Exasperated motorist takes 200 photos of errant heavy vehicl

Jman888

Twincharged

The blinker no use one lah....unless its like SAF one...beep 10x and the counter jumps. Upon inspection if the counter jumps...straight away issue fine and demerit points.

Else the only diff it makes is...install and not install is speeding got beeping sound lor...

Or all heavy vehicle are GPS tracked...once they are found speeding....the computer automatically issue a summon to the vehicle owner. [:p]

SAF one works in this way? I thought they just limit the speed. Cuz in NS I always see the driver just floor the accelerator and once hit 50 it won't even go faster although his foot still all the way down.

↡ Advertisement

Nowadays, I find myself overtaking more and more on lane 3 or 4 due to the heavy/commercial vehicles all taking up lane 2, and lane 1 occasionally as well.

Turbocharged

i've been overtaken by those kangoo delivery van before le ... i feel unsafe for him sia ... some more from extremely right lane can swerve to left to overtake (i wasnt hogging ... he just never give me enough time to switch safely ... and who realize a kangoo can catch up to gtr le .. >< )

Can hit above 50kmh...I think about 60kmh...but once its above 50kmh...it will start beeping already and what they do is let it beep...and before 10 beep...ease off the gas...hence the jerky rides...hahahahaha...

But they have a limiter as well...but that will limit them to 60kmh thereabout...

Every morning along West Coast highway...so many...take your pick...containers...10ton lorries...buses all take up the 3 lanes of the road...every morning I have to do rally special stage just to get ahead of them and not be held back.

TP sometime are there but they dun take action...cos the heavy vehicles see them will start to filter left...and then after 300m or so...start their stunt again.

If you are not going to U or right turn, take the left most lane, it's the fastest. But, watch out for stationary vehicles.

(edited)

Many of these heavy vehicle drivers are taking a calculated risk, how often do they encounter a TP along the expressways. If the answer is rarely, just don't be bother lah. However, if every motorist starts taking photos or videos and send them to TP, bet many of these drivers better be on the balls.

Edited by Achee

Every morning along West Coast highway...so many...take your pick...containers...10ton lorries...buses all take up the 3 lanes of the road...every morning I have to do rally special stage just to get ahead of them and not be held back.

TP sometime are there but they dun take action...cos the heavy vehicles see them will start to filter left...and then after 300m or so...start their stunt again.

you mean the west coast highway which is at grade road? how about keppel viaduct? I think one day one of them will plunge down from the viaduct.

numerous times three abreast, one of them buay zai, then u see the two siam gar buay hoo....look at the marks along the parapet.

they are like moving chicanes along the road left right centre.

but then recently like not so bad liao.

SAF one works in this way? I thought they just limit the speed. Cuz in NS I always see the driver just floor the accelerator and once hit 50 it won't even go faster although his foot still all the way down.

You're talking about the 5 tonner MAN truck. He's talking about the other vehicles, land rovers, mini bus, unimog, etc. These are running on number counters that jump 1 number every few sec you are over the speed limit.

The 5 tonner MAN truck is different. The speed limiter is programmed into the ECU or something. No number counter. There is a way to get over 50kph, engage N on downslope and let it roll [:p]

I know why TP never bother to reply him. Becoz everyday there will be road users flouting the law, not just commercial vehicles. The Stomper is obviously being biased in his views. Why didn't he take pictures of other road users flouting the law? How about himself? Is he a road saint to condemn others? The TP cannot share his biased views. If want to catch must catch all who flout the law regardless of the type of vehicle.

Stomper can continue to be exasperated & biased all he wants. Dun tell TP how to do their job lah.

If you are not going to U or right turn, take the left most lane, it's the fastest. But, watch out for stationary vehicles.

No hard and fast rules lah...drive there in the morning cannot be nice guy...see gap must cheong in...left lane quite dangerous...cos even if cars/lorries dun stop....bus sure stop one...

Now also dunno why this few morning the jam along West Coast towards Penjuru also sibeh jialat...sometime all the way until West Coast Car mart....

It probably good that somebody had finally take an active approach to create awareness to the public on this old issue through the public media. Next, should see some TP spokemen come out with statistics that there are already so many of these speedster caught and a separate column for commercial vehicle caught speeding...... However, they cannot be everywhere all the time, look at Eunos Link from Hougang Ave 3....everyday, commercial vehicle occupied the 3-carriageways and like some ppl mentioned, doing 50km/h is their norm, probable but some really speed all the way, kudo to them that their vehicle with 70km/h speed limit and do 90 to 100km/h on normal road and when the road speed limit at 60 to 70km/h. I fear that accident waiting to happen! [rifle]

If TP were to engage external resource, plaincloth, to summon these "chongster", think take 10% of every summon, also can confirm get year end bonus, just station there for 1 hour along this stretch every day will do. [drivingcar]

It probably good that somebody had finally take an active approach to create awareness to the public on this old issue through the public media. Next, should see some TP spokemen come out with statistics that there are already so many of these speedster caught and a separate column for commercial vehicle caught speeding...... However, they cannot be everywhere all the time, look at Eunos Link from Hougang Ave 3....everyday, commercial vehicle occupied the 3-carriageways and like some ppl mentioned, doing 50km/h is their norm, probable but some really speed all the way, kudo to them that their vehicle with 70km/h speed limit and do 90 to 100km/h on normal road and when the road speed limit at 60 to 70km/h. I fear that accident waiting to happen! [rifle]

If TP were to engage external resource, plaincloth, to summon these "chongster", think take 10% of every summon, also can confirm get year end bonus, just station there for 1 hour along this stretch every day will do. [drivingcar]

very simple mah.

outsource TP to public company to improve the efficiency.

confirm that company can make a lot of money. Then everyone have to LLST and obey the traffic rules or else get summon.

[:)]

Neutral Newbie

Don't just jump in a bash the truck drivers.

Some of them are faster than car drivers. I've encounter more road hogging cars than trucks.

If they are able to keep up with the lane speed, I don't see the problem even if it is on lane 1.

Let's don't discriminate them just because they are trucks.

this fella very free ! But he's right lah, always see those G/Y plates travelling on 2nd Lane and sometimes very pissing cos they block off 2 lanes. Once saw this Kangoo-liked van with G plate travel on 1st lane for a good 5 minute !!

I drive a lorry at times, though 70kmh is kinda slow but what to do ? I can't stand the beep-beep sound, so go at 70 on most left lane unless overtaking.

From what I can see, this is definitely a TP tolerated act. This evening on TPE towards SLE, there is a TP standing at the road shoulder "looking" at oncoming vehicles. As usual, commercial vehicles are hogging lanes 2 and 3 leaving large gaps in front. This TP is not doing anything, so simply I can say it's a tolerated act by them.

I know why TP never bother to reply him. Becoz everyday there will be road users flouting the law, not just commercial vehicles. The Stomper is obviously being biased in his views. Why didn't he take pictures of other road users flouting the law? How about himself? Is he a road saint to condemn others? The TP cannot share his biased views. If want to catch must catch all who flout the law regardless of the type of vehicle.

Stomper can continue to be exasperated & biased all he wants. Dun tell TP how to do their job lah.

I keep an archive of all my in-car cam recordings for 6 months before deleting them.

If I were to dig them out, with just 1 month of footage, I can more or less break his record.

Comparing with these commercial vehicles with speed limits, which I can safely say current drivers are more educated and having joined their "commercial vehicle" forums, they definitely know the vehicles they are driving comes with a speed limit. Most of them are going above 80km/h, even those CB/PA/PB buses that ferries kids are going above 60km/h. What is the percentage of other car drivers going above the speed limit compared with these commercial vehicles?

Just a recap, a car can go up to 90km/h on expressway, commercial vehicles max is 70km/h.

If TP were to say they give an allowance of 10 to 20km/h, does it mean that this is also applied to car drivers as well for them to go up to 100-110km/h?

↡ Advertisement