Suspect Aircon coil leak

Contax

Supercharged

i done my car aircon cooling coil workshop at toh guan, shop now still there, $450, need to open up the inside, japanese car, then dunno, and dun think the coil original installed, now, after a while, u r right, got ...

1.rattling sound, the cigarette tray, not installed properly.----------no solution. workshop tried to siam.

2.air con, works, but when go jb at the causeway kanna stuck, the aircon suddenly no more, i think icing or dunno what also.---------actually no solution. but if u drive very fast and then on back the aircon.... aircon very cool again...otherwise sauna... so how?

workshop tried to siam. nowadays u stationary 5 mins the car no aircon...

3. the the audio display no light, got audio sound, got channel..., then no visual....go ask back workshop, the mechanic, siam again.

now want service fee.

4. do u face the auto workshop geow, the car until so many scratches, until u collect ur car, u wanna immediate drive ur car up the pillar.... i felt the really hard felt pain... heard last time $1500 quote, dun do... then now i see all the good quotes... i dunno if their workmanship or workman5h1t......sho how..? still stuck with pain fury and helplessness....hahaha..real one.

It seems obviously they didn't reinstall the parts back properly. If you have proper invoicing and receipt, they (by right) can't escape the responsibility, unless the problem came up after a few months!

Either you forcefully push it back to resolved it FOC, or just give up and look for another reliable WS to investigate how is wrong.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

That's good. Who recommended you to this WS?

The mechanic was nice to send you from Kranji to Toa Payoh. Most would only send you to the nearest MRT station. From the pics, the cooling coil is a goner, but still looks better than the cooling coil I replaced 3 months ago!

That's great!

Btw, the servicing package of $88... the Amsoil EO is it fully synthetic?

The part cost fo Cooling Coil cost in the range of $100-$200 and its for Normal Japanese car.

Since you mentioned A/C cut in/out, verly likely you are driving a Jap

car.

With added Labour, At most $300 ( All In ), they dont need so profit to make for fixing this Coil right.

Also, not necessary have to remove Dashboard to access the Coil.

For some cars, removing the Glovebox and removing the centre-console

is sufficient for this job.

Try getting 2nd Opinion.

There is some good and reputable A/C shop being recommended

by MCF which I believe can do a better job and cheaper then this 'T' shop.

I went to one of the recommended w/s this morning at woodland park E. Did a gas topup @$35. However the guy there told me to come back next time to have it repair and quoted me $1k - $1.2k. I said every topup could last me 8 months, surely there is a small leak somewhere and not the compressor or coil leaking, maybe some joints. Don't you need to check first? His answer for merc 100% sure we need to change either the coil or compressor, standard procedure and pricing. Really no such thing as small leakage of joints? Only replacement?

That's great!

Btw, the servicing package of $88... the Amsoil EO is it fully synthetic?

from what I gather , it's API SN graded and fully synthetic .

It seems obviously they didn't reinstall the parts back properly. If you have proper invoicing and receipt, they (by right) can't escape the responsibility, unless the problem came up after a few months!

Either you forcefully push it back to resolved it FOC, or just give up and look for another reliable WS to investigate how is wrong.

hmm... they will punch more holes in my car....ya..they know their mechanics no idea......its those paid for people to learn, never going back..except tyre rotation and pump free nitrogen, btw dun think it nitrogen anymore, cos from pressure valve..those air ones...no service guarantee ...now i know..1 time..

i done the engine oil bardhal brand, nothing great, then i service the atf, diaqueen III, then now gear box no good, muz be no change.... i am meeting ghost workshop..come suck my blood again... so i am no longer going back,except, inflate or wheel rotate.....very chor lor chiew... other mechanics i see... quite really ok..this one..hahaha..dun think so lar anymore..tks btw [wave]

(edited)

now is my turn...sob sob...

Get quote from Huat Lee and Agent.

Mark Cool: $500

Agent: $700

Edited by Edwinteo

Went mark cool and ah huat checked that my aircon gas is low and suspected my cooling coil leaks and needs to replace at $400 [:(]

Supersonic

Went mark cool and ah huat checked that my aircon gas is low and suspected my cooling coil leaks and needs to replace at $400 [:(]

Thought you can find price range around $300 for replacing of cooling coil? [:/] Changing of cooling coil not very good unless no choice, cause mostly they need to take out everything, the dashboard, steering, gear etc, and usually they might indirectly create some problem after they take out and put back all the things. :wacko:

Thought you can find price range around $300 for replacing of cooling coil? [:/] Changing of cooling coil not very good unless no choice, cause mostly they need to take out everything, the dashboard, steering, gear etc, and usually they might indirectly create some problem after they take out and put back all the things. :wacko:

but if spoil, then how?

pump gas and see if the gas leaked again...

now is my turn...sob sob...

Get quote from Huat Lee and Agent.

Mark Cool: $500

Agent: $700

For me...if only $200 different..I will go back to Agent....As least I know it is guaranteed. ..just me...some may say every cents counts...and I do understand..

that's why if it involve removing the whole dashboard...best is go back to AD.....you never know what other happen after that...at least can go back AD to complain if other related parts failed due to their work..

Supercharged

You don't have a choice. Some cars must remove dashboard to access to the cooling coil.

Thought that $400-$500 is the average price? Any cheaper workshop with good workmanship to recommend? I will go tomika for a second opinion and quotation [;)]

Btw, I ended up toping aircon gas to monitor the situation.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone tried diy changing their coil, since parts and instructions can be found online. So just let outside ws to finish up topping the gas. This method will definitely save a lot.

pump gas and see if the gas leaked again...

Thanks, I have done so.. hope it won't leak again. Now my wife and son won't sweat while seating behind. Lol

Anyone tried diy changing their coil, since parts and instructions can be found online. So just let outside ws to finish up topping the gas. This method will definitely save a lot.

Quite a tedious work. It's better to leave it to the experience workshop.

↡ Advertisement