Amoron Car Battery ok?

Beachboy7718

Neutral Newbie

i had heard about Amaron battery being able to last for years, but i had an Amaron battery which died at 17 months back in 2005. My current car has an Amaron battery which has lasted about 12 months, and it is still able to crank start the engine easily. Let's see if it can beat the 17 months record. This time round, i have a battery desulfator...and after 1 year...there's still no white powder flakes at the battery terminals. hope this is a sign that things are good this time.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Lately driving in NSHW, seeing few cases car burning. Not sure is due to what short circuit or overheated.

Car battery is a power source. Power source is useful and also dangerous.

Many people don't even know how to open the bonnet to see what's going on under the hood.

They leave everything to the workshop in blind faith, and some workshop does not bother as well.

Dangerous leaking fuel lines, stray sparks and a powerful battery is enough to set the car on fire.

Then there are those that like to be suckered into getting things that hang around the battery.

Obviously the seller is not going to say bad things about those, but they add to the risk of any fire hazard.

And you can be sure insurance will void your coverage should these extras be found.

Just to share what I experience personally working in India for the past 7yrs. Amaron is a good brand in India, but the retail outlet in India is far fewer than Exide. My guess is that Amaron is slightly more expensive than Exide but due to it outstanding lifespan, less sales for replacement till 5 yrs later. My company truck is using exide battery for 4yrs, still going strong, but just change to be on the safe side. Even my scooter are on Amaron with 5yrs warranty. There are alot of grade available, some goes up to 48mths warranty locally, summer weather can goes up to 40

(edited)

I did my "Amoron" change at Leong Seng yesterday... Was charged only $135 (60A) which was $15 cheaper than Nam Wah Battery... They connected a spare battery while they did the battery change...

Was going to change at Hankook earlier as I have the $55 voucher... Got there and they wanted me to start the engine and do the battery change... I immediately told them no, said thank you and drove off...

Edited by Typhoonz

Neutral Newbie

Mine Amaron Hi-Life has lasted 3 years so far. Now at 51% capacity (I just got it tested today). I will change it when it tests at 30% capacity. Excellent battery.

Hi, how to check the capacity? Batteries shop?

Sorry and thanks

Hypersonic

I did my "Amoron" change at Leong Seng yesterday... Was charged only $135 (60A) which was $15 cheaper than Nam Wah Battery... They connected a spare battery while they did the battery change...

Was going to change at Hankook earlier as I have the $55 voucher... Got there and they wanted me to start the engine and do the battery change... I immediately told them no, said thank you and drove off...

Good decision. Never change battery with the engine running.

The Yuasa battery that came original with my Toyota Corolla Axio is already 4.5 years old and is still going strong. The only maintenance i do is top the battery up with battery water.

Turbocharged

Most of the battery that i used, last between 12 to 18mths. The best is amaron 18mths.

It really depends on the usage of the car and whether is it a NA or turbo car.

Mine Amaron Hi-Life has lasted 3 years so far. Now at 51% capacity (I just got it tested today). I will change it when it tests at 30% capacity. Excellent battery.

may i know how do you test for your batt capacity?

DIY using some gadgets you bought, or at workshops?

Good decision. Never change battery with the engine running.

Why? Mind to share? i thought that there are 2 methods. One with cross over a standby battery and another is to turn on the engine running with replacement of battery.

Read thru' this thread and you will understand.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2679417

The mechanic asked me to start engine using jump start cable to connect the bought battery. I do not pay particular attention if he then disconnect the jump start cable and replace the dead battery. Not sure will it erase the memory of any preset CPU matters. Mine is japanese car. I have driven few days but touch wood do not find any thing wrong.

Supersonic

Why? Mind to share? i thought that there are 2 methods. One with cross over a standby battery and another is to turn on the engine running with replacement of battery.

When your engine is running, the alternator is running.

Alternator is 3-phase generator and output DC pulses after rectifications by internal diodes.

Some alternators may have a small capacitors to smooth out DC pulses, some don't.

The battery served as a huge capacitor to sink and smoothen out these DC pulses, besides getting charged.

Now when you remove the battery with the alternator still running, all these DC pulses go everywhere.

Any electrical device like ecu, hu, power amps, etc..all depends on a smooth DC, not a pulsing DC.

If you're lucky, nothing happens, otherwise, the risk of damage to some sensitive electrical devices is high.

On a side note, there are also cases of damage caused during a jump start.

And it happen to the "donor" car who leave the engine running, while jump starting a dead battery's car.

Modern day car are full of electronics that doesn't like high voltage spikes.

(edited)

There are more than one way to test car lead acid battery . For shops - the best is still specific gravity check and high discharge test. For car owners, using a hydrometer to check the battery sulphric acid SG is the most accurate method

post-272-1343476593_thumb.jpg

post-272-1343477053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Anyone has any contact for 24-hrs assistance which carry Amaron batteries?

Mine current one was from BM during my last 2 servicing............just in case the battery is dying...... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement