Can't speed on NSHW ....

Ben5266

QUOTE (Ben5266 @ Jul 19 2012, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
M'sia's new enforcement system to catch more speeding motoris

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...719-359968.html

"The AES will use about 800 fixed and 500 portable cameras to monitor traffic in 831 "black spots" located along highways as well as state and federal roads."

Can't speed on NSHW soon...

Wahhhhhhhhh..... 800 fixed cameras, the company going round changing those film sure make money .... bounce2.gif

Company contractors can contact offender to 'settle' the offence liao....

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

What speed clocked by them to demand RM.5000 ? PM me if you do need my help [nod]

No need Uncle Fong. They let me off with a warning :D:D:D

I can't believe my eyes reading the construction of the comments here.. In Singapore, everyone is so afraid of the rules, scared of summons.. But when we are outside the country, why is it that we look down so much onto the law and their enforcers? There are corrupt ones and I personally know of very honest ones who live on an honest livings as they are religious people (And Islam takes very serious view on bribery).. The sick mentality of being able to buy anyone outside our country is really unreasonable.. If you dare to speed and flout rules, be prepared and come clean when you are caught... I also speed, and I'm a regular on NSHW, I am prepared if I get caught and always ask for summon nicely instead of bribing my way through, it is just respect for others' law, the enforcers and ourselves lah..

I agree with SuPerBoRed who said

"I totally agree that if i speed--> got caught--> receive summon--> pay up and move on, no grouses. But that is not the case in Malaysia for me on a personal basis. (caught twice)

what is irritating is, stopped at road block-- Get 300RM summon OR pad his pocket with kopi $$

i did NOT offer to pay him off... "

One of my encounters;
Two Cars travelling together to KL for a conference.
My colleague drove a Volvo , Me 280S.
Volvo was just ahead of me passed the road block but I was stopped for speeding. They would NOT be persuaded on my insistence that i was within speed limit, 110kmh. Ahead about 100 was the Volvo waiting, they can see.
These are the corrupt ones but honest ones only you have met la,

Malaysia working on blacklist of Singapore drivers
Repeat traffic offenders could be blocked from entering the country
PUBLISHED ON NOV 13, 2014
BY SHANNON TEOH MALAYSIA CORRESPONDENT IN KUALA LUMPUR
The new electronic system aims to rein in drivers from the Republic who flout rules with no fear of punishment, Road Safety Department (RSD) chief Tam Weng Wah told The Straits Times on Tuesday. -- PHOTO: ST FILE
The Malaysian authorities have been working on a system to blacklist repeat traffic offenders from Singapore and block them from driving into Malaysia, an official here said, following a car crash that killed Hong Leong scion Kwek Kon Chun on Sunday.
While the cause of the crash is still unknown, it has sparked an outcry against Singaporean drivers, who are accused of speeding recklessly on Malaysian roads.
The new electronic system aims to rein in drivers from the Republic who flout rules with no fear of punishment, Road Safety Department (RSD) chief Tam Weng Wah told The Straits Times on Tuesday.
According to the Auditor-General's Report 2013, Singapore-registered vehicles topped the list of foreign vehicles that were issued summonses between 2011 and last year, with about 84,000 of the 120,000 summonses issued going to Singapore vehicles.
Out of the 84,000 summonses issued, however, Singaporeans paid just 12,000 - or less than 15 per cent - leaving RM7.63 million (S$3 million) still due.
Malaysians, on the other hand, face graver consequences of not paying fines, such as having their licences revoked. They have settled 6.7 million out of 16.2 million fines - about 40 per cent - during the same period.
Sunday's crash was the latest high-profile incident involving Singaporean sports cars on Malaysian roads, following a December 2013 accident which resulted in three flaming Lamborghinis.
These have sparked allegations among Malaysians that visitors from the Republic regard roads here as "race tracks" to drive on. Some even said the two who died "asked for it".
Mr Kwek - who is the nephew of Hong Leong chairman Kwek Leng Beng - reportedly lost control of his Porsche 911 Turbo and crashed while on the way to Kuala Lumpur from a Sepang drag racing event.
The accident killed the 35-year-old nightclub owner, and passenger Franco Toh, 43.
Malaysian police said the car may have been travelling at a high speed.
RSD's Mr Tam said that road transport authorities have been working on an electronic mechanism to blacklist and suspend foreign drivers if they fail to pay their fines - which cost between RM150 and RM300 for speeding and parking offences.
He said this would work in tandem with the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system that Malaysia wants to introduce on Singapore-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor Baru by the end of the year.
The VEP fee is reportedly RM50, but implementation details are still unconfirmed.
Malaysian traffic summonses can be paid online or at post offices and police stations, but many Singaporeans ignore them, as there is little repercussion.
Malaysian police have in the past tried to reclaim summonses issued to Singaporeans, by setting up roadblocks to check Singaporean cars.
"Regardless of whether you are Malaysian or not, you should pay the penalty. But for some who own expensive cars, the fine is nothing, so we may suspend repeat offenders," said Mr Tam.
He added that the law already allows for jail sentences should a court judge deem an offence as dangerous driving that caused or could cause fatalities.
Police are also looking to install Automated Number Plate Recognition equipment that will help track foreign vehicles.
Background story

NUMBER OF OFFENCES - 84,000

Number of Singapore-registered vehicles issued summonses between 2011 and 2013 - 12,000

Number of those who paid the fines

Out of the 84,000 summonses issued, however, Singaporeans paid just 12,000 - or less than 15 per cent - leaving RM7.63 million (S$3 million) still due.

Generate a new Vehicle Registration Number: $140. All summons go poof with the old number. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

seriously doubt they would realli do dat....loss of revenue leh

but i thought they already practice that, if you dun pay the fine you can still get in but can't get out until you pay the fine :huh:

Cannot count like that lah. Although only 12k out of 84k summonses were paid, but so many undeclared ones unaccounted for. I suspect the ratio of legitimate summon:kopi $ is 1:10. Ie for every 1 legit summon issued, 9 could have been issued but settled with kopi $.

But it's understandable why bolehland wants to do this because the top rungs do not get a cut from the kopi $. Now if they implement this, may be able to cull back some of those lost revenue that will eventually line their own pockets. Bolehland politicians don't think of economy or impact to Johoreans livelihoods one. Their policies are just to line their own pockets. Just like the tolls increase, they nvr think of impact to the economy but just want to squeeze more toll fees.

but i thought they already practice that, if you dun pay the fine you can still get in but can't get out until you pay the fine :huh:

But the article stated that they intend to block vehicles from entering MY leh.

Let's see if they hab the balls to do it lo.

• Praise 9

They used to have custom blocks before leaving Malaysia custom.............but I think they have stopped that for quite some time liao...................even they stop you..............if no money to pay also unlikely they will not allow you to leave..............if not the whole place will be jam up............

now they are talking about reject entry................means U-TURN back to Singapore.............

• Praise 3

They used to have custom blocks before leaving Malaysia custom.............but I think they have stopped that for quite some time liao...................even they stop you..............if no money to pay also unlikely they will not allow you to leave..............if not the whole place will be jam up............

now they are talking about reject entry................means U-TURN back to Singapore.............

i think should just do that, stop the car from coming back regardless how jam up it is. If they stop SG car from going in, they still won't get the fine pay up.

If they insist of getting the fine paid before coming back, then at least the driver LL must pay (i believe they take credit card [laugh] )

• Praise 1

i think should just do that, stop the car from coming back regardless how jam up it is. If they stop SG car from going in, they still won't get the fine pay up.

If they insist of getting the fine paid before coming back, then at least the driver LL must pay (i believe they take credit card [laugh] )

Malaysia govt knows, the tsunami of changing car is coming in the next 2 years.

They either connect now or never.... -_-

There are just that much space there at both customs (JB and 2nd link)...............how many cars can they hold up there............and by the time ppl come back most likely wallet empty liao.........no pay no go they need to build one MSCP there as holding area liao.........

if you have booked holidays...............like hotels and get aways in MY.........or you need to report for work ................or go for a meeting ..............sign a business deal...............or other reasons............what do you do if you are refuse entry............either you U turn back ...............or lanlan pay up to enter ..............

I dont think they will want to accept CC even if they have the means there..................electronic payment means no kopi liao............ [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement