Car camera recommendation

Pelican

Thanks bro, but abit out of my league eh. I think pretty expensive for a dash camera.

My tight budget is about $450? can get decent one?

Definitely cheaper the better but quality must still be reasonable.

Then go for Blackvue DR750S two channel, front and back. I am using this one. Very good clarity at night and with 60fps, can capture fast moving object. It comes with cloud function also so u can view ur car surroundings remotely and even if your car is stolen, you will know its gps location.

If you want parking mode and cloud function, you need to install battery. It is as expensive as the camera. I have both. Also an additional sim card and wifi dongle for cloud function.

↡ Advertisement

Oh come on, if I want to buy all these 3 at once, do I still need to ask for opinion?

#facepalm

Got parking mode?

Anyway, if want see behind, got rear camera option?

Got parking mode?

Anyway, if want see behind, got rear camera option?

590 also got 2 channels.

Then go for Blackvue DR750S two channel, front and back. I am using this one. Very good clarity at night and with 60fps, can capture fast moving object. It comes with cloud function also so u can view ur car surroundings remotely and even if your car is stolen, you will know its gps location.

If you want parking mode and cloud function, you need to install battery. It is as expensive as the camera. I have both. Also an additional sim card and wifi dongle for cloud function.

Me also same set up as yours. What's your opinion on the Blackvue cloud? I am kind of disappointed. It takes awhile before my phone receive notice. And it will take another some time before the video will "appear" in the cloud. By then rice cooked already. Its so unlike what I saw in advertisement in TV....

Oh btw the guy who steal your car will remove the cables for your camera... So it's not really helpful for theft detection.

Edited by Kinklpet

Hii everyone,

Currently, my Nissan Slyphy using china brand dash camera. The quality is bad...

Any car camera to recommend??

Heard from my friend that Blackvue, IROAD and Thinkware is the brand i should consider.

Need helpp!!!!! GAM XIA

I was on iroad V7 and then Blackvue DR750. The image quality of DR750 is indeed better also w more features. My V7 was not so stable, keep shutting down and re-start by itself, quite irritating. I understand that the trouble is caused by the cable linking from front to rear camera. Changed once but the problem resurfaced. Blackvue is much more stable.

I was considering Thinkware cos my colleague has it and the lady voice from that unit is kind of sweet. She will announce when u approach speed camera or red light camera. But I was taken aback after I was told that no svc centre in SG. But so far abt a year no trouble.

Oh btw out of the 3 the voice from blackvue is the worse... Hmm.. I should say cannot make it. Softest and unclear. Once I tried over speed limit setting the alarm sounded but shut down to protection mode after I consistently over limit.

Just sharing

Edited by Kinklpet

Me also same set up as yours. What's your opinion on the Blackvue cloud? I am kind of disappointed. It takes awhile before my phone receive notice. And it will take another some time before the video will "appear" in the cloud. By then rice cooked already. Its so unlike what I saw in advertisement in TV....

Oh btw the guy who steal your car will remove the cables for your camera... So it's not really helpful for theft detection.

Cloud function is ok for me. Yup, not immediate notification but just a few minutes delay. Then can playback the video and view it. I only turn on the shock sensor notification. Motion sensor, too many false alarm from surroundings.

I also got the cover so cannot easily remove the cable. Good when going AD servicing.

Cloud function is ok for me. Yup, not immediate notification but just a few minutes delay. Then can playback the video and view it. I only turn on the shock sensor notification. Motion sensor, too many false alarm from surroundings.

I also got the cover so cannot easily remove the cable. Good when going AD servicing.

Hii everyone,

Currently, my Nissan Slyphy using china brand dash camera. The quality is bad...

Any car camera to recommend??

Heard from my friend that Blackvue, IROAD and Thinkware is the brand i should consider.

Need helpp!!!!! GAM XIA

Goluk M1.. front and rear cam with GPS, Live monitoring, SOS, 3g

Anyone installed the Marbella KR6S? Hows the rec quality?

The record system and camera are separated which may provide longer lifespan but I don't think there's battery pack for recording.

Agreed... This one looks good.

I was on iroad V7 and then Blackvue DR750. The image quality of DR750 is indeed better also w more features. My V7 was not so stable, keep shutting down and re-start by itself, quite irritating. I understand that the trouble is caused by the cable linking from front to rear camera. Changed once but the problem resurfaced. Blackvue is much more stable.

I was considering Thinkware cos my colleague has it and the lady voice from that unit is kind of sweet. She will announce when u approach speed camera or red light camera. But I was taken aback after I was told that no svc centre in SG. But so far abt a year no trouble.

Oh btw out of the 3 the voice from blackvue is the worse... Hmm.. I should say cannot make it. Softest and unclear. Once I tried over speed limit setting the alarm sounded but shut down to protection mode after I consistently over limit.

Just sharing

Anyone installed the Marbella KR6S? Hows the rec quality?

The record system and camera are separated which may provide longer lifespan but I don't think there's battery pack for recording.

Me me. Got the Marbella recently from Comex, but is KR6 though (rear is not 1080p full hd or something)

Recording quality is good for both day and night recording. Able to see the car plate of the car directly infront and behind you, no problem.

Yes, the battery is separate from the recording unit which I suppose might provide longer lifespan if your car is park in open space and exposed to the sun.

Battery pack is optional add on if you want 24 hour continuous recording but be prepare to pay the equivalent to the KR6 camera for it.

any one can recommend me a decent camera for below 150?

currently using a cheap qb5 for over a year, just want to see if there is anything i can replace to or just stick to this

Rear Camera IMO most of the time is not useful as the glaring of the rear window. it is a good to have to deter backside itchy ppl. 

Bo bian the glass angle is at that position.

any sifu know who to overcome.

I am on thinkware three year and going strong. 

Rear Camera IMO most of the time is not useful as the glaring of the rear window. it is a good to have to deter backside itchy ppl.

Bo bian the glass angle is at that position.

any sifu know who to overcome.

I am on thinkware three year and going strong.

Get a CPL filter for your camera lens. Most major brands will have someone making a attachment for a CPL filter.

If u have a unknown name brand, then have to DIY. Buy a CPL filter glass and DIY.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=cpl+filter+dashcam&_sacat=0&_pgn=1

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1

dunno if this is true ...

24/7 Recording &Surveillance | 2.7K Resolution | Advanced Driver-Assistance System | Night Vision

yes, just out this morning. 

We are excited to inform you that 70mai Dash Cam Pro is
ONLINE NOW !!!
Thanks for the support and you can pre-order limited Secret Perk 

saving

47% OFF retail price and EXTRA $7 OFF
with