Pulau Ubin

Seaweed

Anyone been there recently? Is there still place that sell food and drinks etc? Any nice spot on the island to visit?

↡ Advertisement

just been there a few months back.. business is blooming there. no shortage of food drinks and bicycles.

if u like nature, every bit of the island is nice :)

the more prominent spots are chek jawa and the village head's private zoo.

Supersonic
(edited)

still got sell zi char ?? how much the bumboat fare now ?

Should have near the ferry terminal. I always find ubin nothing much to see except the chek jawa. Or even chek jawa also nothing much to see.

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged

went there a year back

still pretty much the same rustic environment as 20 years ago

one of the few last places in Singapore where you can enjoy the nature where the time passed by slowly and it's not overcrowded with foreigners

Hmmm, I must say, I've seen 3 different "versions" of Ubin, and this latest one where there's a proper man-made platform for you to "walk" around Chek Jawa is not to my liking at all. Hell, even the Swiss mansion/cottage has turned into a museum of sorts!

Everything seems so ... civilised? I still prefer the 80-90s version the best :D

any idea for bicycle ?

Can't remember... around $6 to $10 if I'm not wrong. I usually walk around there, so I've never rented a bicycle.

Supersonic

went there a year back

still pretty much the same rustic environment as 20 years ago

one of the few last places in Singapore where you can enjoy the nature where the time passed by slowly and it's not overcrowded with foreigners

Heard they have plans to develop ubin?! If really true then there is no more places in sgp can get to enjoy the nature.

Heard they have plans to develop ubin?! If really true then there is no more places in sgp can get to enjoy the nature.

Can try sneak into SAF training areas, some such places must be still virgin with little civilization. [:)]

But remember the guards there don't differentiate between nature lovers and intruders.

remember bring mosquito spray.. they are commando trained.

actually kampung buangkok also not bad. nowhere else in SG can u find a kampung now except there. but the a/m line still applies.