Golf 1.4 Sport TSI or Astra GTC 1.4 GTC

Lazydala

You talk like a VW salesman and its your first post. Why compare with the resale value? Unless you intend to sell within a few years.

To service VW car, you need to be in the waiting list since the queue is rather long.

And will the VW service centre do a good job if they have tons of car to be service?

DSG gear box repair cost much more than Opel gear box. Part wise, Opel parts are not really expensive.

Poor sales does not mean bad car. Its the people old mind set on Opel brands. Easy to break down, parts expensive...But these are the past. Now the reliability of Opel cars are much better.

Of course is golf...interm of resale value..of course vw is better ...more ppl will perfer and easy to sell

What ppl say the gearbox box had problem..if u have warranty ,why need to worry abt gearbox problem..unless when u buy u dont have warranty that u should be worry..

GTC is not popular...only 2 units sold from the agent..that u should worry..

Dont look at the spec wise..i think the golf is still far far better the GTC..

Dont even think abt it..u will regret when u put the deposit...

Neutral Newbie

I heard that DSG is sports tuned and therefore must be driven like a sports car. Is it true?

My friend says it spoils here in Spore because everyone doesn't drive it hard. Rev up to redline daily?

NOt true...the factory configuration is not for race use..but it is tune to daily use..

This is only basic of engine n turbocharge or supercharge ..No addition special tuning..

If need extra boosting u need to mod n change alot of aftermarket stuffs ,tuning etc..

when it get to real track use u r really .."REV UP to redline"

Supercharged

What ppl say the gearbox box had problem..if u have warranty ,why need to worry abt gearbox problem..

u and ur passengers' lifes are cheap izzit?

DSG breakdown on the roads, then kenna ram by other vehicles,

then maybe u can slowly worry in hospital or heaven.

even if no accident, u and ur passengers' time is cheap izzit?

wait for tow, send in, wait for customer service, beg for replacement car/taxi voucher,

go back to pick up fixed car, sibeh shiok izzit?

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Test drove GTC yesterday at Ubi.

Great salesperson and car! GTC comes in 2 variations...one basic and other with panaromic roof...if you wan 20" rims..u need to top up another $5000...overall drivefeel is good...good insulation and smooth gear changing...only thing that i am not used to is their heavy brake...

Great salesperson and car! GTC comes in 2 variations...one basic and other with panaromic roof...if you wan 20" rims..u need to top up another $5000...overall drivefeel is good...good insulation and smooth gear changing...only thing that i am not used to is their heavy brake...

standard is 17" yar?

Standard rims shld be 18 inch. I bought the gtc recently. Waiting for delivery :)

Didnt get the scirocco cause i feel that facelift shld be due soon and the DSG problems.

wah 20".. when it comes to replacing tyres, headache + wallet ache sia [dizzy]

DO NOT TOUCH OPEL/VAUXHALL!

You will get burn. Owned Astra MK5 and Corsa D. Both have lots of problem. You've been warn!

Yes 5 years warranty are great for your wallet. However your car probably spend more time in the garage/workshop than on the road.

Can't comment on the VW never own one. Drive one thought very solid car.

Owned 1 Opel Astra GS long time ago. It was a wonderful and powerful car which gives

no problem whatsoever and there were only 10 units about at that time. :wub: :wub: :wub:

DO NOT TOUCH OPEL/VAUXHALL!

You will get burn. Owned Astra MK5 and Corsa D. Both have lots of problem. You've been warn!

Yes 5 years warranty are great for your wallet. However your car probably spend more time in the garage/workshop than on the road.

Can't comment on the VW never own one. Drive one thought very solid car.

[thumbsdown][knife] [knife] [knife]

↡ Advertisement