Who here listens to Depeche Mode

Phluvcat

the first tune that captured my attention was Shake The Disease... it had a very infactuating beat.

then managed to borrow Singles 81-85.. and a classmate loan me his set of DM vinly 12" and Album as well....

definitely hit orgasm while playing those tune... Bought my first DM Single in 1986.... it was their first release from the Black Celebration Album which to me was their best to date.

But I prefer the B-Side..which was But not tonight which was released as the A side in US and used in a movie.

This is the US version

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydjpldPO5d8"]

This is the UK version

After Black Celebration, it was Music for the Masses... where they also do a world tour which reached its climax with the concert in Pasedena where "101" was captured. It was DM at its peak...The next album was Violator which gave them their biggest US hit "Enjoy the silence".. I didnt really like this album when it first released in 89 or thereabout. AFter that I had no idea what they were writing....and had stopped buying their album or singles... Dave Gahan almost die of drug overdose.. .. life was totally screwed up.. I prefer to remember at their peak hence my collection of their album stopped at "Violator"

I had bought cassette tape, vinyl, cd of all their albums from Speak and Spell till Violator....and also when they did a re-mastered series of all their albums few years...where all are bundled with a cd as well as a sacd version. (brilliant collection !!_)

Yeah! those who like depeeche Mode all uncle liao. I was influenced by my cousin who played the cassette tape of depeeche mode concert in 1988. I like their electronic music. There are alot of nice music and seems like no one mention "shake the disease" [laugh]

Me not uncle yet leh hahaha :D

One of my favourite band!

My favorite is "Shake the Disease". The recent one like the "Precious" is also very nice.

Regards,

Seems like you prefer the more "easy listening" type of DM songs while I prefer those with darker tones or undertones.

And their remixes are seriously dark.

[laugh]

the first tune that captured my attention was Shake The Disease... it had a very infactuating beat.

then managed to borrow Singles 81-85.. and a classmate loan me his set of DM vinly 12" and Album as well....

definitely hit orgasm while playing those tune... Bought my first DM Single in 1986.... it was their first release from the Black Celebration Album which to me was their best to date.

But I prefer the B-Side..which was But not tonight which was released as the A side in US and used in a movie.

This is the US version

After Black Celebration, it was Music for the Masses... where they also do a world tour which reached its climax with the concert in Pasedena where "101" was captured. It was DM at its peak...The next album was Violator which gave them their biggest US hit "Enjoy the silence".. I didnt really like this album when it first released in 89 or thereabout. AFter that I had no idea what they were writing....and had stopped buying their album or singles... Dave Gahan almost die of drug overdose.. .. life was totally screwed up.. I prefer to remember at their peak hence my collection of their album stopped at "Violator"

I had bought cassette tape, vinyl, cd of all their albums from Speak and Spell till Violator....and also when they did a re-mastered series of all their albums few years...where all are bundled with a cd as well as a sacd version. (brilliant collection !!_)

ewww....makes me wanna go music store and hunt for their albums and stuff again. just d/l over 8gb worth of their discographies in one day but owning their CDs holds more value, something I can proudly display at home.

No prob lah... Me late thirties liao, married with kids so nothing to hide!

Glad to know it's your era too! Wah, come to think abt it, those were the days Man! :D

Me also late 30s.

Yes, those were the days. Still remember Orchard road weren't that crowded, watch movies at Cathy, Capitol with then my gf (now my wife) really brings back good memories...

Me also late 30s.

Yes, those were the days. Still remember Orchard road weren't that crowded, watch movies at Cathy, Capitol with then my gf (now my wife) really brings back good memories...

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

my wife says she cannot stand me nagging away and fiery temper whenever I drive.

today I very special very guai never curse and swear in the car, very cool and steady, keep to speed limit, keep to 2nd and third lanes, guai guai behind slow vehicles and enjoying my newly uploaded depeche mode songs. actually I just wanna lengthen the journey so that I can enjoy more depeche mode songs.

end up she the one scolding the other drivers.

hahahahaha

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Wooah! How did I miss this thread! [laugh]

Nice to see so many fellow `Fast Fashion' fans here as well :D hard to imagine so many of us grew up with their music and still enjoy it till today, in fact my daily commute playlist contain many of their tracks ;)

hmm let me try to think back and rem when did they pop my musical cherry, should be still in sec school? People are People was my fave go to song then! Music for the Masses totally blew my mind haha

Absolutely loved the electro sounds and beats of the 80s era and DM was def 1 of my fave groups together with NewOrder, Eurasure, OMD, TearsforFears... and the list goes on :]

Guess i will always be a lover of so called RETRO songs. [thumbsup]

For me, it began with a buzz around my group of schoolmates regarding this cassette titled "The Singles 81-85".

Then just nice, SBC Channel 5 somehow, for some reason, showed the MTV of "Shake The Disease" which instantly became my favourite track in part due to the way Andy Fletcher "stroked" the wall of pipes with a metal rod.

YES! I rem this as well saw it on something like Top of the Pops UK on TV back then and music videos or MTV was such a novelty at that time [laugh]

Followed depeche mode in the 80s...love the lyrics of somebody, managed to convinced my wife to used it for my wedding march in...

Steady! [thumbsup]

During the lower secondary sch time, I have weekly spontaneous writing, I copied and wrote the "somebody" lyric and hand up.

I got good grade!! [laugh]

Turbocharged

how did you get started with depeche mode?

for me, my younger sis brought home the 101 cds and the love affair began. that was in the early 90s.

they were one of the gloomiest, darkest, somewhat monotonous songs I heard then.

at the same time they felt so sensuous (not sexy but sensuous), moving, abstract and stirring, they connect with reality instead of immersing you in fantasies.

eagerly awaiting their next album due in 2013. hope its in the mould of the 101 songs.

(p.s. some of their earlier songs are pussy sounding synthesizer pop though)

then i ask, who listens to modern talking? [laugh] [laugh]

Same pattern as you [:p]

Depeche Mode okay lah . . . more into Tom Jones. [laugh]

oh Tom Jones, my father likes, I also like, borrowed his CD...just that usual few songs, but a bit playboy style leh.

↡ Advertisement