Avante or Forte

Ken1898

Been looking around these two model for past 2 weeks. Till now can't decide which to go for. Looking at Year 2009 model for both. Avante price is cheaper and simple, Forte is nicer and more features. Which is more reliable and durable? Plan to drive 4-5 years or even scrap.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Both brands owned by Hyundai.

Corporate marketing strategy places KIA as the 'sporty' range ... a la Audi and Hyundai as the B&B range ... a la VW.

They even got Audi's ex-designer to come up with the recent KIA designs, with a more-aggressive look and a common front grille.

I say go for KIA.

The Forte Hatchback looks very good IMHO.

Costs more than the Forte sedan too.

Been looking around these two model for past 2 weeks. Till now can't decide which to go for. Looking at Year 2009 model for both. Avante price is cheaper and simple, Forte is nicer and more features. Which is more reliable and durable? Plan to drive 4-5 years or even scrap.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Hyundai elantra. Forte will be updated soon and u'll be driving "old" car after awhile.

Neutral Newbie

If u r looking for second hand cars now..Elantra may not be a good choice as it will be expensive..i would suggest get a Forte 2nd hand..those abt 3 year old cars...

KIA for the young and sporty Gen-Y.

That's Hyundai Inc.'s product design and market-differentiation strategy, from the very start when they bought it over.

Design wise the Forte Koup looks cool for the younger set, power - or the lack of it, notwithstanding.

Even the Sportage SUV is very young-and-spritely; sleek looking.

Go for the KIA. It gets my vote.

If u r looking for second hand cars now..Elantra may not be a good choice as it will be expensive..i would suggest get a Forte 2nd hand..those abt 3 year old cars...

Agree. The Elantra looks like a lau-hiau unker car to me [:p]

If you are zeroed in on Forte, get the SX variant over EX. The price difference when bought new is around around $4k-$5k in 2009. SX has nicer trimings, more electronic stuffs, 17 in rims (including the spare).

Any common problems for both?

U can go to avante forum for the common pro. I'm driving a 08 avante. 58L If squeeze very full..if 80-20 highway u can travel Abt 650km if mainly stop start traffic, 550km plus minus.. Maintenance wise almost 4yr old, change rear shock absorber.. Normal servicing only.. Basically a basic bread & butter car I feel.. Running in timing chain by the way.. Some bro experience problem

With the steering which claim that cost $5k to change (it's Juz Wat I read on it nia) Hope my experience wit avante helps :)

Supersonic

Used avante or forte, confirmed should get the forte since the model is newer and nicer. If ok should get the 2.0L forte better, more powerful and comes with sunroof.