Exasperated motorist takes 200 photos of errant heavy vehicl

Jman888

Seeing these driver really blood boil, but then photo dun speak the actual picture. An errant heavy vehicle on 2nd lane doesn't mean anything, hope he can just start video these driver and send them to the TP.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...725-361321.html

Exasperated motorist takes 200 photos of errant heavy vehicles

SINGAPORE - A motorist, upset with heavy vehicles flouting traffic rules, decided to document and catch the errant drivers in the act.

The exasperated driver took a total of 200 photos showing heavy vehicles in middle or extreme right lanes. According to regulations, heavy vehicles should stay in the extreme left lane unless overtaking or turning right.

In an email to citizen journalism website Stomp, the contributor added that some heavy vehicles who do not keep to the extreme left lane travel in the other two at 60kmh.

"Every day that I am on the highway, there would be vans, lorries, trucks, cargo trucks on every lane other than the left lane.

"They are totally nonchalant that they are not supposed to be on the middle or extreme right lane unless they are overtaking," he wrote.

He added that when he honks at these vehicles, he does not get a "response".

"The highway is so congested because of these drivers with this kind of mentality on the highway."

The netizen said he has already sent email to the Traffic Police with such pictures. "Frankly, I have tried sending emails with such pictures to the Traffic Police but every single day, I still see so many of such drivers on the highway," he said.

"Every time I see Traffic Police, they are up on the overhead bridges. Did my email work? I seriously don't think so.

"Anyway, the drivers should know that by driving on the middle or extreme right lane of the highway, they will surely get into trouble.

"This matter is seriously getting out of hand."

Click on the thumbnails below to view the photos

↡ Advertisement

this fella very free ! But he's right lah, always see those G/Y plates travelling on 2nd Lane and sometimes very pissing cos they block off 2 lanes. Once saw this Kangoo-liked van with G plate travel on 1st lane for a good 5 minute !!

I drive a lorry at times, though 70kmh is kinda slow but what to do ? I can't stand the beep-beep sound, so go at 70 on most left lane unless overtaking.

Don't blame the heavy vehicles lah, blame the system, got 50s 60s 70s speed limit for different cat, then some of those 70s ones just travel on middle lane at 60 kph just to overtake 50s.

What can we do, just LL follow behind lor, go horn them later then zum brake worst. Most important are those tipper truck don't keep dropping stones or sand off their truck can already, so much dent created because of them!

"Every time I see Traffic Police, they are up on the overhead bridges. Did my email work? I seriously don't think so.

hahaha so true....

hahaha so true....

overhead bridge more senang, got shade somemore. catch heavy vehicles must ride in the sun, so obvious which one they prefer [laugh]

Turbocharged

In all the fairness, I do see TP stopping trucks and lorrys by the road shoulder at times...

Don't blame the heavy vehicles lah, blame the system, got 50s 60s 70s speed limit for different cat, then some of those 70s ones just travel on middle lane at 60 kph just to overtake 50s.

What can we do, just LL follow behind lor, go horn them later then zum brake worst. Most important are those tipper truck don't keep dropping stones or sand off their truck can already, so much dent created because of them!

duh .... he was referring to those who stays on the 2nd lane , not those who overtake

In all the fairness, I do see TP stopping trucks and lorrys by the road shoulder at times...

Once in a while see TP, then for that stretch everyone kwai kwai :D but that's only like once in a blue moon ?

(edited)

i thought its their lane already?

even near midnight when traffic is light, i've seen so many goods vehicles travelling all the way on lane 2 at 80km/h on a 90km/h expressway!

and the irony? ohh .. i overtook them on lane 3 / 4 cos its empty!!!!

Edited by Powersteer

Free or not...at least this guy put some action into it...I was tailed gated by Vans and lorry just over this last week...on the 1st lane

Woah!! this man is doing us a great deal.

I get pissed when heavy vehicle start traelling in middle lane and in front is at least 100m clear road.

duh .... he was referring to those who stays on the 2nd lane , not those who overtake

I know lah, alot just stick to 2nd lane because they overtake and don't go back to lane 3 even when lane 3 is empty, it's all because of the different speed limit, they start to have this mentality 70s is faster than 50s, so just stick to lane 2 if not later difficult to over take those 50s due to too many cars on lane 2.

overhead bridge more senang, got shade somemore. catch heavy vehicles must ride in the sun, so obvious which one they prefer [laugh]

some of the route which these heavy vehicle travel do not have overhead bridge (like express way), you can seen delivery truck speeding at 90km any time along express way <_<

most of them wont dare to try the 1st lane, but they overtake between 2nd and 3rd lane, intimidate the slow driver and tailgate at 90km/h [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I can concur with you bro, honestly, does it bother TP or LTA ? hardly think so . . .

Thy think you are trying to act smart, yeah, some van pick-up truck, mini van and skool-bus are 60-70speed limit, thy do have their limit, so TP will monitor how long they stay within the speed, I'm sure many lorry don't bother to heed the speed limit

TP are out not to catch this errant heavy vehicles motorists alone . . . unless an accident happen, you may come forward to show video proof.

At times, you see accident board placed along some road-junction asking for information of an accident ; date & time, by posting photos of heavy vehicles do not warrant your rights on how such h/vehicles drove on the 2/3rd lane, the coy pay road taxes too, if thy are caught, the driver will answer to the coy, not you.

We, motorist/s act as the third eyes only, there are tons of video sent to T.P daily . . . so in short, they do not really bother unless some drastic measure/s comes out to reward motorist who play second-fiddle. ( Volunteer Police-man ). who can issue ticket to errant motorist while on the road.

I got fined for speeding on PIE recently.... it stated i was SPEEDING between 90-100 km/h.......$150 and 6pts...knn....

most of them wont dare to try the 1st lane, but they overtake between 2nd and 3rd lane, intimidate the slow driver and tailgate at 90km/h [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

You got a death wish to tailgate these heavy vehicles at 90km/h....