How much to replace shock absorbers?

SLSAMG88

I see. But no need say must immediately go for alignment after changing the shocks, right? [:/]

Should go ASAP once changed if not u will find ur tires start wearing off unevenly after traveling for long period.

↡ Advertisement

got a quote from autosaver for my camry 2.4, total $1,200 for 4 shocks. if just replacing the back shocks about $700.

Any bro/sis know cheaper WS (~$500) to replace just the back shocks ?

Got all 4 shock absorbers for my camry (Tokico, made in Thailand, which is the OEM for Camry) for S$58 each before GST from local stockist. Changed the absorbers by Hawk Tyre in JB, was charged RM209 for labour, including alignment, balancing, rotation and checking of brake system.

Got all 4 shock absorbers for my camry (Tokico, made in Thailand, which is the OEM for Camry) for S$58 each before GST from local stockist. Changed the absorbers by Hawk Tyre in JB, was charged RM209 for labour, including alignment, balancing, rotation and checking of brake system.

Where you got yours?

Neutral Newbie

:o I just replace my rear camry suspension KYB Japan Made locally for S$418.

:o I just replace my rear camry suspension KYB Japan Made locally for S$418.

U said KYB Japan made locally...... means made in spore?????

Suspension is Japan made, change of suspension is local.

I was quoted by the local KYB stockist for S$12x per piece last week, can't remember the exact amount.

Neutral Newbie

Every single time I hits a bump or knocks over a hole on the road, there is a lot of noise and vibration. Like metal part hitting against car. However, the suspension is fine when going over a hump.. What could be the problem ?

I was doing alignment at jb just now and was recommended a adjustable nuts for the alignment thing.

Was told after fix, the car alignment will not run even change absorber.

Any bro got experience with this?

RM 160 front RM 120 rear.

Even after alignment, the first 15min driving is excellent but after a while, car still seem like going left but not so bad.

I was doing alignment at jb just now and was recommended a adjustable nuts for the alignment thing.

Even after alignment, the first 15min driving is excellent but after a while, car still seem like going left but not so bad.

Camber bolt? I was charged rm60 in melaka.

Its normal. Sg roads are tilted slightly to the left. Normally a skilled mech will put a mark before replacing the absorbers. If they place it back at the same position hence no big changes and no need for alignment.

Every single time I hits a bump or knocks over a hole on the road, there is a lot of noise and vibration. Like metal part hitting against car. However, the suspension is fine when going over a hump.. What could be the problem ?

Did you feel like you are driving a boat instead of a car? Have your mech check things out. It may be other suspension parts (ball joints, control arms, stabilizer links, etc.) that is faulty.

Camber bolt? I was charged rm60 in melaka.

I don't have the correct name.

Was told by them it's adjustable nut for the suspension part.

All car have but it's the fixed one and cant auto adjust itself.

I wonder is it useful?

And if it's camber bolt than am I overcharge?

U mean rm60 is for 1 side only huh?

Total need 4 rite?

Its normal. Sg roads are tilted slightly to the left. Normally a skilled mech will put a mark before replacing the absorbers. If they place it back at the same position hence no big changes and no need for alignment.

Actually beginning it's Ok but after a week alignment gone.

Pay rm30 for 4 wheel computer alignment.

↡ Advertisement