K&N or Hurricane or works stainless steel air filter.

Camrytron

I have been driving for more than 30 years, had used all kind of accessories / tuner/s / amp and enhancers for car,

One day a truly experienced mechanic i know told me no car need no enhancer whatso-ever to increase speed / fuel-saver or any filter to increase air-flow / whatever you called it. Total waste of money, it hardly work, only psychologically in your brain.

A simple explanation was ; He even told me to remove the wiper-spray noozer filled with soapy water with plain water instead, his reason, the more we spray with soapy water, the wind-screen becomes more blurred & dirty.

Amazingly, it work best with clear water 20 years on, Not so sure about K&N filter, convincingly yes, but many motorist has doubts though

really depends on the surroundings. if surrounding is very dusty and dirty, performance filter sure die one. Same for tyres/engine oil etc, different conditions, different results..thats y dont read to much into reports from other countries, especially those colder countries.

0.5% improvement is also improvement especially when $100 is only 0.143% for a $70,000 car. if u want real (slight) improvement, change whole exhaust, intake and ECU re-tune ... u will get what u pay for.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Drop in K&N are not noisy,only open pod is noisy....well Camrytron,are you in S'pore.?I can show you my Camry with K&N drop in filter if you want.

Thanks bro, is your nick is your car number?

Maybe someday u kena wave to stop, dnt panic it's just me wanted to peek into your k&N. :D

Twincharged

Thanks bro, is your nick is your car number?

Maybe someday u kena wave to stop, dnt panic it's just me wanted to peek into your k&N. :D

This number plate is on my 370z...i stayed at Siglap,give me an P.M. if you want to see my Camry.

Neutral Newbie

The air pressure sucking upwards towards the air intake permanently warped the filter, letting all kinds of dirt passed through via the sides. The centre ridge also has crack lines 2 mm wide.

• Praise 1

i always reco k&n af to friends who only looking for budget mod. you can call it a waste of money but before i first use it i abuse the car to get a 'before' feel. i put on the filter and instantly could feel the subtle 'after' difference.

placebo effect? that time my cousin next door so always borrow the car. never tell him about the af. after 2 days he ask me if i pump better petrol etc, he say the car more responsive and also nicer roar. instantly know k&n not bs. use until scrap.

you ask our drivers all got own opinion. now 2019 liao got car youtubers dyno their cars to test this age old debate which confirm k&n those type is better than stock paper filter. $130 only ~~

There is no noticeable performance increase between knn and stock air filter. You can search for youtube videos on the dyno before and after. As due to each dyno yields different results, people think the few hp increase is due to knn filter. 

how do you confirm this?

very simple, you put in stock filter drive for one week then switch to knn drive for another week. Car performance got diff?

Even if its fuel consumption its only very very small difference. 

knn air filter has no difference for normal driving on sg roads

The only noticeable performance increase is to switch to a turbo or bigger cc car. Dont fool yourself

sighhhh

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, Ooosh said:

There is no noticeable performance increase between knn and stock air filter. You can search for youtube videos on the dyno before and after. As due to each dyno yields different results, people think the few hp increase is due to knn filter. 

how do you confirm this?

very simple, you put in stock filter drive for one week then switch to knn drive for another week. Car performance got diff?

The only noticeable performance increase is to switch to a turbo or bigger cc car. Dont fool yourself

sighhhh

Sound a tad louder if its open pod.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, Ooosh said:

how do you confirm this?

sighhhh

I only know KNN this kinda oil clean air filter is very BAD for modern cars!! Because today car is full of sensor and the oil under sir pressure when you rev will dirty the air flow sensor and give you CEL in the long run!

41 minutes ago, D3badge said:

I only know KNN this kinda oil clean air filter is very BAD for modern cars!! Because today car is full of sensor and the oil under sir pressure when you rev will dirty the air flow sensor and give you CEL in the long run!

You have to clean it once every 3 months.  If you are on the ball in doing this,  there should not be any issues.  When re oiling it, dun use too much oil. A little goes a long way.

Just bought k and n air filter to try out, spent 15 plus mins under the sun struggling trying to take out the old stock air filter from the air box due to the tight engine bay. Part of my stock air box cover chipped off from removing the old filter Finally got the old paper filter out and put in the k and n one. It’s thinner than the stock filter. Cost 110 sgd from speed works shop. So far pick up between 1,000 to 3000 rpm feels slightly better. 

A9E5CAA6-701F-4D2D-A41A-7E901A540E51.jpeg

B6B6BD00-D251-446C-A9CE-E76056D9C5E4.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Just bought k and n air filter to try out, spent 15 plus mins under the sun struggling trying to take out the old stock air filter from the air box due to the tight engine bay. Part of my stock air box cover chipped off from removing the old filter Finally got the old paper filter out and put in the k and n one. It’s thinner than the stock filter. Cost 110 sgd from speed works shop. So far pick up between 1,000 to 3000 rpm feels slightly better. 

just make sure every now and then u take out to do maintenance

clean , dry , oil.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, paulpraveen23 said:

I dont know, my previous SS drop in filter is almost clean all the time, even after 10K Km.

Go for engine flush next servicing 😂😂😂