Car scrap & body value

Turbonetics

(edited)

...anyone know the scrap value(body) of Toyota Altis...thks in advance

Every same model car will have different scrap value and normally body value changes with time n demand. Edited by Qaz20
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone can donate their soon to be scrapped Altis aircon control panel and electrical parts to me? Will arrange for car to be tow to scrap buyer at the end for you. Thanks
  • Praise 1

Hi,

I gave a 2.0 Mitsubishi Lancer weekend car that expired in Mar 2018 that I am thinking what to do about it when my new car came in September 2017.

Any value to resell beyond the scrap value with a mileage of 112K only. It may be cheap to keep till the end consider the 6 months insurance and road tax is only $700+ and LTA paid me $1100 for the 6 months period.

• Praise 1

contact me for a competitve body value.. New to this forum,not sure if u can Private msg me coz i tried messaging u and i cant..
  • Praise 1

Hi all,anyway just went through this thread and just would like to inform any owners here who are going to scrap your vehicle that i am another option u can contact..i can offer you competitive amount for your body.. 87811650

cheers!

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Hyundai Avante owner scrapping your car soon.

My car engine block is cracked and am really in need of a working engine to swap with. Any help is greatly appreciated. Please quote your price.

I have 7 months before my COE expire.

LTA guidelines :-

Swapping of engines

a) Swapping of engines between two registered vehicles is allowed, provided that both engines are of the same type and engine capacity.

b) After the swap, one of the vehicles must be scrapped immediately while the other must be produced for inspection at LTA.

Thank you...

• Praise 1

Hi

Hyundai Avante owner scrapping your car soon.

My car engine block is cracked and am really in need of a working engine to swap with. Any help is greatly appreciated. Please quote your price.

I have 7 months before my COE expire.

LTA guidelines :-

Swapping of engines

a) Swapping of engines between two registered vehicles is allowed, provided that both engines are of the same type and engine capacity.

b) After the swap, one of the vehicles must be scrapped immediately while the other must be produced for inspection at LTA.

Thank you...

call me 87811650

I seldom post reviews or comments unless they are very positive or very negative. Here's my sincere recommendation of a great car scrap dealer.

Nice friendly uncle by the name of Ah Seng. After calling numerous scrap yards and scrap dealers, I chanced upon his number and called to enquire. Friendly over the phone and upfront with a quote on my car due for scrap... The value he gave was the highest. I told him I needed the car till the last day. He said no problem, just drive in with the car and the LTA transaction pin. He even instructed me on how to get the pin... Don't even need to download or fill in the scrapping form from LTA like some scrap yards demand you have.... I asked as well...he said no need cos can fill in when you send in the car for scrap.

So on the day of scrapping, I just drove up to the compound, parked the car and went into his office. He asked for the transaction pin and my nric, gave me cash for the car and told me to wait for the sms which will be sent to me to instruct me to encash the parf. He even gave me a photo copy of instructions on how to do it. He advised me to wait for the parf rather than take cash since taking cash immediately would result in a lower amount... He shared that some still prefer that even though one will not get the full parf rebate.

Anyways I waited until the parf rebate is credited to my account before posting this... Took about 10 days from claiming the rebate online at one motoring till credit in.

Ah Seng's number is 6596426038. He speaks English but I think he prefers Mandarin.

• Praise 5

I seldom post reviews or comments unless they are very positive or very negative. Here's my sincere recommendation of a great car scrap dealer.

Nice friendly uncle by the name of Ah Seng. After calling numerous scrap yards and scrap dealers, I chanced upon his number and called to enquire. Friendly over the phone and upfront with a quote on my car due for scrap... The value he gave was the highest. I told him I needed the car till the last day. He said no problem, just drive in with the car and the LTA transaction pin. He even instructed me on how to get the pin... Don't even need to download or fill in the scrapping form from LTA like some scrap yards demand you have.... I asked as well...he said no need cos can fill in when you send in the car for scrap.

So on the day of scrapping, I just drove up to the compound, parked the car and went into his office. He asked for the transaction pin and my nric, gave me cash for the car and told me to wait for the sms which will be sent to me to instruct me to encash the parf. He even gave me a photo copy of instructions on how to do it. He advised me to wait for the parf rather than take cash since taking cash immediately would result in a lower amount... He shared that some still prefer that even though one will not get the full parf rebate.

Anyways I waited until the parf rebate is credited to my account before posting this... Took about 10 days from claiming the rebate online at one motoring till credit in.

Ah Seng's number is 6596426038. He speaks English but I think he prefers Mandarin.

I called him too last month to ask about scrap value for my civic FD. But unfortunately in my case, he gave me the lowest. Friendly uncle though. 

• Praise 2

Where's his car compound bro?

Defu. Sorry can't give more info here as I am in no way associated with the scrap yard. Just sharing a good lead. I think for certain makes, the uncle gives a good rate. And in the least, he is pleasant to engage, unless one obnoxious bugger who tried to solicit his own business here some time back.

• Praise 1

Hi fellow forummers,

checking if there is anyone out there who can share where I can get a fair price for car body.

Toyota Camry 2.0

Silver Colour

220km

Fairly clean interior

Fairly shiny external paint (spray painted some 2.5years ago)

registered 7 Sep 2007

Prepared to handover around 1 Sep 17

Thank you in advance [:)]

• Praise 2

Hi fellow forummers,

checking if there is anyone out there who can share where I can get a fair price for car body.

Toyota Camry 2.0

Silver Colour

220km

Fairly clean interior

Fairly shiny external paint (spray painted some 2.5years ago)

registered 7 Sep 2007

Prepared to handover around 1 Sep 17

Thank you in advance [:)]

I sold mine with 2 mths COE left...

Dashboard without the "sticky issue", got $1500 for body.

Leather seat condition 8.5/10

That's 1 year ago, prices might differ now.

U can try to look for @cmcex

Personally I had 2 transactions with him, great price and fuss free transactions!

• Praise 1

I sold mine with 2 mths COE left...

Dashboard without the "sticky issue", got $1500 for body.

Leather seat condition 8.5/10

That's 1 year ago, prices might differ now.

U can try to look for @cmcex

Personally I had 2 transactions with him, great price and fuss free transactions!

Thank you, but honestly i am done with ppl around here. 

For those who wanna talk a lot, just keep talking, it says so much about the person not by what car he is driving (of cos a useless piece of junkyard worthy crap in which ended up there and even tried to sell for COE renewal) but the car this person driving can see how "SAB" and how brainless (personal opinion) he/she is. Should you be a male, you can put on a skirt and walk aroud while talking bcos it seems to me that this person is worse than a "pasat auntie", keep on niam niam niam. Should this person be a female, try to stand and pee straight then act like a male, oh ya, grow some sacks and not by using potato skin to claim that "its" a male.

Thank you RON, its was a pleasure

• Praise 1

Hi all,anyway just went through this thread and just would like to inform any owners here who are going to scrap your vehicle that i am another option u can contact..i can offer you competitive amount for your body.. 87811650

cheers!

My Altis (Silver) is due for scrap on Oct 3rd 2017.

Mileage around 135,000 km

Couple of dings on bumper.

Engine is tip-top, aircon super cold.

Gearbox is smooth as butter.

Fully maintained by BM.

Fuel consumption is over 500km for full tank. ($80 after disc)

Tyres are still very good condition.

1) when is the last day I need to handover my car?

2) how much is the body?

• Praise 1

Pardon my ignorance, when u send your car to scrap, do they actually give u a better price if the car condition is still very good? For eg, engine tip-top, air con super cold, gearbox very smooth etc etc. I thought they only quote you the market price for the car body at that point of time regardless of the condition of the car? Or unless it's for export? [confused]

↡ Advertisement