Car camera recommendation

Pelican

I second this. I'm a fan of Xiaomi's car cams too, they are cheap, high quality and reliable. I already have to use it once when I was rear ended at a red light.

Pity they don't do front and back. Was thinking of installing two cameras... but they're separate streams... not sure if can be installed like that or not... it's a much cheaper solution to what I have now... how did you get the footage of the rear since the camera is front facing and you got rear-ended? Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

Pity they don't do front and back. Was thinking of installing two cameras... but they're separate streams... not sure if can be installed like that or not... it's a much cheaper solution to what I have now... how did you get the footage of the rear since the camera is front facing and you got rear-ended?

Oh yes it's only a front camera. The camera showed that I was already stationary for a period of time and then the car jerked forward during the impact. That was sufficient evidence. There was no contest from the bus company. 

I second this. I'm a fan of Xiaomi's car cams too, they are cheap, high quality and reliable. I already have to use it once when I was rear ended at a red light. 

Can they be remotely connected to a HP app?

I will recommend Goluk M1 with GPS, Live monitoring, 3G, Remote control, Goluk Care App, 24hours security, Parking Mode.. I used this around 1yr.. Everything goods, Video Quality very clear

Can they be remotely connected to a HP app?

They have their own android mobile app. You can change settings using the app or onboard camera. Firmware update is done via the app too, I've done a few times and its very stable. Connection is by wifi. Don't try transferring data through wifi though, takes forever. Jus pop the sd card info your pc is the best way to transfer media.

They have their own android mobile app. You can change settings using the app or onboard camera. Firmware update is done via the app too, I've done a few times and its very stable. Connection is by wifi. Don't try transferring data through wifi though, takes forever. Jus pop the sd card info your pc is the best way to transfer media.

Thanks man.

Turbocharged

Thanks man.

I have two new sets. i can lend you one set to play with it.

i bought it last month during their promo S$25.60 per set.

I have two new sets. i can lend you one set to play with it.

i bought it last month during their promo S$25.60 per set.

Do you intend to mount one front and one back? Is that why you have 2 sets? Do let me know... cos I was very interested in the Xiaomi car cams but due to not having a rear channel, I decided not to follow up... interested in how to connect it up and concealed cos I understand the connection is done via USB cables and not the usual link to the fuse box...

Turbocharged

I already have two sets mounted front/rear of my car.

These two extra sets is to bring overseas when I rent car in Australia and new Zealand.

Just spoke to a colleague about this, realise it depends on what you want. For him the file writing process has to be protected in the event of a power cut, otherwise the file before an accident may be corrupted. Some want front and rear so they can be passive witnesses. Some want GPS to add another layer of evidence in case of accident. Some want 24-hour recording. So I guess you need to know your requirements really well. 

Just spoke to a colleague about this, realise it depends on what you want. For him the file writing process has to be protected in the event of a power cut, otherwise the file before an accident may be corrupted. Some want front and rear so they can be passive witnesses. Some want GPS to add another layer of evidence in case of accident. Some want 24-hour recording. So I guess you need to know your requirements really well.

High recommended car dashcam - Goluk M1 with above function and others useful function

Does anyone have the price of the Blackvue DR590W Wifi edition single channel? I may be getting one for my used car.

Recommend you to get 2CH if you can. Dangers lurk not only from the front these days.