The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Hi Bros,

2013 is here anyone got and views or option on the stock mkt?

Thx

it is going to be a bull at least up to Jun 2013

I have a quick question.

In stocks trading, you typically need to "BUY" first, physically have that stock in your account, then you could "SELL" it. Otherwise, it is short-selling and then you have to "BUY" it back within that day itself. What is the penalty?

When we trade FOREX (e.g. USD dollars), if we don't have that US dollar yet, but can we SELL first (when it is high) and then BUY back later when it is low. Is there any penalty?

14500 somewhere a major up trend line for past 50 years..

must watch this a touch somewhere near this resistance might fall hard,

look back and draft it from historical chart for 50 years or more,will see this trend line

within same day no penalty

What about FOREX? So far I think I have SOLD USD first but BOUGHT back 1 week later (not within 1 day), I don't recall there is penalty for FOREX.

What about FOREX? So far I think I have SOLD USD first but BOUGHT back 1 week later (not within 1 day), I don't recall there is penalty for FOREX.

There is no penalty for Forex. Infact, that's how you trade for forex.

The reason is simple. In forex, everytime you buy or sell one currency, you must correspondingly sell or buy another currency. In that sense, your holdings is always "balance".

For stocks, if you want to short sell without penalty, you can open a CFD account.

There is no penalty for Forex. Infact, that's how you trade for forex.

The reason is simple. In forex, everytime you buy or sell one currency, you must correspondingly sell or buy another currency. In that sense, your holdings is always "balance".

For stocks, if you want to short sell without penalty, you can open a CFD account.

Thanks. Definitely sounds logical. Instead of looking it as Selling USD first, I could look at it as "buying" SGD first instead. (using USD/SGD pair as an example).

Edited by Albeniz

Euro has risen significantly against SGD over the last few days.

Predicting a Euro drop as part of correction, thinking of "selling" Euro first and then buy back later after it has dropped. What do you folks think?

Edited by Albeniz

Predicting a Euro drop as part of correction, thinking of "selling" Euro first and then buy back later after it has dropped. What do you folks think?

I cannot give you the answer, cos no one knows, but I can tell you when you trade forex, you do not assume or predict. That's a sure quick way of losing your money.

Use the chart to tell you where it is heading and put the odds in your favour. When the trading system on the chat tells you that it is the right time, then you get in.

serious traders do not trade forex based on his belief or assumption. He lets the market tells him what to do.

for now, just look at the global central banks. whichever is tightening more, ccy will go up. Whichever continues to expand balance sheet, will keep falling.

euro has gone up alot coz of the ltro repayments. technicals aside, longer term trends have bigger forces.

my advice forget abt fx trades, just stick to buying solid blue chips on strong pullbacks. dont chase the mkt.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1