Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

DR350 video quality deteriorating over time?

Not at all. It has been rock stable since I changed to the latest firmware 2 months ago. Prior to that I still get the SD card not detected message which will require a re-formating of the card. I do not get such message anymore.

Here's some new Korean Firmware...for the 400G If you use Chrome as your browser it offers to

translate these Korean page to English...helps

http://www.blackvue.com/contents/sub3.asp?...&searchstr=

Also says in English

* I apologize for any inconvenience.

Some problems are a set of firmware is expected to soon be jaeeopdeyiteu.

firmware upgrade caused the problem by recognizing if you please use the SD card formatted.

Our products always aeyonghaeju soft pita sigo, Thank you for your interest.

BlackVue DR400G-HD firmware V1.044 (integrated software V2.021) has been upgraded.

[Note] This F / W the DR400G-HD only. After confirming the model, the model use.

[Major modifications]

A. System stabilization

Not at all. It has been rock stable since I changed to the latest firmware 2 months ago. Prior to that I still get the SD card not detected message which will require a re-formating of the card. I do not get such message anymore.

Erm there's a new firmware?

I rarely get the SD card not detected message though. I got it last yr.

Btw just for everyone's info, the Blackvue requires Win 7 or Vista to config, etc.

No support for XP.

Referring to the DR350 or DR380?

I have been updating my firmware/configuring my DR350 on my XP O/S. No issue.

Erm there's a new firmware?

I rarely get the SD card not detected message though. I got it last yr.

Was placed in the website about 3 months back, so cannot consider as new, but it was the latest.

• Praise 1

Referring to the DR350 or DR380?

I have been updating my firmware/configuring my DR350 on my XP O/S. No issue.

DR350. My software doesnt support Win XP, only Vista and 7. I cant even install the thing on Win XP.

Seller also said the same thing.

• Praise 1

looks like they insulated the lens for both dr400 & dr380, and probably the near future ranges. but i wonder if the heat issues still unresolved, else they no need to insulate the lens. like my dr380 still feels hot at noon but not so hot till can't touch though. donwloaded once after 2 weeks of trial and video still clear whether day / nite, no purplish tint / lines at all, all color rendition as normal, and not too bad for HD (tried still photos & still can see left / rite side veh no. plate).

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/New-BlackVue-DR...=item4ab5d89c9b

It seems that 2nd version of DR400G comes with 2 variant (local & export set). And only export set can be installed with English firmware which will be available on the 24th Aug onwards (sounds strange to me). Anyway, not to ex based on online price of about S$242 (inclusive of shipping).

Let's wait for some commandos' review :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I'm a new user here. Glad I found such an extensive topic on blackvue. I am planning to buy a couple for my car but here is my question:

Can I manually record an event while driving? So, for example, if I am driving and see something that I want to save - can I just press a button and it will save recording (couple of minutes, perhaps) into an Event folder?

I assume you can tap on the camera to get this result, but I want to know if it has the feature. Some ebay sellers list it, but I can't find confirmation of it even on Blackvue website.

thanks very much

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I'm a new user here. Glad I found such an extensive topic on blackvue. I am planning to buy a couple for my car but here is my question:

Can I manually record an event while driving? So, for example, if I am driving and see something that I want to save - can I just press a button and it will save recording (couple of minutes, perhaps) into an Event folder?

I assume you can tap on the camera to get this result, but I want to know if it has the feature. Some ebay sellers list it, but I can't find confirmation of it even on Blackvue website.

thanks very much

Don't think so leh. The moment you power it on, it can be either in "parking" or "normal" mode. For parking mode, the recording is triggered by motion whereas for "normal" mode, it recording continuously.

The only way is to install an ON/OFF switch in between the blackvue unit and power magic/battery. However, it takes about 30secs to boot up and you may miss some crucial footage.

Neutral Newbie

Don't think so leh. The moment you power it on, it can be either in "parking" or "normal" mode. For parking mode, the recording is triggered by motion whereas for "normal" mode, it recording continuously.

The only way is to install an ON/OFF switch in between the blackvue unit and power magic/battery. However, it takes about 30secs to boot up and you may miss some crucial footage.

thanks for your reply. But what I really meant is this: Lets say that I'm driving and the camera is on and is continuously recording. I want to save a video of something that I see so that I can view it later. I don't want the camera to overwrite it. I understand that it has this feature in the parking mode - if someone hits your car, it saves 2-3 minutes into a separate Event folder and doesn't get overwritten. But can you do the same manually while in the normal mode?

Thank you for ur help

Neutral Newbie

Juz got the korean version of DR400-HD II from ebay. Overall similar to Gen 1 but only in Korean fw now. Powered up for 15 mins and the outer case already feels hot to hold in hand. I don't have Gen 1 so can't really compare with. My previous version is DR300. Need to run a few days to see if those symptoms like hangs or lens blurr still exists.

I have taken some photos of the PCB inside, will upload it later.

• Praise 1

Juz got the korean version of DR400-HD II from ebay. Overall similar to Gen 1 but only in Korean fw now. Powered up for 15 mins and the outer case already feels hot to hold in hand. I don't have Gen 1 so can't really compare with. My previous version is DR300. Need to run a few days to see if those symptoms like hangs or lens blurr still exists.

I have taken some photos of the PCB inside, will upload it later.

oops...dont sounds quite right....

• Praise 1