Amoron Car Battery ok?

Beachboy7718

Anyone has any contact for 24-hrs assistance which carry Amaron batteries?

Mine current one was from BM during my last 2 servicing............just in case the battery is dying...... [sweatdrop]

There's a merchant here by the nick DACB, he sells Amarons, with onsite installation. Can call him 24x7.

↡ Advertisement

How many car owners here have their own personal tyre gauge, let alone a hydrometer...

There are more than one way to test car lead acid battery . For shops - the best is still specific gravity check and high discharge test. For car owners, using a hydrometer to check the battery sulphric acid SG is the most accurate method

Good decision. Never change battery with the engine running.

Anyway I was kinda glad I changed to Amaron as the Hankook battery is $90 (after the $55 voucher) which makes it to be $145 (original price)... Place the Hankook battery side by side with the Amaron and the choice is clear... Now the Amaron battery being $10 cheaper and the choice is even clearer...

How many car owners here have their own personal tyre gauge, let alone a hydrometer...

The fastest and cheapest way is to drive into any workshop and get them to test your battery... Should be less than $10 or might not even cost you a cent if you are extremely polite...

Turbocharged

Anyone has any contact for 24-hrs assistance which carry Amaron batteries?

Mine current one was from BM during my last 2 servicing............just in case the battery is dying...... [sweatdrop]

vios or altis? call this 9695 0588 Ivan $110 Amaron 45Amp, including transport. If his pricing haven't change.

3.5 to 4.5 years, serious? I changed mine after 2 years and 8 months, just for peace of mind. Now running on second Amaron, maybe I will try to run it for 3.5 years.

I can be witness.... My last dark green amaron last more than 5 yrs...

When your engine is running, the alternator is running.

Alternator is 3-phase generator and output DC pulses after rectifications by internal diodes.

Some alternators may have a small capacitors to smooth out DC pulses, some don't.

The battery served as a huge capacitor to sink and smoothen out these DC pulses, besides getting charged.

Now when you remove the battery with the alternator still running, all these DC pulses go everywhere.

Any electrical device like ecu, hu, power amps, etc..all depends on a smooth DC, not a pulsing DC.

If you're lucky, nothing happens, otherwise, the risk of damage to some sensitive electrical devices is high.

On a side note, there are also cases of damage caused during a jump start.

And it happen to the "donor" car who leave the engine running, while jump starting a dead battery's car.

Modern day car are full of electronics that doesn't like high voltage spikes.

Good explanation!! but too bad, many wont bother to read.... In fact, there was this joker in

MCF swear than running car on alternator alone without battery okie.... and try to convince others by quoting how many KM he drove on such setup... [laugh][laugh]

(edited)

vios or altis? call this 9695 0588 Ivan $110 Amaron 45Amp, including transport. If his pricing haven't change.

Mine is an Altis........so what amp should the batt be?

Edited by WTF

Supercharged

<_<

The fastest and cheapest way is to drive into any workshop and get them to test your battery... Should be less than $10 or might not even cost you a cent if you are extremely polite...

Autobacs have free battery checks......

<_<

Autobacs have free battery checks......

Depending on who you ask... My battery check at Autobacs Ubi (which I thought was free) cost me $5...

Depending on who you ask... My battery check at Autobacs Ubi (which I thought was free) cost me $5...

then why you still pay?

Turbocharged

guys, u are all talking about maintenance free batteries right?

i heard MF batteries have shorter lifespan than conventional top-up water ones. is this true?

Its reasonable...my change at 2200hrs ..$130 battery...$45 labour..also 45amp

may i know how do you test for your batt capacity?

DIY using some gadgets you bought, or at workshops?

It was done with a battery tester. It needs to be set to the right CCA for the battery concerned otherwise the reading won't make sense. The battery test was done at Hankook Toh Guan.

Any idea where is leong seng located? need to change my "amoron" to another "amoron"

ok i got it... $110 confirmed for Amaron 45Amp.

L S Tyres & Automotive Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-04/05,Paya Ubi Industrial Park

Singapore

65 6744 4280

↡ Advertisement