Please avoid this wedding photographer...

Berncsp76

Supersonic

Actually many couples getting married this year of the Dragoon(spell like this on purpose coz of "goon" :D ). So all the good ones are probably snapped up left the prawns ah, sotongs ah and whats not. Hey, no fish, prawns ah, sotongs ah and whats not also can do lor. :D

Like this might as well ask friends to shot, i'm sure can find friends who is good in photographing. :D

↡ Advertisement

Actually I kinda pity the photographer.

I think he is definitely guilty of overselling himself but I don't think he deserves the treatment by the couple.

Looking at all the pictures available (the samples posted by the couple and those available on his FB page), it seems that he has tried his best to shoot the photos - the ones posted by the couple are probably the worst ones, and those posted by the photographer on his FB page are probably his best.

The couple did ask for RAW files without post processing for $600. Some inexperience freelancers out there tend to rely heavily on photoshop to post-process the colour/brightness/composition.

But seriously, $600 for photographer plus assistant is really peanuts. More like an insult. I was charging more when I was a young and inexperienced freelancer a long time ago....

Got the couple pic meh? Din see it leh.

Hypersonic

after quickly glance thru the writeup and his recent work, i think it is not fair to judge him when the couple never show some example.

I think one of the mistakes he made as a professional photographer is to give the couple ALL THE PHOTO TAKEN without editing/touch up.

it will be tiring for the couple to go thru all the 4000 pix when there are bound to have some pix that are repeated, slightly blur or out of focus.

Personally, my "hit rate" is about 20-30% and I still need to spend time touch up the photo before giving to the couple.

Also think his mistake to sent all the RAW pic.. As you said, even professional can't get 100% hit on all photos. And most wedding photo sure got post processing..

600 for photographer + assistant ??? too good to be true...whoever accepted it...they themself have some problem to begin with... [smash] [smash]

(edited)

after quickly glance thru the writeup and his recent work, i think it is not fair to judge him when the couple never show some example.

I think one of the mistakes he made as a professional photographer is to give the couple ALL THE PHOTO TAKEN without editing/touch up.

it will be tiring for the couple to go thru all the 4000 pix when there are bound to have some pix that are repeated, slightly blur or out of focus.

Personally, my "hit rate" is about 20-30% and I still need to spend time touch up the photo before giving to the couple.

You are absolutely right!

He shouldn't have given them all 4000 photos.

Many will be "miss" shots.

But the real problem is going to couples home who just got married

they will insist on their guest seeing all the wedding photos

It happened to me many times! Then they will insist I watch wedding

day video as well! The full screening!

Anyway if anyone want a wedding photographer, can contact me.

Just pay for the wedding day filming and I will do the wedding

night shooting for free!

:D

Edited by Jamesc

600 for photographer + assistant ??? too good to be true...whoever accepted it...they themself have some problem to begin with... [smash] [smash]

Fully agree!

have they even compare the others price? duno what to say -_-

Turbocharged

weird ah..

the intention of asking the photo is to keep the good and beautiful memories.. usually look better after processing.

why they would want to have RAW? see pimple and eye bag nice meh.. [laugh]

i suspect because of the low $600 price, the deal was for taking photos only, no selection, no editing, just hand up the whole load of raw files [sly]

but he sure got a lot of expensive gear!!! wish i got marnie buy 1dx [:(][blush][bigcry]

Turbocharged

I can only say. $600.00 for a photographer is cheap, what more got assistance.

When i got married 6 years back, a freelance one already cost me $800.00 and that is at kawan price.

There is no such thing as cheaper, better, faster [:p]

Heng arh,I'm married liao.I will take note of this if I married another wife :D

you want RAW format? :huh: i can use my iphone to shoot for you :D

Ooh, the couple got married on the same day as me. Taking 2 months to process everything seems quite a long time, not to mention the poor quality of the shots as they claimed. Also, the $600 price is peanuts, more like amateur price.

My photographer charged me around $1.8k in all, gave me the full output within 2 weeks, and some candid shots taken in the morning went up on Facebook even on the wedding day afternoon itself, when he was having half time break after lunch.

Probably reviewing a photographer's portfolio is just part of the story, getting good reviews from others is just as important. I saw with my own eyes, the photographer in action during a friend's wedding, and we liked the output so much, we engaged him for our wedding day.

hello!! mine $750 for photographer and videographer....

nothing wrong leh

Supersonic

If no need assistant, the pricing should be around $600. :D

i found some photos here but i don know which one is which one [:p]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64125859@N00/

http://calebcheong.wordpress.com/

Don't think he will put theirs up.

Looking at his portfolio seems quite ok. Probably he is not experienced with a Chinese wedding's process.

Btw thanks for the pic on the girl strapped in a racing harness. I lost quite a bit of blood via my nose [laugh]

↡ Advertisement