who know better can correct me if I am wrong here.

I believe the Galant is discontinued, so must check whether it is sharing the spare parts with any continued models in the Mitsubishi brand.

FC for Galant can be quite high maybe slightly higher than the LGT. Performance wise, the LGT 2.0 should give about 230bhp while the Galant should give about 150bhp? Maintenance wise Subaru parts have been consistently high compared to other brands of the same range, but I like to believe Subarus are more hardy and can be subjected to more abuse as well.

In terms of lower cost of ownership, I assume it's the Kia, but resale value also much lower.

1. For the Galant, are you referring to the VR4? That was killed off in 2003 so parts could be more rare compared to Legacy GT.

Legacy shared quite a lot of parts and even the engine - EJ20 is the same as offered in the WRX GDA. Still a lot around these days.

Talked to an ex-VR4 owner and he found the car too light and chassis too soft for such a powerful car. At NSHW, he felt the car more floaty than his then Audi A4 2.0.

On paper both are quite on par in terms of performance and FC. Notably, VR4's INVECS was supposedly more responsive than Legacy's aged 4-speed auto. Unless you are talking about later-Legacy's with 5 speed, which both improved FC and response.

Personally, I will put my money in the LGT.

I hope the bros who know better can correct me if I am wrong here.

I believe the Galant is discontinued, so must check whether it is sharing the spare parts with any continued models in the Mitsubishi brand.

FC for Galant can be quite high maybe slightly higher than the LGT. Performance wise, the LGT 2.0 should give about 230bhp while the Galant should give about 150bhp? Maintenance wise Subaru parts have been consistently high compared to other brands of the same range, but I like to believe Subarus are more hardy and can be subjected to more abuse as well.

In terms of lower cost of ownership, I assume it's the Kia, but resale value also much lower.

If comparing with LGT, TS should be referring to the Galant VR4, which is twin-turbo and 4WD as well.

Supercharged

If comparing with LGT, TS should be referring to the Galant VR4, which is twin-turbo and 4WD as well.

Hmmm... forgot. Thanks for the correction! [cool]

Interesting fact on the 75.I almost bought one in yes, 2000 but ended up with a 416 (Concerto look-alike) and the later model 416 as well. Nice comfortable but the lack of parts made me scrap the cars on the 5th year. There was a shop selling Rover parts along serangoon road... Richwell or something but i think close liao [:(]

thanks guys, i don't know exactly the model of the galant, but this is the one i wish to know more about.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...400&DL=1000

Don't think that's the VR4. It is the SR model which is NA. So can't really compare with LGT.

Don't know why is has a turbo-timer though, unless a turbo has been added? From the engine bay pic can't see any piping for intercoolers or turbo.

Looks good anyway with the subtle VRS kit.

Supercharged

Don't think that's the VR4. It is the SR model which is NA. So can't really compare with LGT.

Don't know why is has a turbo-timer though, unless a turbo has been added? From the engine bay pic can't see any piping for intercoolers or turbo.

Looks good anyway with the subtle VRS kit.

You Galant-Pro leh. [laugh]

Turbocharged

The questions no up and no down.

Comparing a Galant with a Legacy GT?

Cefiro, Mazda 6 and IS 200 represent 3 different classes of cars - the cost of maintenance in this sort of comparison is meaningless.

↡ Advertisement