Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i have the same query regarding the need for Power Magic.

If i do not have Power Magic installed, what is the safe period of time for the Blackvue to be running with the car engine off, without draining the car battery? 12 hours will be good enough for me... anyone knows?

Hi everyone, I just got my first black vue 380 and would like to seek some advice on the following:

1) Is the power pro necessary if I drive my car everyday. I will use the parking mode for approx 12 hours and I'm off to work...

2) Does anyone has overheating problems? Mine heats up really quickly after 2-3 hours of use! So I am just setting it to event and parking mode recording.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

If i do not have Power Magic installed, what is the safe period of time for the Blackvue to be running with the car engine off, without draining the car battery? 12 hours will be good enough for me... anyone knows?

i thought its using the lighter port..when engine off...its also off?

Neutral Newbie

The cam can also be hardwired to the fusebox to supply power for it to continue running even if the car engine is off. But that risk draining the car battery.

Depends on the size of ur car battery. 45AH??? 65AH??? A safe guide would be not more than 8hrs. The blackvue, HD version, consumes lots of juice and converts most of it to heat.

Neutral Newbie

Wah.. 8 hours is very short. not even safe for overnight. I am looking at the old dr350 though.. which uses less power. My stock Latio Sport battery should be 45AH. Is there any formula to calculate?

Wah.. 8 hours is very short. not even safe for overnight. I am looking at the old dr350 though.. which uses less power. My stock Latio Sport battery should be 45AH. Is there any formula to calculate?

Formula is P = IV

U will need to know the DR350, ur car alarm and misc consumption.

Neutral Newbie

Haha.. what is P and what is IV? I dont have car alarm but my latio is keyless entry and crank, should use some power as well. According to Blackvue SG website, DR350 uses max 3W.

The cam can also be hardwired to the fusebox to supply power for it to continue running even if the car engine is off. But that risk draining the car battery.

Does that mean that you have to cut the cigarette lighter plug that comes with the DVR and connect to the fuse directly? OR it come with another cable?

Neutral Newbie

Clicking the link confirm i do not have basic electricity knowledge... But i am not trying to install Power Magic myself if that is what you mean. Just want to see if anyone know from knowledge or experience how long the cam can stay on w/o draining the batt.

If really 8 hours then no choice have to get Power Magic if want to use Parking mode...

Neutral Newbie

Does that mean that you have to cut the cigarette lighter plug that comes with the DVR and connect to the fuse directly? OR it come with another cable?

Not 100% sure but i think it comes with another cable. Need more knowledgeable ones to confirm.

U can buy a female cig plug and wire is directly to ur car battery. No need to cut off the existing cig plug from the car camera charger.

Clicking the link confirm i do not have basic electricity knowledge... But i am not trying to install Power Magic myself if that is what you mean. Just want to see if anyone know from knowledge or experience how long the cam can stay on w/o draining the batt.

If really 8 hours then no choice have to get Power Magic if want to use Parking mode...

I used to do that for my non-HD car cameras. Connect the camera directly to the car battery and ensure to drive the car every alternate days to ensure enough capacity in the battery. Each driving per day has to be at least 1 to 2hrs to keep the battery fully charged.

If not driving, unplug the connector to prevent draining of the car battery.

My non-HD car camera draws ard 1-2watts of power only. But the HD ones draw 2-3watts of power.

U can buy a female cig plug and wire is directly to ur car battery. No need to cut off the existing cig plug from the car camera charger.

Hi Adrianli...where can i buy the female cig plug? I was think to wire it direct to my cabin fuse..

Adrian. Is the sansui full HD camera sold in Xtra( today's paper pag 39) any good?

Its a budget car cam. Able to capture stuff but dont expect sharp images.

Hi Adrianli...where can i buy the female cig plug? I was think to wire it direct to my cabin fuse..

Sim Lim Tower, plenty. Almost every other shop that sells accessories sells it. Price range from $2.50 to 3.50. I was there yesterday only. :D

bro adrian

pardon me to ask a electrical question here.

I have a 3-pin charger INPUT is 110-240VAC 50/60Hz 0.5A Max, OUTPUT is DC5V 1500mA

My device to be charged got INPUT SPEC of 12V DC and OUTPUT is 5V, 1.5V

Question, is it safe for me to use my 3-pin charger (charger is salvaged from my older mobile phone) to charge this device? I worried it will be over/under power (pardon me, i dun know much about power)

thanks.

Edited by Mysportwish
↡ Advertisement