Home Aircon

BoneStock

If it's the fan coil unit dripping water, it's bcuz of algae build-up inside. They blocked, insulate and caused ice to form, that's where the water comes from. You would need a professional to clean up.

My fan coil was like this, i can see the greenish algae, but that was after it was removed, replaced recently with a new aircon, due to micro-gas leakage.

When I got the new aircon I opt for upgraded pipes, paid about $70 more.

The upgraded pipes are thicker, so it should render leaks obsolete like by previous aircon.

The discharge hose is also larger than standard, so algae will less chance to clog it up.

Fingers crossed, I think the upgraded pipes are worth every cent.

If you want cleaning, you can try Mr Chai

https://www.facebook.com/31cheong/?rf=662521430428158

He's a nice guy, very knowledgeable and approachable.

I bought my new aircon from Gain City. They had good price for the aircon.

How was the upgrade of the pipe done ? My problem is the pipe are concealed ....... I was thinking of rerun another trunking in worst case

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Leaking pipe ah?

Must be Pipe block again lah

Already tell you to get it suck regularly liao you don’t believe

Pipe got capacity limits one, you just regularly get clear it regularly

Now Either you pay other to do or you got to do it yourself

I always clear my pipe regularly

Just don’t use dry vacuum cleaner

Remember to use a wet vacuum cleaner to suck out all the jelly in the chocked pipe

:XD:

The most 2 units are ON (using inverter Daikin system4) ... the pipe shld be able to take the water load ba ...

I am quite sure its the pipe been blocked or somehow the water was not flowing out . Always end up flowing out from 

the master bed room ..... knn , Morning wake up I see 1 full pail of water . 

I used prof cleaner before ..... but no use la . within 1 month it come back again . 

• Praise 3

Get Simon to service your aircon and check the drainage pipes for you.

I see sometimes these aircon tech use the pressured air con refrigerant cylinders to blast it down the drainage pipe to clear the blockage. 

The most 2 units are ON (using inverter Daikin system4) ... the pipe shld be able to take the water load ba ...

I am quite sure its the pipe been blocked or somehow the water was not flowing out . Always end up flowing out from 

the master bed room ..... knn , Morning wake up I see 1 full pail of water . 

I used prof cleaner before ..... but no use la . within 1 month it come back again . 

• Praise 2

Water dripping is due to poor routing of drainage pipes. Routed well it will never backflow and leak.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Get Simon to service your aircon and check the drainage pipes for you.

I see sometimes these aircon tech use the pressured air con refrigerant cylinders to blast it down the drainage pipe to clear the blockage.

Yes ... thats what they did . But doesn't last long after the blast . So i think better to redo
  • Praise 1

Water keep dripping from the aircon unit ..... Maybe the pipe is blocked or was the layout caused the water not to flow properly.

Me gonna change a new set of Aircon ...... problem is the conceal piping

Any good contractor that can handle this ? Either rerun trunking or troubleshoot pipe also can .

I dont think I wan to tear down the whole place just to replace the piping . Anyway its a Lease Hold rite ..... :grin:

If u hv been using aircon for few yrs, then the installation is not faulty. Over time, scum will build up in pipes. Those low gradient piping will get slower flow and eventually backflow.

Simply find the hole where the pipe drains away. Usually at the floor trap area. Use a wet dry vacuum n suck out the pipe. This will remove a lot of gel like scum. This maintenance can last abt 1yr before backflow occurs again.

How was the upgrade of the pipe done ? My problem is the pipe are concealed ....... I was thinking of rerun another trunking in worst case

If your pipe is concealed, then need to take it out and replaced.

Unfortunately, the cost may be high.

Got a company to chemical wash my indoor units last week. When the technician came he got a shock when he tried to work on my indoor unit. Went to check the compressor and told me that a wire short and need to replace the compressor. Quoted me $1.8K for a new one and $900 for a re-con unit. I paid him $30 for his transport fee and sent him away. Seek a second opinion and the tech guy checked and did something to the compressor and no more current leaks.

• Praise 2

what's wrong with so many of the aircon installers sia?

worse is some of them are sub con to major coys like best denki, europace, trentios etc. So if u buy from them, u sure kana some of this fishy sub cons...I know best and europace uses Twin city 

what can we do? just dont buy from them lor. sigh.

what's wrong with so many of the aircon installers sia?

worse is some of them are sub con to major coys like best denki, europace, trentios etc. So if u buy from them, u sure kana some of this fishy sub cons...I know best and europace uses Twin city

what can we do? just dont buy from them lor. sigh.

Hmm seems like some sub cons really are out to con!! Hahha.

LG just make sure service properly and keep your receipt for warranty, used to be at LG there. If not serviced regularly depending on problem LG can say void warranty, but I guess this is same for other brands (used to work at LG for a very very short while).

Anyone can share more information about Daikin vs MHI vs ME for reliability? Low usage, usually only for very hot day or haze. My house York almost 20 years le but I heard York is now not as good and outsourced to same factory as Midea. My living room Toshiba 10plus year gg already so don't recommend Toshiba pls :)

refreshing an old thread as I need to get a 18000 btu unit for a 1 to 1 aircon.

Any recommendation?

Room aircon is sanyo and I heard they have stop making aircon. So My mother board died and need a aircon replacement

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

will 9k but be good enough for bedroom in HDB 3 room flat ?

coz now got offer for 12k btu ...diff only $120.

btw, I am doing replacement installation only … don't want to do re-piping … else look like warzone.

• Praise 1

will 9k but be good enough for bedroom in HDB 3 room flat ?

coz now got offer for 12k btu ...diff only $120.

btw, I am doing replacement installation only ⦠don't want to do re-piping ⦠else look like warzone.

9k is enough. 12k is for mbr if u really need...

Twincharged

9k is enough. 12k is for mbr if u really need...

the 9k is from Panasonic(xs series), elect $437/yr

the 12k is MHI. elect $525/yr

hardware diff is $120.

but now I see the quote again … the pana is 18k powering 2 x 9k units.

whereas the MHI is a 21k powering 2 x 12k units … which means when both on, only 1 will run at 12k.

I think i'll be prudent and just get the Panasonic … furthermore I set my a/c at 28deg only.

Twincharged

the 9k is from Panasonic(xs series), elect $437/yr

the 12k is MHI. elect $525/yr

hardware diff is $120.

but now I see the quote again … the pana is 18k powering 2 x 9k units.

whereas the MHI is a 21k powering 2 x 12k units … which means when both on, only 1 will run at 12k.

I think i'll be prudent and just get the Panasonic … furthermore I set my a/c at 28deg only.

i have learnt that the most efficient method is to have the fan coil unit aimed at the location you will be at. This way you cool the exact area you need the fastest. Conduction of air is very poor, unless you have a big fan circulating the air, it will take much longer for the area to cool if the fan coil does not face it directly. 

I have as much as possible sited all my room aircon to face the areas you are most often at.

Twincharged

i have learnt that the most efficient method is to have the fan coil unit aimed at the location you will be at. This way you cool the exact area you need the fastest. Conduction of air is very poor, unless you have a big fan circulating the air, it will take much longer for the area to cool if the fan coil does not face it directly.

I have as much as possible sited all my room aircon to face the areas you are most often at.

I don't know why... But last time I will on both aircon and fan in the room and temp will be just nice.

But a few months back, my fan broke down and I can only have the aircon on... Guess what? The room is colder without the fan blowing!

↡ Advertisement