Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

Thanks bro, great info. Looks like I'll be keeping my W211 till scrap [;)]

But take note,if any changes in market[like economy downturn],it will not worth that much.!

Not to forget M`sia produces their own country made car of course they will make it different and expensive for you to export it.

Ha ha not to mention our good garment also want to make good money also.

Curious to know when you drive your car until the 10th year, besides body value amount can get back. What other things will they pay you? [:/]

Edited by 13177

Anybody has any idea of the 'chao ti' value for a 04 civic?

I just bought a new car from VW. Their in-house 3rd party dealer is willing to take in my car at the paper value (parf/coe) as reflected on LTA online data.

But they say the 'chao ti' value is about $100-$200. I understand they need to earn something, but I just dun want to get ripped off.

I have a fren whose older civic ( one generation before my 04) was scrapped 2 years ago for $400 by his mechanic... My fren said if his can get $400, mine should worth at least double. But his car was a bit modifed... so maybe the rims and speakers worth more money, i think.

Any experienced fellas care to advise?

• Praise 1

Anybody has any idea of the 'chao ti' value for a 04 civic?

I just bought a new car from VW. Their in-house 3rd party dealer is willing to take in my car at the paper value (parf/coe) as reflected on LTA online data.

But they say the 'chao ti' value is about $100-$200. I understand they need to earn something, but I just dun want to get ripped off.

I have a fren whose older civic ( one generation before my 04) was scrapped 2 years ago for $400 by his mechanic... My fren said if his can get $400, mine should worth at least double. But his car was a bit modifed... so maybe the rims and speakers worth more money, i think.

Any experienced fellas care to advise?

Matrix $500, just rip everything that u can sell off the car.

Saw in forum got one evo bro scrap his evo7. scrapyard give him 50 dollars.

When a car is scrap, no matter whether it is evo or any atas car, afterall just a piece of metal. Dont think it's makes a difference. :D

When a car is scrap, no matter whether it is evo or any atas car, afterall just a piece of metal. Dont think it's makes a difference. :D

Bro, before they scrap the car, the scrapyard will remove all the parts useable and then sell when people come searching for them. engine, suspension, lower arms etc. And to think that they only pay out that little. Damn I might as well keep the engine myself. Haha.

wow... evo for $50??? scrap yards must be making lots of money.

I read in the forum that big conti cars worth $1k-$4k 'chao ti'.... perhaps of the valuable equipments parts which can be taken out.

I guess japanese cars have lower 'chao ti' value. So basically worth about $400 (matrix and old old civic) and perhaps $500-$600 for my 04 civic. Which i guess the $100-$200 I may be getting from the dealer is quite ok..... well, they need to earn a living for doing the leg-work and paperworks.

Actually it is kinda sad having to scrap a car that is in perfect working order just because of the COE value thingy. Curse myself for not taking care of the car comestically. Otherwise, can still sell to 2nd hand car dealer for better money if not for the scratches & dents on the paintwork, a dented bonnet, a-going-to-drop-off-bumper, and a locking system that locks only the front 2 doors.

Bro, before they scrap the car, the scrapyard will remove all the parts useable and then sell when people come searching for them. engine, suspension, lower arms etc. And to think that they only pay out that little. Damn I might as well keep the engine myself. Haha.

Lol, to them it is just a piece of metal and the car already so "old" liao, and they give you back $50 already a lot. :D Anyway, the scrapyard people know that you would not keep the engine and the rest of the stuff, so confirm they will carrot you.

Yes they do make alot of money but then again the parts are stuck with the scrap yards for a really long time plus they have to dismantle, store and take the risk that some parts will no longer work after a few years in storage. So dont expect them to give you alot. I scrapped my W201 190e for 500 bucks. The W124 was worth 2k just a few years back as it was still in high demand in third world countries. I think at the very least chao ti value should still be around 4-500 bucks for any car. Cars are so bloody heavy, sure got alot of chao ti value. For those that want to get abit more, my advice would be to to find buyers looking for parts for your model. Trade your good parts with them for abit of top up. Need to do alot of work but this way can take back abit more money. Power window regulators, interior pieces and rims and tyres are the easiest to DIY and take out to sell. Easily can get back another 3-400 bucks on top of the scrap car price.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I sold/scrap my 2003 corolla in feb for 4k.....

Some dealer offer 1.2-2k..

Must really go hunt ard for good price

Can share where you scrap your corolla. Thank you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1