K&N or Hurricane or works stainless steel air filter.

Camrytron

For me I uses un-oiled K&N.

I have been driving for more than 30 years, had used all kind of accessories / tuner/s / amp and enhancers for car,

One day a truly experienced mechanic i know told me no car need no enhancer whatso-ever to increase speed / fuel-saver or any filter to increase air-flow / whatever you called it. Total waste of money, it hardly work, only psychologically in your brain.

A simple explanation was ; He even told me to remove the wiper-spray noozer filled with soapy water with plain water instead, his reason, the more we spray with soapy water, the wind-screen becomes more blurred & dirty.

Amazingly, it work best with clear water 20 years on, Not so sure about K&N filter, convincingly yes, but many motorist has doubts though

↡ Advertisement

Camry is also very common in MY.

Parts are cheaper there.

You can get a few pieces more and replace them at shorter intervals.

Camry is also very common in MY.

Parts are cheaper there.

You can get a few pieces more and replace them at shorter intervals.

The yi-xuan in sgcarstore selling original camry air filter for only $15.it's already very reasonable price liao.

Even change every servicing also no problem. :D

Twincharged

Bro me dnt understand wat u mean by low end torque n high end torque lei. :blink:

Me just know, start engine, put"D", release brake n move off. [blush]

Do u mind educate me a bit more.

Low end torque means pick up from stop,there is no such thing as high end torque,only know as high end horse power,it means top speed..anyway my Camry K&N serve me well these years...no problem.

Low end torque means pick up from stop,there is no such thing as high end torque,only know as high end horse power,it means top speed..anyway my Camry K&N serve me well these years...no problem.

Oic, learn one new thing today.

I have used Hurricane SS and K&N (close pod).

You have to reset ECU in order for its mapping to adapt to the new air flow and make any sense.

K&N is washable using its cleaner/refresh liquid while Hurricane can just use water and detergent.

Between the two, Hurricane SS offer lesser filtration so dust particles might still go thru.

There is a difference (if not pony power) between paper stock filter and aftermarket in terms of air flow.

All have pros and cons.

Stock is good but need to replace very often. If u think only need to replace during servicing then u must believe the amount of dust and dirt trapped is insignificant..which then blows away the arguement that lots of dirt and dust gets into the engine if using a ss filter. anyway best you open up urself and is can visually see very dirty...block liao

Ss filter definately got difference...at very least butt feels better. Those that change to ss from a dirty stock filter surr will feel lots of difference. The sound also more shiok. Actual performance....nobody done real test. Many test is with new clean stock vs ss vs knn...but nobody did after 2k km.....my stock after 2k is dirty as hell...lots of construction around me. In my case best will be stock and replace very often.

Never tried knn..but heard is the middle ground....hurricane is fun...worth trying even if its just for the sound..the car sounds faster....

Supersonic

Bro, you mod engine or stone went into airduct

No. I took this out for someone who wants me to check his air filter.

After looking at it, he agreed to change back to stock. [laugh]

Supersonic

Thanks all bro for advise.

It's seem like stay stock is best advise.

[thumbsup]

Stock is the best. The best in filtration.

That's why no cars comes stock with "performance" filter.

The dirt they passed through is like sand blasting your engine internals.

Soon you get the leaks, the loss of compressions, etc.

Warranty certainly will not cover these kind of induced damage.

SS Hurricane air filter from Avante after 50k.

The air pressure sucking upwards towards the air intake permanently warped the filter, letting all kinds of dirt passed through via the sides. The centre ridge also has crack lines 2 mm wide.

never take care properly and very likely damaged during removal and installation. not sure of ur friend's Avante, My Altis box is quite tight if i dont remove the the air tube and the connected wirings to the sensor (have to hold the cover up firm & can only do so at an angle with the edge pointing down the center of where the filter is, slip the filter in a tight slot and make sure in correct orientation and sitting correctly on the groove, and carefully cover back...if not careful the edge of the cover will crush the filter,SS or paper filter will not survive that....that picture very shows that very likely not properly installed, cause one may not notice the cover have damaged the filter when closing back.

Air filter can also be damaged during removal if person is lazy like me, just open the airbox and remove filter....

Neutral Newbie

The key benefit of using Hurricane or K&N is cost savings in the long run. IIRC, K&N claimed its good for 80,000km before any cleaning. But most Singapore cars run for only 5-10 years with low mileage (<20,000 km/year) .. I think must use >10 years to be worth.

This one is pretty subjective.i used to use hurricane for abt 60k on my avante. My colleagues uses the same car as me.everytime we go servicing,my engine oil looks more dirtier than his.even though we chNged previously same time

I have since went back to stock. Yes,u will fid that ur low end performance affected but at 90k mileage and current sky high coe,u wanna do all ucan to make ur car at tip top health

Supercharged

Oic, learn one new thing today.

Yes. Low end torque is pick up speed

From my layman knowledge and experience, aftermarket filters will reduce Yr pick up speed, but it will improve your high speed. You know for some cars, when it reaches 120km or more, the engine has no more power or 'breathe' to go to higher speed. It is apparent in smaller cc cars. This is where K&N comes in. It will allow the engine to have more 'breathe' to push to higher speed.

So it is really useful in long distance highway such as NS highway.

And another thing, aftermarket filter will give abit more 'roar' noise in the engine. So if u are those ppl who like quiet quiet ride, aftermarket is not for u.

If u r driving a camry, I think u don't need any aftermarket filter anyway. It's a 2000 cc. More than enough for long distance high speed.

I'm been using K&N for many years, closed and open pod.

For our city driving, best is use stock filter. Pick up speed is more important than anything.

I use K&N coz of the roar noise that I like. :)

Taking about K&N, I just realize I may have to take it out for a wash now. Hahahaha

Yes. Low end torque is pick up speed

From my layman knowledge and experience, aftermarket filters will reduce Yr pick up speed, but it will improve your high speed. You know for some cars, when it reaches 120km or more, the engine has no more power or 'breathe' to go to higher speed. It is apparent in smaller cc cars. This is where K&N comes in. It will allow the engine to have more 'breathe' to push to higher speed.

So it is really useful in long distance highway such as NS highway.

And another thing, aftermarket filter will give abit more 'roar' noise in the engine. So if u are those ppl who like quiet quiet ride, aftermarket is not for u.

If u r driving a camry, I think u don't need any aftermarket filter anyway. It's a 2000 cc. More than enough for long distance high speed.

I'm been using K&N for many years, closed and open pod.

For our city driving, best is use stock filter. Pick up speed is more important than anything.

I use K&N coz of the roar noise that I like. :)

Taking about K&N, I just realize I may have to take it out for a wash now. Hahahaha

Thanks bro very details & i had already ordered the original paper filter & waiting to change on my next servicing..

like what u mention,its noisy so its out for me..

Supercharged

Thanks bro very details & i had already ordered the original paper filter & waiting to change on my next servicing..

Good for u, bro. Always buy what u really need.

Twincharged

Drop in K&N are not noisy,only open pod is noisy....well Camrytron,are you in S'pore.?I can show you my Camry with K&N drop in filter if you want.

Was thinking which one to buy. [dizzy]

Can any expert bro Pls share your experience on stainless steel air filter.

Really got improve on power? [idea]

I have been using K & N since the early 90's, now still using it on my current ride.

Filtration is better then the SS filter and of course the best filtration will be stock paper filter.

it's up to you, less filtration = more power and vice versa, less filtation = more dirt into engine combustion chamber and vice versa

↡ Advertisement