• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was thinking which one to buy. dizzy.gif
Can any expert bro Pls share your experience on stainless steel air filter.
Really got improve on power? idea.gif

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I dont know, my previous SS drop in filter is almost clean all the time, even after 10K Km.

At the most wash with mama lemon to remove the surface dust.

K&N requires some maintenance to remove old and recoat fresh red oil. Some how, can see the dirt after 5-10K km.

Sorry, make you more confused.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My 8 yrs++ Camry is using K&N drop in filter from new,no power increase,but need to clean every 20,000 Km...my 370z just fitted an HKS R-suction system[open pod],power is noticeable much better,but costs $1750.00.
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I dont know, my previous SS drop in filter is almost clean all the time, even after 10K Km.

At the most wash with mama lemon to remove the surface dust.

K&N requires some maintenance to remove old and recoat fresh red oil. Some how, can see the dirt after 5-10K km.

Sorry, make you more confused.

Bro wat is ss?
seriously I really confuse liao wacko.gif

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My 8 yrs++ Camry is using K&N drop in filter from new,no power increase,but need to clean every 20,000 Km...my 370z just fitted an HKS R-suction system[open pod],power is noticeable much better,but costs $1750.00.

Some people say the paper filter can keep engine cleaner huh?

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro wat is ss?
seriously I really confuse liao wacko.gif

I think SS is Stainless Steel Hurricane Drop in filter.
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some people say the paper filter can keep engine cleaner huh?

Yes,of course,OEM paper filter are the best...!
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SS Hurricane air filter from Avante after 50k.

The air pressure sucking upwards towards the air intake permanently warped the filter, letting all kinds of dirt passed through via the sides. The centre ridge also has crack lines 2 mm wide.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hurricane SS filter doesn't keep the dust from entering engine, as many drivers testify that the filter is as clean as new after driving for so long. Where have the dust gone to? Into the engine lor

K&N is still the better choice. Yes it traps the dust. U can see the dust. Yes it's troublesome to clean. But it's a happy problem, coz it proves that the filter is working in keeping the dust from engine

K&N has been around for ages. Proven for so long.

Power? It's subjective la. But it definitely reduce the low end torque and it's better in high end torque, compared to stock paper filter. It's my butt.

This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Bro, IMHO, stay stock. At most settle for k&n. Ss filter doesn't filter well. Hold filter above head n b4 ceiling light u will know how big pores are... Then compare w k&n n ur orig paper. My prev ride ken a cel occasionally after some time for usin ss filter.
FS

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Civic6656
  • Premium member
    Civic6656
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For me I uses un-oiled K&N.
Posted Image

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hurricane SS filter doesn't keep the dust from entering engine, as many drivers testify that the filter is as clean as new after driving for so long. Where have the dust gone to? Into the engine lor

K&N is still the better choice. Yes it traps the dust. U can see the dust. Yes it's troublesome to clean. But it's a happy problem, coz it proves that the filter is working in keeping the dust from engine

K&N has been around for ages. Proven for so long.

Power? It's subjective la. But it definitely reduce the low end torque and it's better in high end torque, compared to stock paper filter. It's my butt.

Bro me dnt understand wat u mean by low end torque n high end torque lei. blink.gif
Me just know, start engine, put"D", release brake n move off. blush.gif
Do u mind educate me a bit more.
Thanks biggrin.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The air pressure sucking upwards towards the air intake permanently warped the filter, letting all kinds of dirt passed through via the sides. The centre ridge also has crack lines 2 mm wide.

Wow so jia lat,
I think hurricane abit dangerous ya knife.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wow so jia lat,
I think hurricane abit dangerous ya knife.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Thanks all bro for advise.
It's seem like stay stock is best advise.
thumbsup.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

By now you would have gotten the meaning that ss =stainless steel.

Its always a hard decision to make between better filtration for long term engine protection against better trottle response.

I am using stock air filter these few years.

Read that oiled sponge air filter is even better. But its not available for everyday cars.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bro, you mod engine or stone went into airduct

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

By now you would have gotten the meaning that ss =stainless steel.

Its always a hard decision to make between better filtration for long term engine protection against better trottle response.

I am using stock air filter these few years.

Read that oiled sponge air filter is even better. But its not available for everyday cars.

I think I'll stay stock after reading so many comment about ss thumbsup.gif
Dnt wan my camry go see doctor.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    Supercharged
    Author Image

For me I uses un-oiled K&N.

I have been driving for more than 30 years, had used all kind of accessories / tuner/s / amp and enhancers for car,

One day a truly experienced mechanic i know told me no car need no enhancer whatso-ever to increase speed / fuel-saver or any filter to increase air-flow / whatever you called it. Total waste of money, it hardly work, only psychologically in your brain.

A simple explanation was ; He even told me to remove the wiper-spray noozer filled with soapy water with plain water instead, his reason, the more we spray with soapy water, the wind-screen becomes more blurred & dirty.

Amazingly, it work best with clear water 20 years on, Not so sure about K&N filter, convincingly yes, but many motorist has doubts though

Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Camry is also very common in MY.
Parts are cheaper there.
You can get a few pieces more and replace them at shorter intervals.

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: k&n, hurricane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users