Sense of National Pride!

RadX

Watching the Olympics gives me impetus to start this topic.

You see the spectators, and all the national paranaphelia. they have scarves, blankets, shawls, sunglasses, wristbands, caps, shirts, etc etc all in the shape/form of their national flag.

I see sooo much pride they have in their country that it really makes you want to cry.

However, over at this place, called Singapore, we are not allowed to make scarves, etc etc without the proper legislation. Even the furore of flags flying, and the covers of signal indicators went thru some looooooooong process.

Save for the disgusting swimming trunks, some time ago,

post-547-1344244515_thumb.jpg

Which was in bad taste, I wonder why there is no stoping others, like sunglasses, etc...

your views, please. Any gahmen bashing will earn some colors

↡ Advertisement

Now that u mention, I remember having to cover our naval uniform during our overseas trip. Going for shore leave have to wear civilian clothings as per SAF rules. U can see other sailors proudly wear their uniform to go shopping, strip club, ktv, pub, etc.....

1995 national stadium,

singapore football match against thailand, winner will progress to the asian cup finals rounds to be held in 1996.

i toke out my singapore flag and wave when the singapore team comes out to warm up, within seconds, i was surrounded by at 3 policemen who warn me that they will confiscate my flag if i don't keep it.

i understand now more liberal and can fly flags at stadium liao.

sorry, i digress liao [:p]

Exactly. What gives? the analism of the forces is way beyond our comprehension.

I intend to feedback any suggestions to Amy Khor, Feedback, cos this really stifles me.

We may not be at ease w the ruling but we love our country. Just like how the republicans hate the ruling democrats, BUT they love USA!!

asking people to put up flag at the flat or the car also difficult, how to create more merchandise for display?

later kena further abuse :huh:

Neutral Newbie

support FT mercenary in Olympic got what pride??

table tennis

gold = china

silver = china

bronze = china

post-115310-1344245451_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arcoxia

We did our fly by yesterday to celebrate National Day in advance. Finish faster keep and zao from location, in case police come or LTA enforcer come.

asking people to put up flag at the flat or the car also difficult, how to create more merchandise for display?

i thought a year or two ago gahmen relaxed the flag rules?

as long as not stated as prohibited means OK something liddat? ^_^

so, is it cos of the gahmen?

A few years ago I remember a taxi driver was "sternly warned" for decorating his taxi with many flags.

the reason wasnt the flag but because he did it without taxi company permision and he over decorate until safety is a concern. (windows also got sticker hence might hinder the sight.

so, is it cos of the gahmen?

i think more to do with the law and education.

from young, our teacher teach us, flag must be honored, cannot anyhow use for play play. and also tell us, if we spoil the flag, police will come and catch us.

this might had create a image in us that flag is for hanging on the pole only. so we loss any interest in displaying or playing with national flags bah.

from young, our teacher teach us, flag must be honored, cannot anyhow use for play play. and also tell us, if we spoil the flag, police will come and catch us.

this might had create a image in us that flag is for hanging on the pole only. so we loss any interest in displaying or playing with national flags bah.

then paraphenelia not flag wot.....u see the USA, sunglasses in form of flag, ie stars n stripes

i remember last time do cos duty, the boss say if the flag drop down on the floor, prepare to sign until kar chng pit !!! [laugh]:D[laugh]

Watching the Olympics gives me impetus to start this topic.

You see the spectators, and all the national paranaphelia. they have scarves, blankets, shawls, sunglasses, wristbands, caps, shirts, etc etc all in the shape/form of their national flag.

I see sooo much pride they have in their country that it really makes you want to cry.

However, over at this place, called Singapore, we are not allowed to make scarves, etc etc without the proper legislation. Even the furore of flags flying, and the covers of signal indicators went thru some looooooooong process.

I gather you are asking two questions:

1. "However, over at this place, called Singapore,

we are not allowed to make scarves, etc etc without the proper legislation."

Reply: Singapore is culturally more deferrent to authority than most other countries.

This gives leeway for authorities at the top to legislate ABC to XYZ.

2. "I wonder why there is no stoping others, like sunglasses, etc..."

Reply: Size of the flag matters. A small flag can be only seen at very close proximity (basically conversation distance).

Likewise, more relax rules for the display of political party badge on shirts versus larger size flags

[cool]

not only that.

u see spectators throw flags at the athletes also no problems.

try throwing a flag here. :D

↡ Advertisement