Alright to use Brand New DOB 2009 tyres?

Kelpie

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether it is alright to use a set of brand new Made in Japan DOB 2009 Tyres in mint condition?

Anyone have done it before?

Please advise me and Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

might wanna tell us what brand what size how much you paid them for and for what car?

It is a ST08/ST09 if I'm correct. About RM220 for each. My car is heavy, almost 2 tons in gross weight.

Regards,

tyre shelf life is 6 year.

no problem for a 09.

6 years I highly doubt. The videly accepted is 3 years. I guess you can go beyond 3, when the tyres are stored as recommended. If it is not stored properly (which we do not know often), I would not take any risk!

6 years I highly doubt. The videly accepted is 3 years. I guess you can go beyond 3, when the tyres are stored as recommended. If it is not stored properly (which we do not know often), I would not take any risk!

when i buy tyres the age is usually within 1 year.

maybe he should give it a miss.

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether it is alright to use a set of brand new Made in Japan DOB 2009 Tyres in mint condition?

Regards,

No point risking safety to save some money... It's absolutely not worth it...

Also don't think that the tyres are in "mint" condition despite being 3 years old...

Agreed, the storing of the tyres also will affect the condition of the tyres. Usually it is best to buy tyres which is 1 year or below.

it is OK to use a 3 year old NEW tire, as long as it was being kept in storage properly, ie. not in sunlight, within the correct humidity/temperature conditions

http://www.aas.com.sg/index.php?show=conte...w=8&val=220

The problem is, are the local and our neighboring country tyre shops storing them in that proper manner [sly] For me strictly below 1 year, any tyre above 1 year is a no no especially with a hot and humid country like ours.

Hi all,

Regards,

Its fine. 5 years for new tyres.

I still feel that tyres is the most important in a car, so better not to save a few dollars and endanger own life.

up to 6 years is fine, especially in our humid weather. it's more of a concern in dry climates where the rubber will dry out and crack more quickly

but being 2009 tyres, it means you have to change them at a shorter interval (in about 2 years)

anyway, some folks have pointed out that tyres play a very big role in safety, so buy the best your money can buy.

↡ Advertisement